An Act of Kindness for a Broken Heart...

striver

12-13-2005, 06:17 PM

An Act of Kindness for a Broken Heart…
by Meladee McCarty

(http://www.chickensoup.com/books/soup_2.html)My husband, Hanoch, and I wrote a book Acts of Kindness: How to Create a Kindness Revolution, which has generated much interest across America. This story was shared with us by an anonymous caller during a radio talk show in Chicago.

“Hi, Mommy, what are you doing?” asked Susie.

“I’m making a casserole for Mrs. Smith next door,” said her mother.

“Why?” asked Susie, who was only six years old.

“Because Mrs. Smith is very sad; she lost her daughter and she has a broken heart. We need to take care of her for a little while.”

“Why, Mommy?”

“You see, Susie, when someone is very, very sad, they have trouble doing the little things like making dinner or other chores. Because we’re part of a community and Mrs. Smith is our neighbor, we need to do some things to help her. Mrs. Smith won’t ever be able to talk with her daughter or hug her or do all those wonderful things that mommies and daughters do together. You are a very smart girl, Susie; maybe you’ll think of some way to help take care of Mrs. Smith.”

Susie thought seriously about this challenge and how she could do her part in caring for Mrs. Smith. A few minutes later, Susie knocked on her door. After a few moments Mrs. Smith answered the knock with a “Hi, Susie.”
Susie noticed that Mrs. Smith didn’t have that familiar musical quality about her voice when she greeted someone.

Mrs. Smith also looked as though she might have been crying because her eyes were watery and swollen.“What can I do for you, Susie?” asked Mrs. Smith.
“My mommy says that you lost your daughter and you’re very, very sad with a broken heart.” Susie held her hand out shyly. In it was a Band-Aid. “This is for your broken heart.” Mrs. Smith gasped, choking back her tears. She knelt down and hugged Susie. Through her tears she said, “Thank you, darling girl, this will help a lot.”

Mrs. Smith accepted Susie’s act of kindness and took it one step further. She purchased a small key ring with a plexiglass picture frame – the ones designed to carry keys and proudly display a family portrait at the same time. Mrs. Smith placed Susie’s Band-Aid in the frame to remind herself to heal a little every time she sees it. She wisely knows that healing takes time and support. It has become her symbol for healing, while not forgetting the joy and love she experienced with her daughter.

ritzyu

12-14-2005, 12:03 AM

An article in National Geographic several years ago provided a penetrating
picture God’s wings. After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest
rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno’s damage.
One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the
ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he
knocked over the bird with a stick. When he gently struck it, three tiny chicks
scurried from under their mother’s wings.

The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried he
offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under he wings,
instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown
to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. When the blaze had arrived
and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast.
Because she had been willing to die, those under the cover of her wings would
live. " He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will refuge."
(Psalm 91:4). Being loved this much should make difference in your life.
Remember the one who loves you and then be diffirent because of it.

andres

12-14-2005, 12:17 AM

puut…puut…puut… . makikisingit lang po…

No offense meant, pero hindi totoo etong kwento na 'to tungkol sa bird.
http://www.truthorfiction.c om/rumors/m/motherbird.htm

Maraming mga urban legends o hoax na nagsisirkulo sa internet, kaya nararapat na maingat tayo. Ngunit hindi rin naman ganun kahirap i-verify. In this case, ginugel ko lang ang “national geographic yellow stone fire bird chicks”. May mga sites nga na nagse-specialize dito, tulad ng www.truthorfiction.c om.

Sabi nga nila, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. :slight_smile:

ritzyu

12-14-2005, 12:53 AM

Maraming mga urban legends o hoax na nagsisirkulo sa internet, kaya nararapat na maingat tayo. Ngunit hindi rin naman ganun kahirap i-verify. In this case, ginugel ko lang ang “national geographic yellow stone fire bird chicks”. May mga sites nga na nagse-specialize dito, tulad ng www.truthorfiction.c om (http://www.truthorfiction.c om).

