J-pop appreciation

sobra namang lungkot ng kantang ito moekichan

pano ba itranslate yang たとえばぼくが死んだら? “Kunyari namatay ako”?

yang footage na ginamit jan sa music video ay galing sa 1980 movie 風たちの午後 Afternoon Breezes. kung may hilig kayo sa bw movie ito may subtitles

First time ko narinig yang 風たちの午後 thanks for sharing! :blush:
Panoorin ko yan pag my time.

First time ko lang din marinig itong si Yazaki Hitoshi. Hindi na ako ulit makakarinig ng tumutulong gripo nang hindi maaalala ang palabas na ito.

Let&s hijack this thread and appreciate music filmed in Japan

Ayos a!

Eto ang aking kontribusyon:

tw: the feels

medyo namasa ang mata ko dyan, andres :smiley:
first time kong marinig ang bandang ito, kala ko japanese band, kailangan ko pang i-research para malaman na hindi rin ito thai.

magaling. paano mo nadidiskubre ang mga ganitong music? :blush: hindi ko matukoy ang genre

ako, kapag music videos filmed in japan unang pumapasok sa isip ko ay…

@reon hindi ko na maalala kung saan ko unang natagpuan ang Khruangbin :sweat_smile: pero napanood ko sila last year sa Toyosu… ikaw kasi, hindi ka sumasama e :wink:

pero gusto ko sa kanila napaka-unique ng style nila at napakahusay ng live performances, kahit halos instrumental lang lahat… eto halimbawa

(sorry ha… napapalayo na sa J-POP :sweat_smile:)

sugeee na… hindi ko alam kung bakit pinanood ko itong halos isang oras na music video :smiley:

tama tama, ngayon mismo binabasa ko ang tungkol sa video ng So We Won’t Forget. interesting story…

Khruangbin is a band from Houston, Texas, USA, known for their borderless world sound. This year they released their fourth album, “Mordachai,” and last year they performed at the Fuji Rock Festival, becoming increasingly popular in Japan.

“Like most people right now, I started making ‘So We Won’t Forget’ when the coronavirus was all I could think about. I was watching so much being lost all over the world, and at times even funeral ceremonies were difficult to carry out. The world is full of kindness and humor, but there are also many clashes with authority and divisions in society. The story of this music video has nothing to do with Covid-19, of course, but I hope that the video will reflect the emotions expressed in this song and the times we live in. For example, the feeling of isolation and loneliness. The desire for more compassion in the world. The desire for escape and a sense of freedom. I hope that it reflects these things.”

*All filming took place before the Japanese government declared a state of emergency.

• Tell us about the idea for the music video.

“So We Won’t Forget,” like many of Khruangbin’s songs, is filled with complex emotions that overlap in many layers. The lyrics convey a sad feeling of wanting to cling to something, but the beat and guitar counteract that with a light feeling, as if riding a bicycle. However, contrary to the uplifting feeling, it is hard to call it a happy song. There is a lot more to the song. It’s a complicated song, like an emotional journey that is hard to explain, but I wanted to create a simple story in the MV. It’s a straightforward story with contradictory feelings, emotional ups and downs, joy, anger, sorrow, and happiness, and a bit of a suffocating feeling. But I hope that you will ultimately have an uplifting impression, just like the song.

• Why did you film in Japan? And is there any connection between filming in this location and the MV?

Because I just moved to Japan and I’m very inspired by this place. Who doesn’t think so? I chose Karasuyama, Tochigi Prefecture, a regional city where I’ve never filmed before, to create and film the treatment (video production materials). I was also influenced by the electric bicycle (mamachari) that my children love and that I use to commute to work, so I included it in the MV. Also, I once saw a Japanese policeman calming down a drunk and abusive rugby fan in the middle of an intersection at Roppongi Hills with what looked like a giant futon. I liked how the Japanese policeman defused the situation by covering him with a blanket. When the blanket was lifted, it looked like the policeman was hugging the man and seemed to genuinely sympathize with him, even though the man had been spitting and screaming earlier. That memory made a big impression on me. I thought it was refreshing to see the caring side of someone in power. That experience in Japan was the inspiration for the music video.

1 Like

MERON BA DITONG MAHILIG SA ALTERNATIVE IDOLS?

(to be played at maximum volume)

1 Like

“ALTERNATIVE IDOLS” may bagong natututunan araw-araw :smile:

Fujii Kaze is an incredibly gifted singer, songwriter, and musician.
But mostly, he just seems like a phenomenally cool human being :heart_eyes:

alam ko napakinggan ko na itong si fujii kaze hindi ko lang maalala kung anong kanta :smile:

hindi ako nakakapakinig lately, binabasa ko itong things fall apart (hindi ko napapagsabay ang pagbabasa at pakikinig ng music, haha). nabasa mo na ba ito?

mahirap ngang ipagsabay, at ngayon music phase ako hahaha.
At oo nabasa ko na yan, pero honestly hindi masyadong nag stick sa akin ang kwento hehe