Long-term to permanent residency for sansei

dcb0620

10-23-2005, 08:44 AM

ohayo gozaimasu! I am new here in japan almost 8months pa lan I just arrived here in japan last feb 1 2005 my visa status is long-term resident(for 3yrs) , i just want to ask if i finished my 3yrs visa, of course i will renew this for another 3yrs…can i apply for permanent residency or am i qualified for this?..if ever i am qualified what is the requirements needed? lastly i acquired my residency here because my grandmother is japanese and my father is half japanese in other words i am a sansei ( 3rd generation).Do i need to show our kosekitohon or not?thank you very much I hope there is someone who can read my inquiries and had knowledge about it. Have a nice day!

japino77

10-23-2005, 08:56 AM

hi dcb0620, welcome to TF! dont forget to read the rules and regulation.

yes you can be qualified. thats if and if… to be qualified is you need to have stayed here for atleast 5 yrs, pay your taxes right, etc… happy posting:D

ganda_girl89

10-23-2005, 09:59 AM

ohayo gozaimasu! I am new here in japan almost 8months pa lan I just arrived here in japan last feb 1 2005 my visa status is long-term resident(for 3yrs) , i just want to ask if i finished my 3yrs visa, of course i will renew this for another 3yrs…can i apply for permanent residency or am i qualified for this?..if ever i am qualified what is the requirements needed? lastly i acquired my residency here because my grandmother is japanese and my father is half japanese in other words i am a sansei ( 3rd generation).Do i need to show our kosekitohon or not?thank you very much I hope there is someone who can read my inquiries and had knowledge about it. Have a nice day!

literally posible but have little doubt if the immigration officials will accept your application bec 3 years is too short for you to apply for a permanent residency in jpn.i suggest you renew it one time and apply during your 6th year in jpn.
in my case,i applied 4 yrs and 2 month after arriving in jpn.my PR application was through employment.im not married to a japanese national.

basic requirements.

1. show financial stability in jpn(wrk cert,copy of bank cert,show proof of properties,etc)
    2.show they can trust you(show u paid your taxes for the last 3 yrs,explain you dont have criminal records and offenses,etc
    3.explanation or reason letter why u want to have a PR.(in my opinion,this is the most important part of the application.it may make or break the result).
    4.other dox(application form,pix,map of your house,list and info of family members,etc)
    5.sponsor(japs or foreigner holding an eijuusya.

gabby

10-23-2005, 10:07 AM

I’ve just got my permanent visa a month ago but only after my fifth year of continuous living in Japan. My wife is a Japanese and I have a child and on top of that I was a full time manager of an International restaurant in Omotesando. It was really very easy although my last three years visa will expire yet in March next year. I am saying this because it is probably a case to case basis. My Filipino staff in the restaurant did not able to get a permanent visa. We came to Japan in the same year and we work in the same restaurant the same year as well, but it’s only me who were able to get the permanent visa this year. My hunch is aside from having a Japanese wives and children you need to have a stable job like I had.

Hope this will give you some ideas.

reon

10-23-2005, 11:37 AM

Hello dcbo620. Welcome to Timog Forum.

In addition to the recommendations of japino, ganda girl and gabby, I would add that you need to show you are “stable” enough to have a high chance of getting a permanent residency visa. Ibig sabahin, hindi ka palipat-lipat ng trabaho o tirahan (kagaya ng ibang Nikkeijin na kilala ko).

Good luck to your new life in Japan!

Harry1806

10-24-2005, 01:15 AM

Hi dcbo620. Welcome to TF!

japino’s was exactly right! a lot of my friends and co-workers have already a PR visa after 5 yrs of working here in Japan despite transferring of residences/addresses and employment/broker - it doesn’t matter. But 'wag naman siguro too often as this will all be reflected in your allien card at baka magkaproblema ka rin sa iyong tax certificate payment.

If your father’s name is in the kosekitohon of your grandma then start processing his own koseki so that you can be a second gen descendant and later apply for your own koseki if you are already married. Then you, too, can apply for a Japanese visa not just a PR visa.

You may ask the assistance of PNJK Davao office to process this for you as they are also currently working on my pa’s docs. We have similar status but mine might take time since my pa’s name was not reflected on the koseki of my grandpa. Kunting t’yaga lang and I’m sure we, too, can have the opportunity of working here hanggang kaya at gusto pa natin. Pero home sweet home pa rin, di ba?

dcb0620

10-24-2005, 07:48 PM

maraming salamat sa lahat ng nagreply sa question you gave me an idea but il try to vist the immigration here in osaka para sa iba pang details maraming salamat ulit…your right harry home sweet home pa rin …in addition for that there is no place like our home philippines

c2ny2

12-11-2007, 11:26 PM

Ang dami kung natutunan dito sa thread na ito. Kaya since October of 2005 sinundan ko na ito. Last Nov 05, 2007 pinasa ko na rin yung application ko sa PR Visa. After 12 years nag baka sakali na rin ako. Tinangap naman at sabi lang sa akin ay antayin ko na lang after six months.

Sana ma approve.:tiphat: Salamat sa mga infos dito sa TF.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.