Kapihan sa Timog

ito naman “black” pero blue. ok naman lasa

interesting take sa isang familiar na kwento at tema sa art

equally happy and sad news…

last time na uminom ako nito nahilo ako sa lakas ng caffeine, pero ngayon ok na

Kailangang imbentohin ang konsepto ng kaluluwa para gumana ang importanteng doktrina ng mga relihiyon ng langit para sa mga malilinis ang puri at walang hanggang pagdudusa naman para sa mga makasalanan.

Blogs outside the walled gardens of social media are increasingly rare nowadays, and blogs written by Filipinos in Japan rarer still.

So it’s nice to stumble upon :cherry_blossom: Sakura Saku (桜咲く), a well-written site with tips and information about studying Nihongo with a view to passing the JLPT.

katatapos ko lang magkape at naghihintay sa laundry shop. para sa mahabang hintayan bago matuyo ang damit, tamang-tama ang pagbabasa ng essay, kagaya ng sa ibaba.

(sa laundry shop ko rin natutunan ang salitang 躊躇.)

it’s sakura season :cherry_blossom:

as expected sama na lasa nitong boss caffeine (caramel cafe)

i’d like to know too

hindi ko alam kung ano ito pero subukan natin

ito pa ang isang kape na hindi maganda ang lasa. mas okey nang malayo ang Barista’s Black ng Tully’s.

this essay made me recall the time when I was little, attentively listening to the elders tell their stories of long ago

napadaan ako sa famima at bumili ako nitong 140-yen na “moka cafe” pero hindi ko maintindihang ang pagkakaiba sa ordinaryong kape. mas ok pa rin ang 140-yen na colombia blend ng 7-11

stimulant sa araw, depressant sa gabi.

pumunta ako minsan sa yamaya sa harap ng joyful honda, doon sa tindahan na dating computer shop noong 90’s kung saan ko nakita ang pinagnanasahan kong power macintosh, at bumili ako nitong naka-sale na armagnac dahil mukha siyang whiskey pero brandy pala.

Winter sky in Atsugi by ronjie.com

by chance i stumbled on an old blog by someone who used to live in Atsugi, which I thought was in Yamanashi but which is actually in nearby Kanagawa. I’ve been to this place before but my memory is hazy.

the author sounds strangely familiar, and reading further I discovered we actually know people in common. strange places where you bump into people.

it’s a little sad though that the last blog entry was ten years ago.

maulan :cloud_with_rain: ngayong araw (at ngayong linggo) kaya tambak ang labada kaya nasa laundry shop na naman ako nagpapatuyo ng damit, at maraming oras magbasa :open_book:

palubog na ang araw sa tsukuba

laundry shop reading 2…

How to make Filipino Sinigang Soup with Japanese ingredients

Sinigang with miso by Jinta of Yochiyochi Express

If I hadn’t joined an online English conversation class, I wouldn’t have known about Sinigang, a dish that is characterized by its sour soup! Its saliva-inducing sourness is addictive.

The soup, which can be paired with any kind of meat or vegetable, is a delicious and satisfying home-style dish. It’s like miso soup in Japan, right? Just throw in whatever ingredients you have left over in the fridge and simmer, and you’ve got yourself a dish! That’s the characteristic of this dish.

The recipe is just like Japanese home curry and rice. All you have to do is simmer the prepared ingredients and add the sinigang ingredients. It’s that easy!

Independent blogs are still around, you just have to stumble upon them occasionally. And I just did, like this よちよちエクスプレス by Jinta-san.

One of the entries is this Sinigang how-to that uses Japanese ingredients. The miso at the end is a nice little addition that I should try. :shallow_pan_of_food: :stew: