Don't Feed The Pigeons!

makulit

07-31-2005, 03:16 AM

Reference Tokyo Metropolitan Government Website (http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH/ADMINI/PRESS/2005/index.htm)

Domestic pigeons wreaking havoc

Tokyo Metropolitan Government receives over 500 complaints and consultations on pigeons (usually feral pigeons) each year. Most of these are concern droppings by pigeons that have set up their nests on places such as condominium verandahs, and people feeding pigeons. Pigeon droppings not only harm appearances of building structures, but could also cause various health problems such as allergy-triggered asthma.

Cause of pigeon population increase and countermeasures

The biggest cause of the increase in pigeon population is believed to be people feeding the birds. The ample supply of feed makes it possible for pigeons to breed several times throughout the year.

In an effort to examine how lack of feed would reduce pigeon population, the Stop Feeding Pigeons campaign is now underway at the Metropolitan Ueno Onshi Park for the duration of one year starting January 22. Visitors are asked to refrain from feeding the birds, while we regularly monitor fluctuations in pigeon population in the area.

Don’t feed pigeons

Damage resulting from the excessive increase in pigeon population is reported across the nation, with 100,000 pigeons (over 1,000 in Tokyo) each year.

Feeding pigeons leads to a steady increase in the number of people suffering from pigeon-related problems, which, in turn, turns pigeons into pests.

Feeding pigeons does not protect them in any way whatsoever. We seek your understanding and cooperation in our no-feeding campaign

makulit

07-31-2005, 01:27 PM

To Forum Admin. Paki-move naman po itong Announcement na ito, nagkamali po ako. Hindi po sya dapat new thread.

Pasensya na po. At maraming salamat.

nick

07-31-2005, 01:45 PM

Hello makulit, saan mo gustong i-move itong announcement?

NemoySpruce

07-31-2005, 01:50 PM

Hmm, pede po ito dun sa ‘how to stretch your yen’ thred… masarap siguro ang tinolang pigeon with furikake…

makulit

07-31-2005, 01:58 PM

Hello makulit, saan mo gustong i-move itong announcement?
I think, dapat po sya sa ’ News and Announcements’
Pero it’s all upto you. Paki-lagay na lang po kung saan sya nararapat.
Maraming salat po.

nick

07-31-2005, 02:15 PM

Umm, we don’t have “News and Announcements”, makulit. Pero may “Announcements” lang, kung saan nasa loob nito itong thread mo. I think it fits right in. Hindi naman siguro ito sa “News Items” hindi ba?

makulit

07-31-2005, 03:12 PM

Umm, we don’t have “News and Announcements”, makulit. Pero may “Announcements” lang, kung saan nasa loob nito itong thread mo. I think it fits right in. Hindi naman siguro ito sa “News Items” hindi ba?
Maraming Salamat Po.

nick

07-31-2005, 08:04 PM

Maraming Salamat Po.Let’s do away with the “po”, okay? :smiley:

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.