Human Suffering

richie

11-19-2005, 12:57 PM

di ako umabot sa discussion re: Is the concept of God harmful? Anyway, just want to post some thoughts.

We, human beings, are unique among the creatures of earth in that man is the only one who CAN DELIBERATELY, KNOWINGLY, place himself in harmony or out of harmony with nature (laws of nature). God ordained his universe, both physical and spiritual through Laws. Laws are for things that changes and are not absolute, including man. It is a fact that man is an intelligent being , a FREE MORAL agent . Man is not pre-determined, but has choices and chances. It is this free, moral agency in man to choose his DESTINY. We are not mechanical objects who can not control our destiny.

Most of human sufferings and miseries came from past evil desires consummated. How happy Satan would be if we throw into God’s face the results of our evil deeds!

adechan

11-19-2005, 08:56 PM

good thoughts … and nice to meet you too richie:) .

thoughts about God is my favorite, but I am so happy that the thread was been closed. Bago tuluyang magkaroon nang matinding pagsalansang sa kapurihan nang Panginoon.

Bless You
adechan

richie

11-19-2005, 10:20 PM

nice to meet you too, Adechan:)

Today, I read the whole thread for almost 3 hours and I understand how you felt.

It is the subject that needs a lot of study and research. After everything has been exhausted that leaves no room for doubt. To believe in something you understand well and fully convinced makes much difference.

To sum everything up," Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the Whole Duty of man."

fremsite

11-19-2005, 10:26 PM

nice to meet you too, Adechan:)

Today, I read the whole thread for almost 3 hours and I understand how you felt.

It is the subject that needs a lot of study and research. After everything has been exhausted that leaves no room for doubt. To believe in something you understand well and fully convinced makes much difference.

To sum everything up," Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the Whole Duty of man."

been reading that thread too …:frowning: isa lang comment ko dito …
" who are we to question God ? " :slight_smile:

fisher

11-19-2005, 10:44 PM

di ako umabot sa discussion re: Is the concept of God harmful? Anyway, just want to post some thoughts.

We, human beings, are unique among the creatures of earth in that man is the only one who CAN DELIBERATELY, KNOWINGLY, place himself in harmony or out of harmony with nature (laws of nature). God ordained his universe, both physical and spiritual through Laws. Laws are for things that changes and are not absolute, including man. It is a fact that man is an intelligent being , a FREE MORAL agent . Man is not pre-determined, but has choices and chances. It is this free, moral agency in man to choose his DESTINY. We are not mechanical objects who can not control our destiny.

Most of human sufferings and miseries came from past evil desires consummated. How happy Satan would be if we throw into God’s face the results of our evil deeds!

richie,good evening to you.

What we have today are the fruits of yesterday.God gave us the freedom to choose between evil and good.And He is watching us.:slight_smile:

docomo

11-19-2005, 11:14 PM

richie,good evening to you.

What we have today are the fruits of yesterday.God gave us the freedom to choose between evil and good.And He is watching us.:slight_smile:

yes father :smiley:

Paul

11-20-2005, 01:15 AM

Guys, the thread was already closed. Let’s leave it at that, shall we?

jhunex

11-20-2005, 01:38 AM

Hi! I’m very new in this forum, but anyway I’m interested about God… so I’m just want to share about God. The fundamental question about life n d universe cannot be solved w/out understanding d nature of God, who created all things. But how can we know the characteristics of God,who is an invisible being? The Apostle Paul answered this question by saying,“Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature,namely,his eternal power n deity,has been clearly perceived in d things that have been made.So they are w/out excuse”(Rom.1:20)
Just as we can sense an author’s character through his works,so we can perceive God’s deity by observing His creation.In order 2 know d characteristics of God’s divine nature let us examine d common factors w/c can be found throughout His creation.

richie

11-20-2005, 04:54 PM

yes, Paul, the thread is already closed and we will closed it like that.

We will try to thread this new one with the purpose of sharing, if it gets rough, then we will stop, di ba Nick?

jhunex

11-20-2005, 07:08 PM

Hi, Richie, Good evening, I just want 2 know if u r reffering 2 my post 1…well if that is it, thank you very much for allowing me 2 share my knowledge about God.

richie

11-20-2005, 08:40 PM

Hi Jhunex, no I was not referring to you but to Paul here, the ProCrastinator and not the Apostle Paul you mentioned in your post.

I want to thank you Jhunex for sharing, sana huwag kang magsawa. me too I am new here. I am not familiar yet kung ano pa ang mga pinipindot dito sa computer, kaya pasensiya na. I am in the learning process. Maybe I have to read somewhere at Timog for instructions.

Man was created in the image of God which included emotions like; anger,wrath,etc.( we know well those feelings). We can get back to the old testament for that. Thanks we have our mediator, Jesus, who makes Jehovah more tolerant of our wickedness and not strikes us directly because of the tenacity of our sins. Jesus pleads for us, that is why we close our prayers, “In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”

jhunex

11-20-2005, 10:59 PM

Hello! Richie, I’m sorry I thought ur reffering 2 me. Cause I got an e-mail frm TF that u responded 2 my post n maybe I misunderstand ur post. U see I’m also in d process of learning especially in english,so I’m very sorry:) .OK lang ba?
Actually I’m in total agree w/ u when u say that "Man was created in d image of God.Anyway I’d like 2 continue my sharing in regads 2 my 1st post.
The Dual Characteristics of God
No being, whether it be man, animal, plant, molecule, or even d atom, d basic unit of all matter, can exist except tru d reciprocal relationship of its subject n object parts. 4 example mankind is composed of men n women, animals of male and female, plants contain both stamen n pistil, molecules r formed frm. positive n negative ions, n even d simplest atom is composed of a proton n electron. This clearly suggests that all things exist only tru d reciprocal give n take relationship os subject n object.
Futhermore, every created being has both an external form n an internal character. Though differing in value or importance according 2 their level of existence, d external form n internal character r simply d two relative aspects of each existing being.
As Paul indicated(I mean Apostle Paul), d creation does reveal what God is Like, n it shows us that God, d First Cause of d creation, exist as a harmonized being of Original Character n Original Form, as well as of positivity n negativity. (until here, I hope 2 share again)

City_rabbit

11-20-2005, 11:55 PM

Hey guys,

May I remind you like Paul said, the topic about religion, although it may be many people’s favorite - is a very sensitive topic… just reminding you, please let us refrain from discussing it…just keep your beliefs in your hearts-
I know God knows who love Him.

If you want this thread not be closed… stay cool.

:slight_smile:

richie

11-21-2005, 07:17 AM

we are not touching about religion or any religion per se, we will try to refrain from that. we will sticck to the original topic, human suffering, however, the characteristics of God had come up because we are digesting why the original topic exist.

In this regard, may I ask Nick if he deem necessary to delete this subject and not fit for sharing? if so, I will comply. I will wait for Nick’s answer then.

fremsite

11-21-2005, 09:16 AM

we are not touching about religion or any religion per se, we will try to refrain from that. we will sticck to the original topic, human suffering, however, the characteristics of God had come up because we are digesting why the original topic exist.

In this regard, may I ask Nick if he deem necessary to delete this subject and not fit for sharing? if so, I will comply. I will wait for Nick’s answer then.

Good morning richie san :slight_smile: i think i’m beginning to like this "new " thread .
Just stay cool and i hope Sir Nick won’t close this one .
you’re feeding me w/ knowledge …:smiley:

richie

11-21-2005, 09:44 AM

I have decided to discontinue on this topic with my last say:

Suffering is as old as man. It is a product of
1.) man’s sin, but Satan is the instrument that makes man suffer with the permissive will of God. If Satan caused suffering, then why do children of God suffer?

God permits His children to suffer not for the sake of hurting them but to give them lessons unto OBEDIENCE.

Paul admonished the Christians to glory in tribulation with patience," our affliction is but for a moment, for I reckon that the sufferings on this present time are NOT WORTHY to be compared with the GLORY which shall be revealed to us-ward."

It is unto man’s credit if he suffers because of righteousness. If he suffers because of his concious. willful malicious deeds, it will serve him well if he will perceive later as lessons to his betterness, may God’s grace fall unto him.

There are however stories in the Old Testament that God directly punished the wicked. I am not sure if they suffered because most died instantly. Like in Sodom and Gommorah, in the great flood during Noah’s time, individuals like Nadab and Abihu, Korah, Dathan, Abiram and so on.

2.) Disharmony with the Laws of Nature. I will leave this one to the reader. We studied science in high school.

Thank you to Timog Admin.!!:slight_smile:

Jhunex, thanks!:slight_smile:

richie

11-21-2005, 09:53 AM

:slight_smile: I am glad you do! I posted my last say before I read yours.

I don’t know what’s gonna happen.

to close or not to close, that is the question.

docomo

11-22-2005, 10:54 AM

… Took the words right out of my mouth

Me I browse the threads here , If I don’t like the thread I open another…Just like that…

~ reminder… relax peeps …breathe :slight_smile:

richie

11-22-2005, 04:58 PM

… Took the words right out of my mouth

Me I browse the threads here , If I don’t like the thread I open another…Just like that…

~ reminder… relax peeps …breathe :slight_smile:

now, that’s diplomacy…thanks.