Sabi nga nila, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. :slight_smile:

hindi ba totoo ito, thanx for the alarm. my cousin sent it to
me 3 years ago and very ispirational kaya ko nai-share.
:rolleyes: :frowning:
inantok tuloy akong bigla, tulog na nga ako, kung ano-ano
ang pinagpupulot ko sa file. arigatoooo ! yasuminasai

ritzyu

12-14-2005, 07:21 PM

Maraming mga urban legends o hoax na nagsisirkulo sa internet, kaya nararapat na maingat tayo. Ngunit hindi rin naman ganun kahirap i-verify. In this case, ginugel ko lang ang “national geographic yellow stone fire bird chicks”. May mga sites nga na nagse-specialize dito, tulad ng www.truthorfiction.c om (http://www.truthorfiction.c om).

salamat sa truth or fiction na ipinadala mo, kanina ko
lang nabasa, kagabi kasi antok na antok ako. nakakatuwa
naman ang forum na ito, ang daming matututunan, di ako nagkamali
ng join dito. andres thankyou !

docomo

12-14-2005, 07:44 PM

@striver

…For me ,An act of kindness is priceless :slight_smile:

Stacie Fil

12-14-2005, 10:04 PM

@striver

…For me ,An act of kindness is priceless :slight_smile:

Pa dagdag:

(chorus)
You’ve got to try a little kindness
Yes show a little kindness
Let shine you light for everyone to see…

Cause if you try a little kindness
You will overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people
On the narrow minded street.

docomo

12-15-2005, 12:44 PM

@ Stacie Fil (padag dag din):stuck_out_tongue:

… I know that this lyrics has something to do with what you’ve told me , And I appreciate it very much so don’t be alarmed…

It’s worth the discomfort for the peace of mind it brings … ( me,speaking :slight_smile: )

tfcfan

12-18-2005, 12:55 PM

striver san,natouch naman ako sa ipinost mong story.medyo naluha ako,basta talaga mga kwentong mother and child,madali akong maka-relate (senti kase ako :()
lalo na dun sa part na band-aid ang iniabot ng bata,na kahit inosenteng matatawag eh, napakalaking bagay na maituturing, yung kanyang naibigay!
ayyyyy!how sweet!:kiss:

louisian1986

12-18-2005, 01:52 PM

Ritzyu no need to feel sorry, we have learned something from that story you got from the internet, be it fact or fiction. Ang mahalaga may kabuluhan ang kwento. Ganyan katindi and pagmamahal ng isang ina na kung minsan hindi maintindihan ng mga anak hanggang sila mismo ay hindi naging magulang. Keep on digging those kind of stories, fact or fiction that inspires us to deal with our life. Life is short… always hears it from the Japanese.:wink:

ritzyu

12-18-2005, 06:36 PM

Ritzyu no need to feel sorry, we have learned something from that story you got from the internet, be it fact or fiction. Ang mahalaga may kabuluhan ang kwento. Ganyan katindi and pagmamahal ng isang ina na kung minsan hindi maintindihan ng mga anak hanggang sila mismo ay hindi naging magulang. Keep on digging those kind of stories, fact or fiction that inspires us to deal with our life. Life is short… always hears it from the Japanese.:wink:

louisian1986 salamat, walang anuman yon.
willing to help lang naman sila.

this is a great site for information, pag me tanong
ka, ask ka lang, wag kang mahihiya.

:phone: :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

striver

12-19-2005, 05:38 PM

striver san,natouch naman ako sa ipinost mong story.medyo naluha ako,basta talaga mga kwentong mother and child,madali akong maka-relate (senti kase ako :()
lalo na dun sa part na band-aid ang iniabot ng bata,na kahit inosenteng matatawag eh, napakalaking bagay na maituturing, yung kanyang naibigay!
ayyyyy!how sweet!:kiss:

dont mention it po. thankful ako at na touch po kita. ilan ba baby mo? isa pa lang? dapat maka 1 dosena ka po. he he he.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.