Brain teasers, anyone? Tongue-twisters maybe?

pcbuildersam
09-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Hello folks outta there,
Just come to think of it…yeah…yeah…w hy not?Anything goes.Whatever… :rolleyes::open_mouth:

Do you know?..That Guinea pigs are not pigs at all? That they are also not
from Guinea? Then why the name Guinea pig?

Why? Why do quick sand go slowly?:smiley:

English was invented by people not by computers.Period.It reflects the creativity of the human race-which is not a race after all.
The lunacy of the language…your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill a form by filling it out,an alarm goes off by going on. :confused: When the stars are out they are visible,but when the lights are out ,they are invisible.:eek:
You can ship by truck and send cargo by ship, and how about feet that smell and noses that run?:OIf the plural of tooth is teeth ,then why is the plural of booth not beeth?:rolleyes: In what other language can people recite at a play ,and play at a recital?Listening to a story about a soldier who decided to desert his dessert in the desert,and a report about a landfill site that is so full that it refused to accept more refuse.:eek:
Why is there no egg in an egg-plant? Nor ham in a hamburger? hmmmm:rolleyes:

Check this out… Six thousand ,six hundred six dollars is written as $ 6,606.Now write eleven thousand,eleven hundred eleven as fast as you can.:open_mouth:

Divide 100 by 1/2 and add 10 .What do you have?:rolleyes:

More next time…see ya layta alegayta!!..
Raiden
09-22-2005, 10:50 AM
"Check this out… Six thousand ,six hundred six dollars is written as $ 6,606.Now write eleven thousand,eleven hundred eleven as fast as you can.:open_mouth:

Divide 100 by 1/2 and add 10 .What do you have?:rolleyes:"

1.) 12,111

2.) 210

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Dax
09-22-2005, 01:05 PM
100 pounds of feathers is heavier than 100 pounds of gold.

Explain why.

Spoiler:

Gold and other precious metals are measured using Troy pounds. 1 pound of gold is equal to 12 Troy ounces of 480 grains each, therefore 100 pounds of gold is 576,000 grains.

However, other commodities besides precious metals are measured using the Avoirdupois pound. 1 Avoirdupois pound is equal to 7000 grains, therefore 100 pounds of feathers weigh 700,000 grains.

Now, 1 grain in Troy weight is equal to 1 grain in Avoirdupois weight. Hence, 100 pounds of feathers is heavier than 100 pounds of gold.
pcbuildersam
09-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Ang relo ni Leroy ay rolex,rolex ang relo ni leroy.:D:rolleyes::e ek::yippee:

Punctuate the following sentence so that it makes sense:

Jim where Bill had had had had had had had had had was right.

Pedro came to class announcing that it is his father’s and grandfather’s birthday and to the surprise of everybody he said that they are both the same age.His teacher says that he is wrong and that he is crazy.But Pedro insists that he is right.Can he be?

In a remote far away town ,there are only two barbers .Glancing into the barber shops you notice that the first barber’s shop is messy ,disorganized and the man’s got a terrible haircut that you wouldn’t want to have. On the second barber shop you noticed that it is clean ,tidy and the man’s got a clean shave and well permed hair.Which of the two barbershop would you go ,and why?
goldhorse
09-22-2005, 09:14 PM
In a remote far away town ,there are only two barbers .Glancing into the barber shops you notice that the first barber’s shop is messy ,disorganized and the man’s got a terrible haircut that you wouldn’t want to have. On the second barber shop you noticed that it is clean ,tidy and the man’s got a clean shave and well permed hair.Which of the two barbershop would you go ,and why?

The first barber, of course. Messy can mean well used. On the other hand tidy can mean hardly used. Of course, if there is no other barber around only the second barber could have cut the first barber’s hair, and vice versa, which means that the first barber is the better barber.
kalypso
09-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Oh, i like tongue twisters. They’re fun and challenging. Say “bad blood” ten times, to see what I mean. Everytime I try it, I end up saying… "Bad blood blah bluh bluh bluh.:stuck_out_tongue:

Here are some of my favorites:

She sells sea shells on the seashore.
The seashells she sells are seashells she is sure.

