A brand new day in Yokohama

stanfordmed

09-28-2005, 09:48 AM

Good morning from Yokohama! :wavey:

http://www.timog.com/gallery/files/1/8/0/sunrise1a_69514.jpg

Teddy

09-28-2005, 10:33 AM

Wala akong makitang ganitong kagandang tanawin sa lugar namin:( Hay…:frowning: Urayamashii naa…

betong

09-28-2005, 11:24 AM

Good morning to you too, Stanfie! :coffee:

Nice view. So, when’s the balcony party?:peepwall:

stanfordmed

09-28-2005, 11:53 AM

Good morning to you too, Stanfie! :coffee:

Nice view. So, when’s the balcony party?:peepwall:

Kailan ba ang gusto n’yo?
Betong, don’t forget to bring those Lavazza espresso. Balcony party won’t be the same without it! :coffee:

betong

09-28-2005, 12:24 PM

Kailan ba ang gusto n’yo?
Betong, don’t forget to bring those Lavazza espresso. Balcony party won’t be the same without it! :coffee:

Uhm, well in another thread - ‘Anong ulam n’yo…’ they are all talking about food, particularly around the kangking theme. So, let’s see if those guys are interested as well. :dogpile:
And Maruchan, please bring some sinigang (not the one you have taken a picture of and have already eaten…:rolleyes:)
:band: :dowave:

ariz

09-28-2005, 01:42 PM

:grouphug: join ako dyan ha!!!:toast:

Maruchan

09-28-2005, 09:17 PM

Did I hear PARTY? Count me in!!! :food: Join ako siempre. But I don’t like dog food. No, no, no. No doggie food for me please. :yuck:

Stanfordmed, awesome photos! Too bad I missed the whole morning; woke up really late…like 3 in the afternoon today. :sick:

Hungry eyes

09-28-2005, 09:19 PM

i never seen this view…so wonderfull…thx for sharing the photo…its so relaxing…

stanfordmed

09-28-2005, 11:03 PM

Did I hear PARTY? Count me in!!! :food: Join ako siempre. But I don’t like dog food. No, no, no. No doggie food for me please. :yuck:

Stanfordmed, awesome photos! Too bad I missed the whole morning; woke up really late…like 3 in the afternoon today. :sick:
Maruchan,
Wow, you really woke up late today! Buti ka pa, you can wake up any time. I can’t sleep past 8 am because my bird wakes up around 6 am and starts calling before 7 am. Lintek na ibon na 'to… :ohlord: Iuwi ko na sa states at ipa-board ko muna sa pet sitter n’ya para naman makalayas ako. I need a vacation - Paris, here I come!

stanfordmed

09-28-2005, 11:25 PM

i never seen this view…so wonderfull…thx for sharing the photo…its so relaxing…
Hungry eyes,
:yesyes: Indeed, mother nature at its best; so peaceful and revitalizing! When I saw the sunrise, it made me smile and gave me great sense of feeling - oh so wonderful to be alive and healthy… :jiggy:

Wala akong makitang ganitong kagandang tanawin sa lugar namin Hay… Urayamashii naa…

Teddy-san,

Here’s a sunrise just for you…:kiss:

Teddy

09-29-2005, 10:12 AM

Teddy-san,

Here’s a sunrise just for you…:kiss:

Sa akin na lang ba ito? Tenkyu, stanford-san!:wave:

BTW, saan ba ito? Manila Bay? Borakay?

stanfordmed

09-29-2005, 10:31 AM

Sa akin na lang ba ito? Tenkyu, stanford-san!:wave:

BTW, saan ba ito? Manila Bay? Borakay?

Teddy-san,

Sorry, Yokohama Bay lang. Dinikit ko lang yo’ng handle mo para personalized ang dating :smiley:

Teddy

09-29-2005, 02:40 PM

Teddy-san,

Sorry, Yokohama Bay lang. Dinikit ko lang yo’ng handle mo para personalized ang dating :smiley:

Ouch…:doh: Di ko alam yung Yokohama Bay ay kasing-ganda ng Borakay:D :rolleyes:

stanfordmed

09-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Ouch…:doh: Di ko alam yung Yokohama Bay ay kasing-ganda ng Borakay:D :rolleyes:

Dagdagan natin ng coconut trees along the Yokohama Bay and voilà!— ala Borakay na…:smiley:

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:
:fish: :fish: :fish:
:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:
:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Maruchan

09-29-2005, 11:40 PM

Maruchan,
Wow, you really woke up late today! Buti ka pa, you can wake up any time. I can’t sleep past 8 am because my bird wakes up around 6 am and starts calling before 7 am. Lintek na ibon na 'to… :ohlord: Iuwi ko na sa states at ipa-board ko muna sa pet sitter n’ya para naman makalayas ako. I need a vacation - Paris, here I come!

You’re going to Paris? Wow, lucky you!. Inggit ako. Well, my offer to bird-sit still stands, if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

stanfordmed

09-30-2005, 12:07 AM

You’re going to Paris? Wow, lucky you!. Inggit ako. Well, my offer to bird-sit still stands, if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

Plan in the making (Paris).
First thing first; I’m trying to get my bird back to the U.S. as soon as possible before they ban importation of all bird (including pet), due to the Avian Flu resurfacing. There’s so many permits, certification and inspection that my bird has to go through starting here in Japan all the way to the U.S. I’m also awaiting from JAL if they will accept her to fly with me in-cabin. I think JAL is my last hope, all other airlines do not allow bird in-cabin. I took ANA coming here, but their policy changed about two months ago.

