Funny Inquirer

yuri

09-12-2004, 09:25 AM

Hello TFers!

This is so funny I just have to share it with everyone. That’s why I’m a big fan of Inquirer, some of their columnists are really hilarious.

Here is the link: Here and There : Celibacy is for all (http://news.inq7.net/viewpoints/index.php?index=2&story_id=10285&col=68)

Yuri

pixel

09-12-2004, 03:03 PM

yuri,

so what’s so funny about that column?

pixel

kalypso

09-12-2004, 10:06 PM

Interesting article. An eye opener, I must say. It didn’t tickle my funny bone though. Or perhaps…I’m just one of those who don’t have a sense of humor?

kalypso

Paul

09-12-2004, 10:45 PM

it’s funny in the sense that it’s moronic. why the hell would you need to be celibate here on earth to prepare you for the after-life? for one thing, you won’t be able to bring along your physical body in the after-life. and without a body, how will you have the desire to have sex? and that is assuming that the consciousness of the self remains intact after death, which i think still remains to be proven.

and if everyone chooses to be celibate. what will happen to “Go forth and multiply”?

3eleven

09-13-2004, 06:46 AM

hello everyone,

kahit na mas natatawa ako sa mga erap jokes, nage-get ko rin ang gustong sabihin ni yuri.

Celibacy is the ultimate form of our life… The idea came to me while reading the Vatican’s latest document, “Collaboration between men and women in the Church and in society.” ganitong article siguro ang mangyayari kung hindi ka nag-iisip sa sarili mo at nagre-rely ka nang sa mga pronouncements ng kung sino-sinong tao sa isang malayong lugar.

3eleven

goldhorse

09-14-2004, 12:36 AM

I wonder what the writer has to say about “The Da Vinci Code”?

yuri

09-14-2004, 07:08 AM

hello pixel, kalypso, Paul, 3eleven and goldhorse,

now that i’ve stopped laughing…

don’t you think there’s something wrong with the church’s obsessive meddling in matters relating to sex? you can’t use condoms, you can’t have sex before getting married, sex is for procreation…

about 95 percent of sex is not for procreation, and anyone who says i’m wrong is either lying or kidding. sex is neither right nor wrong, it’s just how it is. it’s a natural thing. it is man’s evolutionary adaptation.

one last point: suppose you play a sport, like soccer. you would take advice from someone who haven’t kicked a ball all his life? i doubt it. and yet we filipinos listen to all this nonsense about sex from our priests.

yuri

nick

09-14-2004, 06:38 PM

ah, religion… we could argue about it till kingdom come, and we still won’t agree, will we?

that said, if we are to prosper as a nation, i think we should seriously think about controlling our population like other countries like thailand. hey, we could start preaching celibacy to everyone! i doubt if it would work though. :slight_smile:

nick

3eleven

09-20-2004, 07:18 PM

one last point: suppose you play a sport, like soccer. you would take advice from someone who haven’t kicked a ball all his life? i doubt it. and yet we filipinos listen to all this nonsense about sex from our priests.

who said priests don’t have sex?! look here. (http://www.inq7.net/opi/2003/sep/25/opi_editorial-1.htm) :smiley:

mOtt_erU

09-12-2006, 07:11 PM
This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.
…nice Info 3eleven…
nabasa ko & honestly medyo nagulat ako…haay nakakalungkot namang isipin.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.