During mission

RISINGSUN

07-18-2005, 05:21 PM

my wife has a during mission visa. pwede po ba itong iconvert into working visa:confused:

v_wrangler

07-18-2005, 06:00 PM

my wife has a during mission visa. pwede po ba itong iconvert into working visa:confused: What is a during mision visa? Ngayon ko lang kase narinig yan category na iyan.
Is it a diplomatic visa or is she in a Religious mission?

nick

07-18-2005, 06:46 PM

Hello RisingSun, Welcome to Timog Forum!
my wife has a during mission visa. pwede po ba itong iconvert into working visa?Ang una kong naisip sa “mission” ay “spy”. Masyado yata akong nanonood ng mga spy movies. :smiley: Pasensya na RisingSun, ano nga ba ang “during mission” na visa?

summer

07-18-2005, 07:22 PM

RisingSun, what is “during visa”? Thanks

reon

07-18-2005, 07:27 PM

RisingSun, what is “during visa”? sorry summer, hindi ko mapigilang matawa. take no offense, please. :bouncy:

stanfordmed

07-18-2005, 07:55 PM

Nick,

Hindi ‘Mission Impossible’ or M:i-2 :cool:
I search the web and there is a ‘Mission Visa’ pero walang “during mission visa”:

http://www.esteri.it/eng/6_38_195.asp

Mission visa: This type of visa can be obtained by foreign journalists working for government media, or by journalists traveling to Italy to partecipate in conventions or other authorized events.
FAMILY OF US MILITARY-Mission Visa

nick

07-18-2005, 08:08 PM

Thanks stanfordmed,

Let’s hear it from RisingSun himself kung ano nga ba itong “mission visa” so people can answer his question.

pointblank

07-18-2005, 10:53 PM

Since we get SOOOO MANY questions about Japanese visas (and since hindi ko naman negosyo ang mag-offer ng visa processing services ay pwede kong ibigay ang source na ito dahil walang mawawala sa akin na business opportunity), here is official Ministry of Foreign Affairs web page for visas, in English:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html

Halos lahat ng basic na tanong niyo sa visa ay masasagot nito. For more detailed info, those who can read Nihongo should go to the Ministry of Justice homepage.

(Nick, Reon, et al: you might want to display the MoFA address somewhere permanent so that people can link to it.)

So, on with the show sa mahiwagang misteryo ng “during mission” visa ng asawa ni RisingSun… dyaran (drum roll)… “during mission” is not a TYPE of visa.

“during mission” is the DURATION (also called validity or term of residence) of the visa. For “professors” or “engineers”, the duration is either 1 or 3 years. For “entertainers”, this is either 3 months, or 6 months, or 1 year. For “diplomats” or “officials” of foreign governments recognized by Japan, (and for their family members belonging to the same household), the duration is “during mission”, which means that the visa remains valid as long as the person is “on mission”. O, malinaw na ebribady??? :wink:

The only “during mission” visas are for diplomats and officials. (Ewan ko lang sa mga US military personnel dahil special agreement sila.) In ader werds, the asawa of RisingSun is an employee (or her immediate family) of a foreign government, on an official mission sponsored by that government.

The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) is deliberately vague on information regarding whether or not you can convert to a working visa from “diplomat” or “official”, but common sense would dictate that you CANNOT.

Ngayon, at the risk of offending RisingSun (sorry, pare, ha… I feel very strongly towards this kasi): if your wife holds a non-Philippine passport, by all means, go ahead and approach the MoJ, then tell us the result for our educational benefit; however, if your wife holds a Philippine passport (which makes her MY public servant - my taxes pay her salary), hindi ba kayo nakokonsyensya??? :mad: Are the rest of us Filipinos in Japan supposed to be happy and supportive of an attempt by one of our government officials to either jump ship or to stay on beyond her term of duty by all means? (If I am making the wrong premises, and she has a perfectly valid reason, then I offer my deepest apologies in advance.) :o

Advice lang to those who will read the web site I listed above, since alam ko naman na tayong mga Pinoy ay ma-abilidad sa pagpalusot sa batas: the Japanese government is not stupid. Any attempt to parse the law will be met with a refusal. Hindi niyo malulusutan ang immigration bureau sa mga application na kung anu-ano ang dahilan. You may sometimes wonder why the Japanese courts can be so strict about immigration offenses - remember, the Immigration Bureau is part of the Ministry of Justice. If you break an immigration law, para mo ding sinampalan ang mga judges dahil yung rules ng department nila mismo ang na-violate mo! :angry:

Sorry for the mini-sermon, but I think it is time that we Filipinos cleaned up our act both in the Philippines and IN JAPAN! :rant: Let’s stop shooting ourselves in the foot by condoning irregular activities by our fellow countrymen. :bonk: If we have the gall to ask GMA to resign or to demand that our politicians stop being trapos, we should clean up our own acts as well.

