Interesting News From Across The Pacific

Raiden

10-16-2005, 04:08 PM

I just wanted to share this to you guys.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051016/ap_on_re_us/nazi_march

There are still Nazis left around after all.

As for the rioters, they just did what the Nazis were hoping for them to do.:mad:

Checkout the discussion board, some interesting opinions some people have.

I’m curious, were there any incident similar to this happened in Japan before?

Paul

10-17-2005, 03:03 PM

Hi Raiden,

The only riots I’ve seen here is when the Hanshin Tigers won the penant race or the championship in Japanese Pro-Baseball. And it’s not even a riot like the one in your link, it’s basically just a big celebration that went out of control. This year, the police built a temporary wall along the sides of a bridge where Hanshin fans dive to the river below to celebrate their victory. As a result, the revelers overflowed into the main street, blocking the traffic and ended in one taxi being the focus of some revelers’ frustrations, kicking it, jumping on its roof, and breaking the windows. The taxi was able to drive away after 40 mins.

The protest demos here are very peaceful and orderly, you’d think they’re just having a parade. They even follow traffic signs and stay in line with the police directing traffic. They don’t litter or cause any trouble. The closest you can get to Nazis here is probably the extreme right-wing parties. They have these black buses with the Japanese flag with blaring speakers praising the emperor and playing marches and criticizing the government. I haven’t seen them recently, though.

Raiden

10-17-2005, 05:41 PM

Hello Sir Paul,

Mukhang mas konti ang social issues diyan sa Japan, kompara dito sa Amerika. Isa siguro sa mga rason ay yung pagpapahalaga ng mga Hapon sa edukasyon at disiplina. I believe that educated and disciplined people are less prone to commit violence, crime and bigotry than ignorant and undisciplined people. The rioters and the nazis seem to be the latter.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.