Kapihan sa Timog

stimulant sa araw, depressant sa gabi.

pumunta ako minsan sa yamaya sa harap ng joyful honda, doon sa tindahan na dating computer shop noong 90’s kung saan ko nakita ang pinagnanasahan kong power macintosh, at bumili ako nitong naka-sale na armagnac dahil mukha siyang whiskey pero brandy pala.

Winter sky in Atsugi by ronjie.com

by chance i stumbled on an old blog by someone who used to live in Atsugi, which I thought was in Yamanashi but which is actually in nearby Kanagawa. I’ve been to this place before but my memory is hazy.

the author sounds strangely familiar, and reading further I discovered we actually know people in common. strange places where you bump into people.

it’s a little sad though that the last blog entry was ten years ago.

maulan :cloud_with_rain: ngayong araw (at ngayong linggo) kaya tambak ang labada kaya nasa laundry shop na naman ako nagpapatuyo ng damit, at maraming oras magbasa :open_book:

palubog na ang araw sa tsukuba

laundry shop reading 2…

How to make Filipino Sinigang Soup with Japanese ingredients

Sinigang with miso by Jinta of Yochiyochi Express

If I hadn’t joined an online English conversation class, I wouldn’t have known about Sinigang, a dish that is characterized by its sour soup! Its saliva-inducing sourness is addictive.

The soup, which can be paired with any kind of meat or vegetable, is a delicious and satisfying home-style dish. It’s like miso soup in Japan, right? Just throw in whatever ingredients you have left over in the fridge and simmer, and you’ve got yourself a dish! That’s the characteristic of this dish.

The recipe is just like Japanese home curry and rice. All you have to do is simmer the prepared ingredients and add the sinigang ingredients. It’s that easy!

Independent blogs are still around, you just have to stumble upon them occasionally. And I just did, like this よちよちエクスプレス by Jinta-san.

One of the entries is this Sinigang how-to that uses Japanese ingredients. The miso at the end is a nice little addition that I should try. :shallow_pan_of_food: :stew:

雨の土曜日の朝、コーヒーを淹れている☕️

久しぶりにセブンイレブンの珈琲。。。

hindi ko pa tapos basahin pero mukhang interesting :coffee:

april at may siguro ang pinakamagandang panahon sa ibaraki. kape sa labas, maaraw, malamig ang hangin :+1: :100:

may filming crew sa labas, nilapitan nila ang bawat table sabi nila, okay lang ba kaming mag-film dito? mukhang ok lang naman sa mga tao although sensitive ang mga hapon tungkol dito kumpara sa mga pinoy

mas okay pa kesa sa nagkakape sa labas ay nagkakape sa labas at nagbabasa ng essay

kape sa umaga

mahabang basa pero hindi matapos sa 15-minute coffee break

Masturbation for World Peace

coffee for world peace

nagkakape at kumakain ng pandesal (salt bread), 塩パン sabi dito sa bakery, may konting patak ng asin sa itaas ng tinapay

久しぶりにセブン・イレブンの珈琲

The ‘silent treatment.’ Everybody has done it one time or another. Here’s an interesting essay about this ‘power move.’

napunta na naman ako sa 7-11 pero wala na yung colombia blend nila, at tinatapos kong basahin itong maliit na libro