Yun lang at magandang gabi po sa inyong lahat. Bow. :tiphat:

andres

07-18-2005, 11:10 PM

Oh cmon pointblank, aren’t you being a little bit harsh?
Not knowing anything about the situation, I don’t think you should be hurling accusations around like that!
We should try to build a friendly atmosphere here at TF and give everyone the benefit of the daw. :wink:

v_wrangler

07-18-2005, 11:42 PM

Oh cmon pointblank, aren’t you being a little bit harsh?
Not knowing anything about the situation, I don’t think you should be hurling accusations around like that!
We should try to build a friendly atmosphere here at TF and give everyone the benefit of the daw. :wink:
Well I agree :-), kakatakot pala si Mr. pointblank. Eh eh. :eek: Hintayin muna natin i-clear ni Kabayan risingSun.:wink:

Paul

07-19-2005, 12:16 AM

kaya nga pointblank e. diretso sa sentido, walang kawala. pag tinamaan siguradong tepok.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-022.gif

reon

07-19-2005, 12:21 AM

Paul, kailangan yata natin niyang smiley na yan sa Timog. Pointblank, hahanap kami ng paglalagyan niyang link na binigay mo. Very useful. Friendly advice: take it easy. Baka tumaas ang blood pressure mo. Summer pa man din ngayon at mainit. :smiley:

logical

07-19-2005, 03:45 PM

pointblank you’re very strict with your statement, we don’t know the real reasons kung bakit nagtatanong si rising sun. siguro naman meron siyang valid reason kung bakit.

RISINGSUN

07-19-2005, 05:54 PM

well worded. not offended. thanks for the comments.

crispee

07-19-2005, 06:43 PM

:toast: Mabuhay ang pinoy! pero di lahat… :tiphat:

v_wrangler

07-19-2005, 06:47 PM

:toast: Mabuhay ang pinoy! pero di lahat… :tiphat:
Hahahahahaha! Pre, baka pagalitan tayo ni Mare sa kabila - dito tayo naglalakwatsa.

crispee

07-19-2005, 06:57 PM

:sssh: oks lang siguro…besides she’s busy on something…religi ous i think. :whistle:

pointblank

07-19-2005, 07:43 PM

Sorry uli kay RisingSun. I admit that my post was quite harsh. :bowdown:

I am also fully aware that I had jumped to conclusions before waiting for more details from RisingSun - which is why I had already said sorry and offered apologies in advance if I were making the wrong premises.

Kung mali yung premise ko na taga-embassy o gobyerno natin ang asawa ni RisingSun, there should really be no reason for him to feel offended dahil hindi nga applicable sa kanya ang sinabi ko. Should a statement like “Lahat ng Mongolians ay (…something masama)” hurt you kung di ka naman taga Mongolia?

Kung tama naman ang analysis ko, then I stand by my comments. Kung pwede lang ay mas matindi pa ang sinabi ko!

I mean, guys (and gals), please take a look at what is happening to our country at this very moment. A very major source of the rut we are in right now is due to decades of a lethal combination of extremely immoral politicians and a thoroughly dysfunctional bureaucracy. The state of government is so bad that GMA, in an address 2 weeks ago, practically went into “hiraki-naori plus gyaku-gire” mode and stated something to the effect that “Yes, I am not clean. You cannot be clean in Philippine politics. Let those with no sins cast the first stone!” Can you imagine the president of any decent nation going public with that kind of an admission right in the middle of a scandal that threatens to remove him from office? :yuck: (To those who are Nihongo neophytes: the nuance is difficult to explain, but “gyaku-gire” means “kung sino yung nang-aagrabyado, siya pa yung galit”, while “hiraki naori” is the attitude na “oo, mali ang ginawa ko, pero ano ngayon, may magagawa ka pa ba? at tsaka ginagawa naman ng iba.”)

Of course, it is not only our politicians and government that are at fault - which is why I am encouraging individual citizens to help in cleaning up our national act. This can only be done by starting with ourselves and those around us - in our case, sa mga kapwa Pinoy sa Japan. Hindi na tayo pwedeng patuloy pa na mag bulag-bulagan o mag patay-malisya. Hindi na natin pwede pang i-tolerate ang mga kabalbalan na nakikita natin. Our country does not have this luxury any longer. :frowning: I cannot help but be passionate and emphatic about this matter, dahil halos last chance na talaga natin 'to. (Don’t worry Reon, hindi tumataas ang blood pressure ko - on the contrary, I am extremely calm while typing this.)

