Dignity and Honor

magellan

07-10-2005, 08:11 AM

Do we still have an HONEST AND RELIABLE government in the philippines ? Does our intelligent government leaders know the true meaning of HONESTY and DELICADEZA ? I hope so! Most of our congressmen,senators and our bureaucratic leaders especially our president, Mrs. Arroyo are well educated enough of the significance of the two words i mentioned above. Can we still give our trust and loyalty to a government plastered with scandalous dishonesty?

How can we have a progressive PHILIPPINES if our leaders itself cannot be a good example to be clean and respected one. As of me, Mrs Arroyo should step down and give way to others who still has the HONOR, INTEGRITY and RESPECT to manage and govern the people.It is really hard for her to resign but she had done wrong so she had to go to prevent a big chaos for filipino people. I hope that the next President or Leader of our country would be the better one. This is my opinion only coz in my mind and heart i am still a FILIPINO.

neblus

07-11-2005, 12:57 PM

But when’s the last time we had an HONEST and RELIABLE government in the Philippines? from the 1940s to the 1960s or maybe even less? … which is really a very short time for an HONEST and RELIABLE institution to be established. Then dumating pa si Marcos, na hindi lang nangurakot but destroyed people’s trust to the institution (sa pulis, sa korte etc.) and at the same time, took away people’s hope and started mass exodus (kailan ba nagsimula iyong usapang “Braindrain”).

What do we really ask from our LEADERS? That they be the bearer of HONOR, INTEGRITY and RESPECT then I will say, we never had that since “maybe” Magsaysay (let those who were there speak since hindi ko naman po naranasan iyong panahong iyon) so what makes Arroyo different?

Pero hindi naman po ako pro- or against- but it is very clear from where I am now na kung umalis si GMA right now, hindi yata maganda iyong mangyayari since there is really nobody there to replace her. Unlike EDSA 1 or EDSA 2 na merong standard bearer ang opposition, ngayon parang lahat sila gustong pumalit. At hindi lang opposition, even those with ambitions sa ruling party gusto ring pumalit! So sinong pipiliin natin? How can these people form a “caretaker” government kung lahat sila gustong maging Presidente?

J

reon

07-11-2005, 10:57 PM

welcome sa timog, magellan. dignity at honor ba? ano ba’ng ibig sabihin nyan? >> hanap sa english-tagalog dictionary…

goldhorse

07-13-2005, 02:21 AM

Let us not forget also that government officials came from the populace. If the greater part of the populace were not brought up in an evironment that respects the virtues of HONOR, INTEGRITY and RESPECT, then we can hardly expect our leaders to bear those very same virtues. Although I certainly do not condone the corruption that ails our government, I cannot but think that within the ranks of of the opposition berating the government are people as corrupt if not even more so than the ones they are criticising, and that given the chance at the reigns will do their part in making the Filipinos life harder. A bible passage comes into mind. “…And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?” Yes, let us denounce evil as we see it, but let us also beware that we not commit the same evil.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.