I also do the same.

jhunex

11-22-2005, 10:16 PM

Good Evening Richie!!! I’ve just read this about closing,what does it means …does it mean I can no longer share about God in this forum?

richie

11-23-2005, 08:42 AM

Good Evening Richie!!! I’ve just read this about closing,what does it means …does it mean I can no longer share about God in this forum?

Wala pa namang go signal si Nick na i-lock. Maybe di pa tayo umabot sa point na dapat ng i-lock.

Sana mag-share ka ulit!

jhunex

11-23-2005, 07:52 PM

Hi! Richie, thank you very much for respond…at least I know now,anyway I’ll post my sharing maybe this coming Sat. or Sun…medyo bussy at pagod sa job ko eh. Also I want to make some statement about my sharing. "I hope that everyone who would like to read my post for d coming days will be an open minded person …pls. don’t be a closed minded person and let’s give ourselves a chance to know more about God deeper n if there someone who would like to ask question regarding to my topic I’ll be glad to have it or read it n I’ll be willing 2 give some answer w/ d help of God(Heavenly Father), but pls. limit ur question w/in d topic that I’m going to share.:slight_smile: "

adechan

11-23-2005, 10:07 PM

dealing about human sufferings … usually filipinos come to God as the last sort for their agonies … sometimes we cry out, and cry out asking why me? We are not sure anymore if God is present in our lives … here is the assurance … this poem is a revelation from prayers …
FOR YOU

You know who you are

God sees your heart,
God sees your cries,
God knows how heavy your load,
God knows how weary your soul.

God hears all your prayers,
All the shouts of your hearts
In spite of all you still hold on.

God knows what will happen
And He wants you to keep the patience
And He wants you to keep the hope
And He wants you to keep believing
And He wants you to keep your heart in Him.

Just stay with Him until the end.

feb/1/2005 11:55pm (japantime)

Remember what is it in the Bible:

Deuteronomy 31:6(KJV 1611)
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee;

Hebrew 13:5(KJV 1611)
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

jhunex

11-25-2005, 06:14 AM

Masculine & Feminine
One of d most basic characteristics we see in these six categories is the duality or polarity of masculinity n femininity. “So God created man in his own image, in d image of God he created him; male n female he created them”(Genesis 1:27). Human beings r divided into men n woman; animals into male n female; plants into stamen n pistil; molecules, atoms n particles into positive n negative charges. This means that d cause, God must also be equally musculine n feminine. We call God “Father” but God, in reality, is father n mother
… …Masculine ------ Feminine
Human Beings: ------Men----------- Women
Animals:--------------Male----------- Female
Plants:----------------Stamen-------- Pistil
Molecules:------------Positive---------Negative… …Effect
Atoms:---------------Positive---------Negative
Particles:--------------Positve---------Negative

God:------------------ Father---------- Mother… …Cuase

jhunex

11-25-2005, 06:45 AM

Internal Character & External Form
The other absolute duality is that of internal character n external form. D internal char. of human beings is our minds, n d external form is our physical bodies. Animals have instinct n a body. Plants have an invisible directive nature n a body. Molecules have an invisible force that combines atoms. Atoms r made of particles united by this force. N particles r made of invisible energy. Electricity flows between + n - charges. God’s internal char. is His emotion, intellect n will n HIs external form is energy.
God made d visible universe from His invisible energy.

… …Inter nal Character… …External Form

1. Mankind----------------Mind----------------------------------Body
  2. Animals… …Instinct-------------------------------Body
  3. Plants-------------------Invisible Directive Nature-----------Body…Effec t
  4. Molecules--------------Invisible Force---------------------- Atoms
  5. Atoms------------------Invisible Force-----------------------Paticles
  6. Particles----------------Invisible Force-----------------------Energy
    … … … … … … .Emotion
    God:-----------------Intellect… …Energy… Cause… … … … Will

The idea that invisible energy is d substance of all visible things was mathematically introduced by Einsten in his formula E=mc2. E stands 4 energy, m stand 4 mass or matter n c stands 4 d speed of light. This is scientific proof of a give n take relationship of invisible energy n visible matter and matter can change into energy.
E=mc2 Invisible=Visible

To be continued… …

richie

11-25-2005, 10:48 AM

Internal Character & External Form
The other absolute duality is that of internal character n external form. D internal char. of human beings is our minds, n d external form is our physical bodies. Animals have instinct n a body. Plants have an invisible directive nature n a body. Molecules have an invisible force that combines atoms. Atoms r made of particles united by this force. N particles r made of invisible energy. Electricity flows between + n - charges. God’s internal char. is His emotion, intellect n will n HIs external form is energy.
God made d visible universe from His invisible energy.

