Flash Drive

lilo

11-19-2005, 09:11 PM

please help!! i need to buy a flash drive kasi my laptop doesn’t have a cd-rom…need to back-up some files. san po ako pwedeng bumili ng cheap flash drive? tenks! tenks! tenks!

MX3

11-21-2005, 02:31 AM

You can buy from any computer/electronics store. Choose the big stores.Generally, they offer the best prices. The prices among these stores are almost similar and any difference in prices is minimal.

Flash drives are very common nowadays and there are several brands to choose from. Aside from the brand, the price of flash drives would generally depend on the size of the Flash drive that you’re getting (bigger capacity= more expensive). If you’ll only use it to backup documents, then you don’t need to get a big capacity drive. A 256 or 512 MB drive, would be more than sufficient. If you intend to use it for pictures, you may opt to get the 1GB or more drive. If you can help it, try to get the flash drives with popular brands. IMHO, they’re more reliable. Hope this helps.

lilo

11-21-2005, 10:15 AM

You can buy from any computer/electronics store. Choose the big stores.Generally, they offer the best prices. The prices among these stores are almost similar and any difference in prices is minimal.

Flash drives are very common nowadays and there are several brands to choose from. Aside from the brand, the price of flash drives would generally depend on the size of the Flash drive that you’re getting (bigger capacity= more expensive). If you’ll only use it to backup documents, then you don’t need to get a big capacity drive. A 256 or 512 MB drive, would be more than sufficient. If you intend to use it for pictures, you may opt to get the 1GB or more drive. If you can help it, try to get the flash drives with popular brands. IMHO, they’re more reliable. Hope this helps.

thanks MX3! went to akihabara yesterday. was supposed to buy the buffalo brand-256mb, until i was told that i wouldn’t be offered any support after purchase. i worried that the thing may not work in my laptop so i decided to postpone buying a flash drive until i’ve sought the expertise of IT pips.

thermometer

11-21-2005, 10:37 AM

there is no problem under buffalo flash drive…ive already tested only need a USB enable on your notebook…

masrapido

11-22-2005, 12:49 AM

thanks MX3! went to akihabara yesterday. was supposed to buy the buffalo brand-256mb, until i was told that i wouldn’t be offered any support after purchase. i worried that the thing may not work in my laptop so i decided to postpone buying a flash drive until i’ve sought the expertise of IT pips.

As long as you have USB you should be okay. Flash drives are basically plug and play devices.

crister

11-22-2005, 08:07 PM

i think walang problema lalo na kung naka XP or Windows 2000 ka na para auto detect na sya once na sinalpak mo sa USB port mo.

kung ayaw mo naman ng Flash Drive , pwede ka rin bumili ng SD Card/ CF / or Memory Stick plus card reader para pwede na rin sya gamitin sa Digital Camera or MP3 player if you have one.

crispee

11-22-2005, 11:00 PM

please help!! i need to buy a flash drive kasi my laptop doesn’t have a cd-rom…need to back-up some files. san po ako pwedeng bumili ng cheap flash drive? tenks! tenks! tenks!

Speaking of backing-up files, I am using external HD. Yung hard drive ng laptop na nakalagay sa portable enclosure powered by USB 2.0 Been using this method for a year now.

OT- Noong kumuha ako ng “air-edge” wireless card, may kasama ng USB Flash Drive (128MB) ang package. Kaya pala walang bundled na CD-ROM dahil nakalagay na sa flash drive ang driver at mga utility softwares na kailangan sa installation.
Pwedeng gamitin sa iba yung flash drive after the installation. Cool huh?

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.