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Betty bought some butter,
but the butter Betty bought was bitter,
so Betty bought some better butter,
and the better butter Betty bought
was better than the bitter butter Betty bought before!

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck,
If a wooodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would chuck,
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Red lorry, yellow lorry.

The sixth sheik’s sixth sheep 's sick.

Twelve twins twirled twelve twigs.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy,
Was he?

A noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more!

To begin to toboggan first, buy a toboggan.
But do not buy too big a toboggan!
Too big a toboggan is too big a toboggan to buy to begin to toboggan.

Happy tongue twisting, everyone!

Ang relo ni Leroy ay rolex,rolex ang relo ni leroy.:D:rolleyes::e ek::yippee:
hotcake
09-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Below are four (4) questions. You have to answer them instantly. You can’t take your time, answer all of them, immediately.

First Question:

You are participating in a race.

You overtake the second person.

What position are you in?

Answer:

If you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong!

If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Try not to screw up in the next question.

Second Question:

If you overtake the last person, then you are…?

Answer:

If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong.

Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST person? YOU are the last person.

You’re not very good at this are you?

Third Question:

Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

Answer:

Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100. Don’t believe it? Check with your calculator!

Today is definitely not your day. Maybe you will get the last question right?

Fourth Question:

Mary’s father has five daughters:

1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono.

What is the name of the fifth daughter?

(a, e, i, o, u)?

Answer:

Nunu? NO! Of course, not. Her name is Mary. Read the question again.
Japs4Him
10-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Saan napunta ang PISO?

Let’s take a break…'wag munang problema sa trabaho ang isipin natin…baka di natin kayanin, eto na lang muna :wink: Saan nga ba napunta ang piso??? Sagutin nyo nga … huwag n’yo lang dibdibin masyado ha… piso pa lang 'yan… Tapos balik na agad sa trabaho, huh?!..

May natagpuan kang T-shirt sa department store, ito ay nagkakahalaga ng Php 97.00. Kaso, wala kang cash; humiram ka sa nanay mo ng Php 50.00 at sa tatay mo ng Php 50.00.
Magkano na ang pera mo? (ans: Php 100.00)

Binili mo ang T-shirt. Magkanong sukli mo? (ans: Php 3.00)

Binalik mo yung piso sa nanay mo, magkano na lang ang utang mo sa nanay mo? (ans: Php 49.00)

Binalik mo yung isa pang piso sa tatay mo, magkano na lang utang mo sa tatay mo? (ans: Php 49.00)

Yung isang piso na sa iyo. Eto na ang pang-gulo…
49 + 49 ? (ans: 98) + piso na nasa iyo? (ans: 99)

Nasaan na 'yung Piso?
Raiden
10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Saan napunta ang PISO?

Let’s take a break…'wag munang problema sa trabaho ang isipin natin…baka di natin kayanin, eto na lang muna :wink: Saan nga ba napunta ang piso??? Sagutin nyo nga … huwag n’yo lang dibdibin masyado ha… piso pa lang 'yan… Tapos balik na agad sa trabaho, huh?!..

May natagpuan kang T-shirt sa department store, ito ay nagkakahalaga ng Php 97.00. Kaso, wala kang cash; humiram ka sa nanay mo ng Php 50.00 at sa tatay mo ng Php 50.00.
Magkano na ang pera mo? (ans: Php 100.00)

Binili mo ang T-shirt. Magkanong sukli mo? (ans: Php 3.00)

Binalik mo yung piso sa nanay mo, magkano na lang ang utang mo sa nanay mo? (ans: Php 49.00)

Binalik mo yung isa pang piso sa tatay mo, magkano na lang utang mo sa tatay mo? (ans: Php 49.00)

Yung isang piso na sa iyo. Eto na ang pang-gulo…
49 + 49 ? (ans: 98) + piso na nasa iyo? (ans: 99)

Nasaan na 'yung Piso?