… …Inter nal Character… …External Form

1. Mankind----------------Mind----------------------------------Body
  2. Animals… …Instinct-------------------------------Body
  3. Plants-------------------Invisible Directive Nature-----------Body…Effec t
  4. Molecules--------------Invisible Force---------------------- Atoms
  5. Atoms------------------Invisible Force-----------------------Paticles
  6. Particles----------------Invisible Force-----------------------Energy
    … … … … … … .Emotion
    God:-----------------Intellect… …Energy… Cause… … … … Will

The idea that invisible energy is d substance of all visible things was mathematically introduced by Einsten in his formula E=mc2. E stands 4 energy, m stand 4 mass or matter n c stands 4 d speed of light. This is scientific proof of a give n take relationship of invisible energy n visible matter and matter can change into energy.
E=mc2 Invisible=Visible

To be continued… …

wow, good job, jhunex:)

…and what is that number 2 means in this formula?

lemonade

11-25-2005, 11:05 AM

JOHN 15:5

JESUS SAID,’ I AM THE VINE YOU ARE THE BRANCHES, IN ANY ONE STAYS IN ME AND I IN HIM, WILL BEAR MUCH FRUIT.

APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING.’

lemonade

11-25-2005, 11:08 AM

wow, good job, jhunex:)

ANO KA BA NAMAN…ABSENT KA BA SA PHYSICS SUBJECT NUNG HIGHSCHOOL AT HINDI MO ALAM YAN?

OH, WLA KA PA SA HIGHSCHOOL…??? HEK HEK HEK!

lemonade

11-25-2005, 11:11 AM

dealing about human sufferings … usually filipinos come to God as the last sort for their agonies … sometimes we cry out, and cry out asking why me? We are not sure anymore if God is present in our lives … here is the assurance … this poem is a revelation from prayers …FOR YOU

You know who you are

God sees your heart,
God sees your cries,
God knows how heavy your load,
God knows how weary your soul.

God hears all your prayers,
All the shouts of your hearts
In spite of all you still hold on.

God knows what will happen
And He wants you to keep the patience
And He wants you to keep the hope
And He wants you to keep believing
And He wants you to keep your heart in Him.

Just stay with Him until the end.

feb/1/2005 11:55pm (japantime)

Remember what is it in the Bible:

Deuteronomy 31:6(KJV 1611)
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee;

Hebrew 13:5(KJV 1611)
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

YOU KNOW, I REALLY LIKE TO BE YOUR FRIEND ADECHAN…I LIKE YOUR FAITH…

richie

11-25-2005, 12:33 PM

ANO KA BA NAMAN…ABSENT KA BA SA PHYSICS SUBJECT NUNG HIGHSCHOOL AT HINDI MO ALAM YAN?

OH, WLA KA PA SA HIGHSCHOOL…??? HEK HEK HEK!

Don’t mock me down, my dear. Ituro mo na lang ang answer. Walang matutuwa sa yo dito sa tf. Anyway di naman paligsahan ito kundi sharing. I am just being honest. Ikaw rin, God resist the proud that is the number one out of nine God resist in Proverbs Chapter 6.

somehow tama ka rin, medyo di ko kasi dig ang physics noong high school ako at kahit palagi kong nakikita yan formula ni Einsten sa TV courtesy of a commercial message, passing off lang, though I know sa formula na iyan nagmula ang paggawa ng atomic bomb.

Paul

11-25-2005, 01:47 PM

This thread has been tolerated despite its religious theme, which is not encouraged here in TF, because it has so far been only a sharing of religious anecdotes and knowledge. For me, the most important teachings of any religion are love, peace and harmony. If that is not observed in this thread and this develops into a full-blown debate or a clash of opinions, this thread will be closed.

adechan

11-25-2005, 02:34 PM

YOU KNOW, I REALLY LIKE TO BE YOUR FRIEND ADECHAN…I LIKE YOUR FAITH…

how toughtfull
your making someone’s day so happy and feel much more blessed:halo:

MARAMING SALAMAT
adechan

jhunex

11-26-2005, 01:09 AM

:sssh: :sssh: wow, good job, jhunex:)

2 means square,(times by d speed of light itself) E=mc square. Pasensya na hindi ko alam kung papaano ilalagay yun 2 sa itaas ng ‘letter c’(any advice pls.?). Pati nga yong diagram medyo wala sa ayos eh. I’m very sorry 4 that,O.K. lang ba?:slight_smile:

nick

11-26-2005, 01:41 AM

Closed as requested by richie.

Like Paul wrote above, religious debates are NOT encouraged in Timog Forum.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.