Ohayo gozaimasu

stanfordmed

10-08-2005, 10:25 AM

Today’s sunrise :wavey:
http://www.timog.com/gallery/files/1/8/0/Oct.7.jpg

And last night in Tokyo…
http://www.timog.com/gallery/files/1/8/0/RainbowBridge.jpg

Taken from Atago Green Hills Mori Tower, The Bar (ATAGO GREEN HILLS/Restaurant & Shop Guide [ The BAR ]/eHills Club); sipping the most expensive martini I’ll ever have, which by the way, is not worth it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I also met a nice employee there at the bar, Jenny, originally from Cebu (Chinese Filipina).

http://www.timog.com/gallery/files/1/8/0/TheBaratMoriTower.jp g

ning2

10-08-2005, 11:20 AM

hello stanfordmed!

galing naman ng view mo:D pati yung bar ang ganda ah! namiss ko tuloy! kailan kaya ulit ako makakapunta ng mga bar at makainom ng mga cocktails?:frowning: mukhang malabo na ah hindi mahilig ang asawa ko sa bar eh! izakaya pwede pa:D

Reina 6717

10-08-2005, 12:21 PM

What a good pics:king: pro ka ba? just wondering:D

betong

10-08-2005, 12:22 PM

Taken from Atago Green Hills Mori Tower, The Bar (ATAGO GREEN HILLS/Restaurant & Shop Guide [ The BAR ]/eHills Club); sipping the most expensive martini I’ll ever have, which by the way, is not worth it! :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.timog.com/gallery/files/1/8/0/TheBaratMoriTower.jp g

2000 yen is not that ludicrous for a cocktail. Can still find that elsewhere.
But I guess nowhere in the world can you see a 100$ melon or a 50$ mango but in Japan.:japanese:
What’s up with that? I read that it’s all about amakudari getting rich over these exorbitant prices, but c’mon, 100$ for a melon!!!
My feline lady friend told me that when she tried that melon, it was so sweet and that it melts on your tongue. The only thing I’d feel melting is my wallet! :tongue:

Paul

10-08-2005, 12:31 PM

But I guess nowhere in the world can you see a 100$ melon or a 50$ mango but in Japan.:japanese:
What’s up with that? I read that it’s all about amakudari getting rich over these exorbitant prices, but c’mon, 100$ for a melon!!!

$100 melon? so you haven’t seen the $250 melon and the $150 watermelon?

@stanfordmed
it wasn’t the martini you were paying for… it was for the picture you took… :slight_smile:

betong

10-08-2005, 12:34 PM

No. But God almighty, please show me one! I would like to take a picture of it and hang it next to my picture of Mahatma Gandhi and the Pope as the holiest creatures in the world…

City_rabbit

10-08-2005, 12:35 PM

Betong- yes, 100$ melon - you know who buys them?
Kim Jong Il, North Korea’s leader - the Mang gyon Bon Ship - that comes to Japan regularly- is filled with his food stuff, that includes the melon, Hon maguro toro, and Kobe beef - while all his people suffer from hunger…

:eek:

betong

10-08-2005, 12:39 PM

Betong- yes, 100$ melon - you know who buys them?
Kim Jong Il, North Korea’s leader - the Mang gyon Bon Ship - that comes to Japan regularly- is filled with his food stuff, that includes the melon, Hon maguro toro, and Kobe beef - while all his people suffer from hunger…

:eek:
Kim Jong Il, huh. Yeah I read that somewhere that that guy is a real bon vivant. He likes food and fine wines.:skull:
So, he likes to have Kobe beef for yakinikku, with of course his kimchee side dish and wash it down with fine bordeaux before having some caviar priced melon. Then cut somebody’s head off. What a fine life . :rolleyes:
Kobe beef, now that’s something more affordable and worth it’s price. I think. So, I am. Thinking. Hmmmm.

City_rabbit

10-08-2005, 12:43 PM

Kim Jong Il, huh. Yeah I read that somewhere that that guy is a real bon vivant. He likes food and fine wines.:skull:
Kobe beef, now that’s something more affordable and worth it’s price. I think. So, I am. Thinking. Hmmmm.

Kobe beef - wow, the first time I ate that - I had a headache - with all the fat and meat juice - that makes the Kobe beef so delicious- melts in your mouth like the melon…

But since I am not used too eating expensive meat - I had a headache… and told my friend that I am not used to this- she laughed.

:stuck_out_tongue:

stanfordmed

10-08-2005, 12:54 PM

@stanfordmed
it wasn’t the martini you were paying for… it was for the picture you took… :slight_smile:

Yep, and paying for every square inch of space occupied while taking the picture… :rolleyes:

So folks, enjoy the expensive view :smiley:

City_rabbit

10-08-2005, 01:01 PM

sipping the most expensive martini I’ll ever have, which by the way, is not worth it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Stanfordmed,
You seem to be everywhere- from Yokohama to Harajuku, to Roppongi - seems that you are enjoying your stay.

You will be surprised there will still be more expensive drinks in Tokyo- next time try the Ginza area. :cool:

stanfordmed

10-08-2005, 01:04 PM

My feline lady friend told me that when she tried that melon, it was so sweet and that it melts on your tongue. The only thing I’d feel melting is my wallet! :tongue:

I supposed it’s not ludicrous kung marami kang pera, pero for a poor person like me, medyo masakit sa bulsa especially for an ordinary night out. And I guess, 'haven’t ventured many bars in Japan yet, kaya not familiar with prices. BTW I’ve never had a martini served in that glass/cup (anong tawag mo sa container na 'yan?:scratch: ). Akala ko shochu lang ang ginagagamitan ng ganyan. :confused:

@ Paul,
'Haven’t seen a 250$ melon yet, nor tasted any melon on that price range.

