New Member-smooth_0118

smooth_0118

07-28-2005, 11:18 AM

Hello to Everyone!

I happened to find this site while I was surfing the net for information about Filipinos in Japan. I am a physician and university professor in Cagayan de Oro City and thinking of applying for a fellowship in Japan next year. I would like to know from you, my ‘kababayans’ in Japan what help, service, or need you may have. The fellowship will require that I perform some service, study, or academic work while I am there and I would like to do something which will be of help to fellow Filipinos. I would greatly appreciate any suggestion. Thank you very much and I hope to read posts from all you soon.

nick

07-28-2005, 08:03 PM

Hello smooth 0188, welcome to Timog Forum! I’ll let other members answer your question as I’m out of my depth when it comes to academic fellowships. Enjoy browsing around the forums. :slight_smile:

smooth_0118

07-29-2005, 08:07 AM

:slight_smile: Thank you for the quick reply nick. I really hope other kababayans will reply soon. I hope to have suggestions from anyone out there.

RISINGSUN

07-29-2005, 03:17 PM

Heloo smooth 0118. Welcome po sa TF. Sa palagay ko po ang unang dapat matutunan ay ang Nihongo. Unless na marunong na po kayo Dok.

smooth_0118

08-01-2005, 08:09 AM

:slight_smile: Hello RisingSun! Salamat sa sagot mo. Hindi requirement ang Nipponggo sa fellowship eh, English lamang ang requirement, specifically, ‘the ability to speak, and write in English to the degree of performing academic work’. I think this is because the fellowship is university-based (University of Kyoto) and I will presumably be communicating with fellow academics who speak English. Pero syempre, alam ko ko naman I will have to learn some amount of Nipponggo in order to get around the country.

Paul

08-02-2005, 01:39 AM

Dok, meron tayong mga members dito na taga-Kyoto (meron ding estudyante ng Kyodai). Kaya kung may tanong kayo tungkol sa Kyoto sigurado kong kaya nilang sagutin. Ano po ba yung limitations ng ‘service’ na kelangan niyong gawin dito?

Tsaka Dok (ok lang bang tawagin namin kayong Dok?), Nihongo na po at medyo luma na yung Nippongo.

smooth_0118

08-02-2005, 08:12 AM

:slight_smile: Thank you for your comments Paul. Yup! Ok lang na tawagin nyo ko ng Doc, yan naman ang tawag ng lahat sa akin eh. Eto yung sinasabi tungkol sa fellowship requirements ha, direct quote ito from the application form:

“undertake proposed research and/or professional activities for a period of between one to twelve months; and
Have the ability, influence, and means to disseminate the results of their research/ and or professional activities.”

"The themes for research and professional activities for the year 2006-2007 are:

1. Changing cultural identities and their social, historical, and cultural contexts
  2. Reflection on the human condition and the search for social justice
  3. The current structure of globalization and possible alternatives"

Pwede akong gumawa ng research or study, hold a series of lectures, magsulat ng libro, etc. and I would like whatever I do to be of benefit to Filipinos also, espaecially those who are in Japan.

Maraming salamat sa mga matiyagang sumasagot sa akin. Pagpatuloy nyo ha? And I hope to hear from others too!

kalypso

08-03-2005, 10:34 AM

hi smooth_0118, warm welcome to timog forum:). am truly glad you’ve found your way here. i am originally from iligan city so, silingan ra ta.

smooth_0118

08-04-2005, 07:58 AM

:slight_smile: Hello kalypso! Yup, silingan ra gyud ta. Dugay ka na dinha sa Japan?

kalypso

08-05-2005, 08:17 PM

:slight_smile: Hello kalypso! Yup, silingan ra gyud ta. Dugay ka na dinha sa Japan?
hi smooth_0118, dili pa baya kaayo dugay. just a little over eight years now:). asa man ka nga university nagtudlo? sige baya ko anha sa cdo sa una.

smooth_0118

08-06-2005, 07:39 AM

:slight_smile: Usa ra man ang medical school dinhi sa Cagayan de Oro. Asst professor ko ug consultant sa Xavier University College of Medicine. Nia man gud ning offer for a fellowship for 10 months sa Kyoto University, ug naghuna huna ko pag apply busa ko nag post dinhi. If I make it there, mag ila ila ra pohon ta.

juy

08-06-2005, 12:42 PM

maayong udto!!! kumusta naman ka dok? mangutana ko sa akong mga amigo dri bout anang fellowship… maayo unta ug naa koy makuha nga information. cge welcome po! taga bukidnon diay ko dok.

smooth_0118

08-08-2005, 08:18 AM

:slight_smile: Hello Juy! I’m very glad to find people from our part of the world in this forum! Let’s get back to speaking a language that everyone understands ha? Baka tayo ma-evict from the forum, hehehehehe!

kalypso

08-15-2005, 10:42 PM

:slight_smile: Usa ra man ang medical school dinhi sa Cagayan de Oro. Asst professor ko ug consultant sa Xavier University College of Medicine. Nia man gud ning offer for a fellowship for 10 months sa Kyoto University, ug naghuna huna ko pag apply busa ko nag post dinhi. If I make it there, mag ila ila ra pohon ta. wow! sa xavier university diay ka, doc. some of my former classmates in msu-iit are working there now. btw, i have someone in mind who could possibly help you with your queries. she is a researcher and a practising doctor here in japan. you may e-mail her at this address: docjovelle@yahoo.com . good luck.:slight_smile:

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.