Thanks for the offer, though. I’m just hoping there won’t be a problem of her going back beacuse she’s not happy here and if the ban goes through, she’ll never be able to go back home at all. :frowning:

betong

09-30-2005, 01:21 AM

Plan in the making (Paris).
First thing first; I’m trying to get my bird back to the U.S. as soon as possible before they ban importation of all bird (including pet), due to the Avian Flu resurfacing. :frowning:

Careful, you may be a victim of SARS. Severe Asian Racism Syndrome.:rolleyes:

But, if you get through all of that and you still plan to go to Paris, the city of lights, the most romantic city in the world, the city where I saw somebody driving naked (I’m serious), Iknow some good restaurants (naku pagkain nanaman ang nasa-isip nito…).

BTW, because of Maruchan’s very inspiring photo in Ano’ng ulam?, guess what I had for diner today? Yup, it’s my ultimate comfort food. Sinigang na baboy. :mohawk:

Maruchan

09-30-2005, 01:52 AM

But, if you get through all of that and you still plan to go to Paris, the city of lights, the most romantic city in the world, the city where I saw somebody driving naked (I’m serious), Iknow some good restaurants (naku pagkain nanaman ang nasa-isip nito…).

BTW, because of Maruchan’s very inspiring photo in Ano’ng ulam?, guess what I had for diner today? Yup, it’s my ultimate comfort food. Sinigang na baboy. :mohawk:

LOL sa SARS ni Betong! :hihi: And good for you sa sinigang na baboy mo.

Ah, Paris, that’s the city where my hubby and I were smooching in every corner. If we were not taking pictures we were lovey dovey to each other. :love:

stanfordmed

09-30-2005, 02:44 PM

:mohawk:

Are you referring to “the Paris syndrome (http://www.timesonline.co.u k/article/0,3-1403495,00.html)”?
Wala naman akong napansin na SARS when I was there before. But I saw this crude American man flagging a taxi in the middle of the road. Nakakahiya! I think the naked driver would be more acceptable in Paris than flagging a taxi in the middle of the road. :smiley:
Kapag matuloy ang plan namin, I’ll ask for those good restaurant. Last time I was there I got food poisoning from a seafood restaurant across Hotel Concorde St-Lazare (http://www.concordestlazare-paris.com/), where we stayed. I forgot the name of that restaurant; I was hotel bound for the whole day. Buti na lang may dala akong Cipro - my wonder drug. I never leave home without it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Which arrondissement would you recommend to stay?

betong

09-30-2005, 02:57 PM

Are you referring to “the Paris syndrome (http://www.timesonline.co.u k/article/0,3-1403495,00.html)”?
Wala naman akong napansin na SARS when I was there before. But I saw this crude American man flagging a taxi in the middle of the road. Nakakahiya! I think the naked driver would be more acceptable in Paris than flagging a taxi in the middle of the road. :smiley:
Kapag matuloy ang plan namin, I’ll ask for those good restaurant. Last time I was there I got food poisoning from a seafood restaurant across Hotel Concorde St-Lazare (http://www.concordestlazare-paris.com/), where we stayed. I forgot the name of that restaurant; I was hotel bound for the whole day. Buti na lang may dala akong Cipro - my wonder drug. I never leave home without it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Which arrondissement would you recommend to stay?
Around the Quartier Latin near the Notre Dame Temple.

stanfordmed

09-30-2005, 03:23 PM

Around the Quartier Latin near the Notre Dame Temple.

Great! How about hotels? Nothing over http://www.expedia.com/pubspec/images/3stars.gif at this time since wala akong trabaho.

I remember a small Japanese restaurant near the cathedral just across the Seine, where a had udon soup (it was soothing after the food poisoning) whilst my friar cousin had sushi.

stanfordmed

09-30-2005, 07:01 PM

Great! How about hotels? Nothing over http://www.expedia.com/pubspec/images/3stars.gif at this time since wala akong trabaho.

I remember a small Japanese restaurant near the cathedral just across the Seine, where a had udon soup (it was soothing after the food poisoning) whilst my friar cousin had sushi.

Ngeek, typo error. I wasn’t wearing my glasses when I wrote the above post kasi may headache ako kanina - worrying and taking care of the bird’s documents. I meant to write 'where I had udon soup…

pip

09-30-2005, 09:49 PM

:DHi guys! Im new here and relatively new in Tokyo too… ganda nga ng sunrise sa Yokohama halos wala kang makitang ganyan dito sa Tokyo e.
Good to know na meron palang ganitong avenue. I go to mass halos every sunday just to know some kababayans din sana. Hope i could join one of your parties some time!

betong

09-30-2005, 11:40 PM

This is a hotel we like in the quartier latin
http://www.hoteldulevant.co m/pages_uk_new/frameset.htm
It’s right in the middle of the quartier latin and is a pedestrian area, just walking distance from the metro and the Notre Dame cathedral. Not far away are the Louvre, le marais, Champs-Elysées.
The hotel is newly refurbished, clean and the people are nice.:tiphat:

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.