In closing, dapat akong mag-apologize uli kay RisingSun, dahil yung innocent question niya ay nagamit kong issue para mag-vent ng plataporma tungkol sa bansa natin. Sori uli, pare!
:bonk:

stanfordmed

07-19-2005, 08:36 PM

Yes, it’s a shame that some or almost all the politicans are corrupt. Philippines has so much potential - it has beautiful and highly educated people, beautiful places, etc.

In Japan, majority of the people are not Christians and yet the crime is low, whereas, in the Philippines the majority are Christians but crime is high. :confused:

http://www.askasia.org/frclasrm/readings/r000011.htm

The Philippines proudly boasts to be the only Christian nation in Asia. More than 86 percent of the population is Roman Catholic, 6 percent belong to various nationalized Christian cults, and another 2 percent belong to well over 100 Protestant denominations. In addition to the Christian majority, there is a vigorous 4 percent Muslim minority…

Read this article: http://www.photius.com/countries/philippines/national_security/philippines_national _security_crime.html

neblus

07-19-2005, 10:10 PM

… and to answer the original question —

YES, pwede pong palitan ng kahit anong status ng visa from a “during mission.”

Personally, may during mission ako na pinalitan ko ng student visa. May kakilala ako na during mission then working visa and/or even a “Journalist” visa na 10 years yata ang duration, unlike working na 1 or 3 years lang.

pointblank

07-19-2005, 11:40 PM

Maybe neblus (or someone else who has a similar experience) can enlighten us on this. Exactly what was your “during mission” visa? What were you doing in Japan before you became a student? Did you leave Japan first before making the change? If you were a diplomat or an officer with the embassy, I am amazed that the Ministry of Justice would break diplomatic protocol and give you a new status without the prior approval of the home government that sponsored your during mission visa. Unless, of course, the “during mission” visa is not limited to “diplomat” or “official” only - I don’t know since I have no experience on this.
As for the journalist who claims to have a 10 year visa - as far as I know, and according to all the data by the Japanese government I have seen, there is no such thing as a 10 year visa. The maximum duration is 3 years - above that is the permanent residency.

v_wrangler

07-20-2005, 10:31 AM

Maybe neblus (or someone else who has a similar experience) can enlighten us on this. Exactly what was your “during mission” visa? What were you doing in Japan before you became a student? Did you leave Japan first before making the change? If you were a diplomat or an officer with the embassy, I am amazed that the Ministry of Justice would break diplomatic protocol and give you a new status without the prior approval of the home government that sponsored your during mission visa. Unless, of course, the “during mission” visa is not limited to “diplomat” or “official” only - I don’t know since I have no experience on this. You’ll be amazed at how unpredictable the immigration is - sometimes miracles do happen. While there are rules that guide foreign entries, the bottomline lies on how this would be interpreted and implemented by the immigration bureau concerned… Ika nga “Case by Case”…

As for the journalist who claims to have a 10 year visa - as far as I know, and according to all the data by the Japanese government I have seen, there is no such thing as a 10 year visa. The maximum duration is 3 years - above that is the permanent residency. Your sources are correct except that it was really possible to renew the three-year viisa a couple of times to arrive at such a longer duration. That could have been nebulus’ friends’ case - and I was just guessing.:slight_smile:

neblus

07-20-2005, 04:42 PM

(1) During mission - working as a “local hire” for the Embassy they gave me a “during mission” visa. For a diplomat or an officer of an embassy, I think, these will fall under the actual “DIPLOMAT” visa. So if you are an actual Embassy officer or diplomat, then you will have “Diplomatic” visa then for local hires, you have “during mission” visa. [so during mission visa holders are not “really” Diplomats and consequently, do not get the Diplomat benefits - free customs charges, immunity etc.

(2) During mission to Student - Nag-apply lang ako and told them na I have resigned and will go to Masters program sa Japanese university, complete with certificate of enrollment etc. Did not need to go back sa Pinas and they just changed my status.

(3) Journalist visa - have not checked recently but they used to give 10-year status for Journalists. But yes, pointblank, you might be correct na wala na ito considering the changes they made sa immigration laws.

(4) During Mission to Working - I have known of a few cases and same with my case, they just went to the immigration and applied for a change of Status.

Of course, the procedure would be different if you have a “Diplomat” visa. I think in this case, pointblank might be correct na you will need authorization from your home country or organization, in the case of UN or World Bank.

summer

07-31-2005, 10:09 PM

sorry summer, hindi ko mapigilang matawa. take no offense, please. :bouncy:
reon, ngayon ko lang din napansin yung sinulat ko [during visa]. may lapse of typing ako hahaha.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.