I hope everybody in okay after the earthquake

Raiden

11-15-2005, 07:40 AM

Strong Earthquake Shakes Northern Japan. Tsunami Warnings Issued. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051114/ap_on_re_as/japan_quake

I hope you guys are okay. Ingat kayo diyan.

Dax

11-15-2005, 10:32 AM

I’d like to share the info below from the “Keishichou” (Metropolitan Police Department) about preparing for earthquakes and what to do when a big one strikes:

[To Protect Your Family from Injury]

Look to your own safety.
● In order to avoid being injured, please note the following.
◆ Place the least amount of furniture in the bedroom.
◆ Sleep on the second floor if you live in a twostoried house.
◆ Secure furniture to the wall or ceiling with metal fixtures.
◆ Don’t place items on top of the dressers.
During the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake,unsecured furniture inside homes fell over,causing numerous injuries to people.

[Discuss Evacuation Plans with Your Family in Advance]

● Make sure that all members of your family know exactly where to evacuate and how to get contact with each other.
● It is important for families with small children and/or old people to ensure they understand the methods of evacuation thoroughly. especially
● Make a walking pre-survey of the routes up to the designated Temporary Gathering and Evacuation Sites in your neighborhood.

In the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake, many people rushed to dial their telephones at the same time causing mass confusion and disruption with the telephone network or its system.

More at:

http://www.keishicho.metro. tokyo.jp/foreign/quake/preface.htm

p.s.
Paul and the others sa may Touhoku, ok lang po kayo?

v_wrangler

11-15-2005, 10:42 AM

It was not really that damaging in our area but strong enough it shook me off the futon…

Dax

11-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Hindi ko naramdaman dito pero sabi ng isang officemate nakarinig daw siya ng 地鳴り (jinari - earth rumbling). Nakakatakot daw.

depp

11-15-2005, 10:50 AM

It was not really that damaging in our area but strong enough it shook me off the futon…
salamat na lang at di naman gaano ang pinsala jan,naramdaman ko rin dito sa tokyo ang lindol kanina pero mahina lang.ingat na lang lagi,mga kababayan ko.:slight_smile:

docomo

11-15-2005, 01:54 PM

… kala ko dreaming lang ako… lindol na pala :smiley: … for the first time naunahan ko alarm clock ko :stuck_out_tongue:

nearane

11-16-2005, 07:17 AM

Salamat Raiden, okey naman kami dito dahil hindi naman malakas `yong lindol.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.