BBC: The cult of 'People Power'

andres

09-23-2005, 12:10 AM

From the BBC:
“Filipinos chased the Marcoses out of their country bloodlessly, but they couldn’t get the Marcos inside themselves out so easily. Nor have Ukrainians found that their new rulers were more honest than the old ones.”

dito po>> (BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Viewpoint: The cult of 'People Power')

Biruin nyo yung blooper na ito: sabi sa article “Ferdinand and Isabella Marcos” hehehe! :smiley:
(pero baka binago na nila by the time basahin nyo ito)

docomo

09-23-2005, 12:39 AM

…20 years in power, what more can i say? :cool:

goldhorse

09-23-2005, 05:47 AM

From the BBC: Biruin nyo yung blooper na ito: sabi sa article “Ferdinand and Isabella Marcos” hehehe! :smiley:
(pero baka binago na nila by the time basahin nyo ito)

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you view it, the blooper is still there. I’ve sent an e-mail informing BBC of the mistake…so hurry and download the page now!:smiley:

I do agree with the point the article makes though. People Power can be addictive. It’s a quick way to impeach an unpopular ruler. However, People Power only takes care of the symptoms, not the disease. As long as the political system itself is not improved, no amount of People Power can prevent the rise of another corrupt leader. So what do we do? Another revolution? Give it a break!

goldhorse

09-25-2005, 09:47 PM

Na correct na ang yuong pangalan ni Imelda:D Di man lang sumagot sa mail ko.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.