Nasa akin. :smiley:

(50-1) + (50-1) = 100-2 = 97+1

Pagkatapos kong ibigay yung 2 piso kay ermat at erpat, 98 pesos na lang ang utang ko sa kanila. Kaya yung remaining piso (98-97=1) ay nasa akin.

I didn’t add the remaining piso to my utang. I just think of it as the sukli from the 98 pesos I paid for the 97 peso shirt.

The correct way is, instead of adding the piso to my utang, I deduct 1 piso from my utang. Kaya 48.50 + 48.50 = 97 :smiley:
docomo
10-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Say the color not the word

yellowblue orange black
red green purple yellow
green black blue red
purple green blue orange

:bouncy:
rhiverz
04-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Minaniko ni Monico ang makina ni Monica
Aquamarine
04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Can you see why this painting is called optical illusion ? You may not see it at first, but the white spaces read the word optical, the blue landscape reads the word illusion. See for yourself !
Aquamarine
04-13-2006, 08:14 PM
In black you can read the word GOOD, in white the word EVIL (inside each black letter is a white letter)
Aquamarine
04-13-2006, 08:14 PM
The word TEACH reflects as LEARN.
Aquamarine
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
In brown you can read ME, and when you look through you can read YOU.
Yujin
04-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Know how ur brain works – now wrong spelling isnt that bad after all
ayumi
04-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Know how ur brain works – now wrong spelling isnt that bad after all

I-TRY KO LANG,PLS.LET ME KNOW IF IM WRONG

I COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT I COULD ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS READING

THE PHENOMENAL POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND
ACCORDING TO A RESEARCH AT CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY,IT DOESNT MATTER IN WHAT ORDER THE LETTERS IN A WORD ARE,THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE FIRST AND THE LAST LETTER BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.THE REST CAN BE A TOTAL MESS AND YOU CAN STILL READ IT WITHOUT PROBLEM.THIS IS BECAUSE THE HUMAN MIND DOES NOT READ EVERY LETTER BY ITSELF,BUT THE WORD AS A WHOLE.

AMAZING HUH?

tama ba?

HAYAKUCHI KOTOBA:

NAMAMUGI NAMAGOME NAMATAMAGO

TONARINO KYAKUWA YOKU KAKI KU KYAKUDA

TONARINO KAKENI TAKE TATE KAKETA
Yujin
04-14-2006, 12:41 AM
I-TRY KO LANG,PLS.LET ME KNOW IF IM WRONG

I COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT I COULD ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS READING

THE PHENOMENAL POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND
ACCORDING TO A RESEARCH AT CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY,IT DOESNT MATTER IN WHAT ORDER THE LETTERS IN A WORD ARE,THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE FIRST AND THE LAST LETTER BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.THE REST CAN BE A TOTAL MESS AND YOU CAN STILL READ IT WITHOUT PROBLEM.THIS IS BECAUSE THE HUMAN MIND DOES NOT READ EVERY LETTER BY ITSELF,BUT THE WORD AS A WHOLE.

AMAZING HUH?

tama ba?

ayumi,

tama ang post mo :slight_smile: omedetou.
This proves that meron ka rin “powerful human mind” :smiley:
Salamat sa pagpost ng tamang version.

attention sa mga babasa pa sa original post.
U must not look sa post ni ayumi wala dayaan hehe,
You are suppose to understand the meaning of the original version if you are “human” and u have a “mind” :smiley: joke lamang po.

enjoy
joeblack
10-14-2006, 08:32 PM
ayumi,

tama ang post mo :slight_smile: omedetou.
This proves that meron ka rin “powerful human mind” :smiley:
Salamat sa pagpost ng tamang version.

attention sa mga babasa pa sa original post.
U must not look sa post ni ayumi wala dayaan hehe,
You are suppose to understand the meaning of the original version if you are “human” and u have a “mind” :smiley: joke lamang po.

enjoy

A Foolish young fisher named fisher,
Once fish for some fish in the fissure,
fill the fish with a grin,fulled the fisherman in,
Now, his fishing the fissure for fisher.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.