Hate letter to Filipinos

manilagirl

12-12-2005, 12:57 AM

Content deleted because it is a hoax. Please refer to andres’ post below.

I JUST COPY THIS FROM A BLOGSITE, I DONT KNOW IF SOMEONE POSTED THIS ALREADY, HOPE I COULD GET REACTIONS FROM YOU PEOPLE!

gabby

12-12-2005, 01:18 AM

I read that letter about two or more years ago. Actually there are some truths about the letter. I think the letter refers to the Filipino snobs and not to all Filipinos.

piNkAhOLiC

12-12-2005, 01:18 AM

We’re now in the year 2005 and I still can’t believe that this “HATE LETTER AGAINST FILIPINOS” is still being circulated around the web. This hoax email has been circulating since 1990s. I have received this letter years ago. So, out of my curiousity, I researched about the article, whether or not Mr. Art Bell really did write about the letter. To my consolation, I came across a few websites that stated the facts that Mr. Art Bell DID NOT WRITE this letter according to the statements issued by his lawyers. Unfortunately, the Philippine Daily Inquirer made a mistake of printing this hoax letter. In 2001, Bell sued Philippine Daily Inquirer after the newspaper published the email as fact. The Inquirer published a retraction and apologized to Bell. :slight_smile:

andres

12-12-2005, 01:20 AM

This is an old e-mail hoax…
http://www.who2.com/artbell.html

gabby

12-12-2005, 01:31 AM

We’re now in the year 2005 and I still can’t believe that this “HATE LETTER AGAINST FILIPINOS” is still being circulated around the web. This hoax email has been circulating since 1990s. I have received this letter years ago. So, out of my curiousity, I researched about the article, whether or not Mr. Art Bell really did write about the letter. To my consolation, I came across a few websites that stated the facts that Mr. Art Bell DID NOT WRITE this letter according to the statements issued by his lawyers. Unfortunately, the Philippine Daily Inquirer made a mistake of printing this hoax letter. In 2001, Bell sued Philippine Daily Inquirer after the newspaper published the email as fact. The Inquirer published a retraction and apologized to Bell. :slight_smile:

Still the letter exist. How many people do you think have read it apart from Filipinos? The letter is convincingly a moulder. Everytime I talk to a Gaijin especially a hakojin/kokujin I would never show a hint that I like anything about Chinese/Korean or Japanese. Just like what I said I am proud of what I am, of my color and as an individual.

manilagirl

12-12-2005, 01:34 AM

**gabby, I agree w/ u, as for me its should be an eye opener coz we cant completely deny everything written on it!

**pinkaholic, I also read from wikipedia about the Inquirer thing, whoever the author is, his/her views about Filipinos are alarming!

Raiden

12-12-2005, 06:25 AM

I can’t believe this letter is still circulating across the web. :mad: It’s a hoax. Art Bell didn’t write that letter. Art Bell already stated that he’s not the one who wrote that letter, besides, his wife is part Filipina.

I read an article at one time about that letter that it originally came from San Diego, CA junior college, and it was probably written by an Asian-American.

Whoever wrote that letter, it is obvious that he is holding a grudge towards a Filipino or Filipinos, and he is painting with a broad brush while he’s at it.

He probably got dumped by a Filipina girlfriend for another Filipino guy, that would explain his knowledge and resentment towards Filipinos.

Anyway, Ethnic Filipinos belong to the Malay race, not to the Mongoloid race. Filipinos are biologically closer to Malaysians, Indonesians, and Thais, and culturally closer to Spanish, just like Mexico. But the Philippines also got its fair share of Chinese influence too. Filipinos are very diverse people, due to the hundreds of years of foreign colonization. We find our common bond through national origin, not skin color or physical features, which is commendable.

So how do I identify myself today?

Nationality: American

Biology: Malay, Mongoloid, Hispanic

Culture: American, Filipino, Chinese

In My Mind, And In My Heart: 100% Filipino

Paul

12-12-2005, 08:04 AM

@manilagirl

It seems that you haven’t read the Timog Forum Rules & Guidelines (http://www.timog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365 ) thoroughly. Please take some time to go over it again.

Here’s an excerpt from the TF Rules & Guidelines.

We will treat with utmost severity people who post chain letters, hoaxes, and trite inspirational messages in Timog Forum.

So before posting something you just got in your email inbox or something you just read on the net, verify its source first before posting it on TF. If it’s a forwarded email, then most probably, other users have read it. And remember, don’t believe everything you read on the 'net.

puting tainga

12-12-2005, 08:09 AM

Hi Paul, almost at the same time, I clicked the triangle mark to inform the moderators about this copying of chain letter.

This thread must be deleted.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.