Konbanwa from California

Raiden

08-30-2005, 04:58 PM

Kumusta kababayan. Raiden here. I am a newbie, so please be gentle. I really like this Timog Forum website, it makes me proud to be Pinoy.

I hope I’m welcome here, kahit na hindi ako taga-Japan.

Some info about myself:

I’m a 27 year old Filipino-American male.
I am currently living in California, been here for 8 years.
I work as a Technician for a Semiconductor company.
I’ve always been fascinated by Japanese culture and people.

I’m looking forward to chat with you, kababayans in Japan.

stanfordmed

08-30-2005, 05:24 PM

Hey Raiden,
Saan ka sa Cali. Galing ako d’yan sa Silicon Valley, previously lived in SoCal. (OC) for twenty something years. I’m new here in Japan (<3 mos.).
A warm welcome to you from Portside chuo (Yokohama):japanese:

Raiden

08-30-2005, 05:41 PM

Hi Stanfordmed. Nandito ako sa San Jose, CA. I’ve been here for 8 years.

Hindi pa ako nakakauwi sa Pilipinas ever since.

Did you graduate from Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA?

Thank you for welcoming me.

stanfordmed

08-30-2005, 06:11 PM

Hi Stanfordmed. Nandito ako sa San Jose, CA. I’ve been here for 8 years.

Hindi pa ako nakakauwi sa Pilipinas ever since.

Did you graduate from Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA?

Magkapitbahay lang pala tayo (Mountain View).
Worked at SUMC. Lets just say I’m on sabbatical leave. :smiley: I don’t know where I will be residing next after Japan. Most likely back to my home sweet home.

Twelve years naman sa akin bago bumisita sa Pinas.

goldhorse

08-30-2005, 06:47 PM

Kumusta kababayan. Raiden here. I am a newbie, so please be gentle. I really like this Timog Forum website, it makes me proud to be Pinoy.

Sure, why not? As long as you are interested in Japan. I think this forum is interesting in that it discusses Japan from a Filipino way of thinking, by Filipinos who are currently living in, or have lived in Japan. I don’t know if this is the first of its kind, but it definitely is one of the most informative. It provides a good preview of life in Japan for Filipinos who want to go to Japan or who simply are interested in how Filipinos live in Japan, as in your case. So feel free to ask questions and give your input. Who knows, one day you might be interested in working in Japan, even if it’s just on a temporary basis.

hotcake

08-30-2005, 06:53 PM

Some info about myself:

I’m a 27 year old Filipino-American male.
I am currently living in California, been here for 8 years.
I work as a Technician for a Semiconductor company.
I’ve always been fascinated by Japanese culture and people.

I’m looking forward to chat with you, kababayans in Japan.Hello Raiden, welcome to TF :band: . Don’t worry magiging gentle kami sa iyo, lahat naman kasi ng member dito ay mabait.:slight_smile:

Syempre naman welcome ka kahit di ka nandito sa Japan, so enjoy your stay.

yosakoi-soran

08-30-2005, 10:33 PM

welcome Raiden to TF, enjoy your stay here while you are in US…:yippee: just stick around and you will find the diffence between the Filipinos in USA and the Filipinos in Japan… when you found out tell us your point of views:)

Raiden

09-01-2005, 06:09 PM

Thanks everybody for your warm welcome. :slight_smile:

I am very impressed with Timog Forum. Very informative, enlightening, and entertaining at the same time. I salute the “Founding Fathers” and members of this website. :smiley:

reon

09-01-2005, 08:04 PM

hello raiden. welcome sa ating mumunting website. don’t forget to read the timog forum rules and guidelines (http://www.timog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365 ) kung hindi mo pa nababasa. maukhang marami ka nang kakilala dito.

:slight_smile:

Maruchan

09-02-2005, 01:54 AM

Welcome to TF, Raiden!

:band:

Remove your shoes, slide into some house slippers and relax…make yourself at home.

Maruchan;)here

nick

09-09-2005, 11:03 PM

How did I miss this post?! A bit late Raiden, but Welcome to Timog Forum! Don’t forget to read the Timog Forum Rules and Guidelines and Images in Timog Forum. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.