Paul

10-08-2005, 09:54 PM

haven’t tasted one either, nor am i crazy enough to buy one. but i saw one in mitsukoshi two summers ago. here’s a pic of the watermelon (15,750 yen to be exact).

betong

10-08-2005, 11:44 PM

haven’t tasted one either, nor am i crazy enough to buy one. but i saw one in mitsukoshi two summers ago. here’s a pic of the watermelon (15,750 yen to be exact).
Hay salamat malalagay ko na ito sa gitna ni Pope at ni Gandhi dito sa aming dingding. :slight_smile:
Man, that’s almost 150$ for a watermelon that is not even good enough for consumption (apparently). :eeek:

City_rabbit

10-09-2005, 12:52 AM

Thanks for the photo Paul.
I wanted to show some friends this expensive watermelon…

I am still waiting for the day when the watermelons will be 100% seedless- that would be one of my happiest days…just love watermelons.

Yes, Betong, I too prefer the regular round ones…

puting tainga

10-09-2005, 10:35 AM

Salamat sa magandang litrato.
Sayang, hindi masyadong masarap daw ang mahal na martini.:smiley:

2000 yen for a glass of martini at first-class bars in downtown Tokyo is not particularly extremely expensive.

I’ve been to these places a few times.

Just think of the price of the land (=high rent).

Also, as you see, all the chairs, tables, glasses must be expensive.
(The martini is served in Japanese porcelain, which must be expensive.)

The emloyees are well-paid and well-trained.

In short, everything around you is expensive.

If you don’t order too much, with just a few thousand yen, you can feel like you are a very rich person.

(Don’t forget to dress properly, including your shoes. Have your hair done.
I heard they make a mental note of your shoes, to see if you are karapat-dapat.
If you are not welcome, they will tell you all the tables are already reserved.)

puting tainga

10-09-2005, 10:56 AM

uri ng baso
Ayon sa kaibigan ko, (Haponesa), that must be 備前 (Bizen), which is actually a name of the place, but it is also the name of the expensive porcelain made there.

My feline lady friend
Sorry, Betong, I know it is just one of the spell-check change mistakes. (No offense, I make spell-check mistakes quite ofthen, too)
But I couldn’t help laughing, as your icon was that of a cat.:biglaugh:

docomo

10-09-2005, 12:56 PM

@stanfordmed

CORRECT ! :slight_smile:

stanfordmed

10-09-2005, 01:34 PM

Hi Stanfordmed,
You seem to be everywhere- from Yokohama to Harajuku, to Roppongi - seems that you are enjoying your stay.
You will be surprised there will still be more expensive drinks in Tokyo- next time try the Ginza area. :cool:

City_rabbit,
I’m trying to see and experience Japan para naman hindi ma-bored. There’s more to see and do kaya lang wala akong napipitasan ng pera. Sino bang may mazuma or moola tree? Anyone? :peepwall:

As for the more expensive drinks in Tokyo, next time siguro kapag may deyt akong mayaman. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: .
:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:
This is the view from one of the restaurant on the 42nd floor, Aburiyaki & Sushi An (ATAGO GREEN HILLS/Restaurant & Shop Guide [ Tempura & sushi An ]/eHills Club). Here you can have your private room and private chef. Great food. :food: :thumb: Dine here then have cocktail and enjoy the rest of the night at The Bar (ATAGO GREEN HILLS/Restaurant & Shop Guide [ The BAR ]/eHills Club). :toast:

stanfordmed

10-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Salamat sa magandang litrato.
Sayang, hindi masyadong masarap daw ang mahal na martini.:smiley:

2000 yen for a glass of martini at first-class bars in downtown Tokyo is not particularly extremely expensive.

I’ve been to these places a few times.

Just think of the price of the land (=high rent).

Also, as you see, all the chairs, tables, glasses must be expensive.
(The martini is served in Japanese porcelain, which must be expensive.)

The emloyees are well-paid and well-trained.

In short, everything around you is expensive.

If you don’t order too much, with just a few thousand yen, you can feel like you are a very rich person.

(Don’t forget to dress properly, including your shoes. Have your hair done.
I heard they make a mental note of your shoes, to see if you are karapat-dapat.
If you are not welcome, they will tell you all the tables are already reserved.)

Puting tainga,
Of course I know the food and drinks, labor, the place, location etc. is accounted for in the price you pay. (Doesn’t only apply to dining, but just about everything else). And I’m aware there are much more expensive places than the Mori Tower; it all depends on how much you want to shell out or your caliber, 'di ba? Having had dinner and drinks with a private chef at the restaurant there then moseying over to the bar to have multiple drinks and dessert do adds up.

puting tainga

10-09-2005, 03:15 PM

Hi, Stan,
Sorry my writing style was not clear.

Yes, the first 2 sentences were meant for you,(Salamat sa magandang litrato.
Sayang, hindi masyadong masarap daw ang mahal na martini.)

But from the 3rd sentence, (2000 yen for a glass of martini at first-class bars in downtown Tokyo is not particularly extremely expensive.) I was talking to people who thought 2000 yen was too expensive.

I know you knew that, otherwise you won’t go there.
And apparently you were dressed properly then, for you were there, and enjoyed the tanawin at martini.:smiley:

stanfordmed

10-09-2005, 05:05 PM

Hi, Stan,
Sorry my writing style was not clear.

Yes, the first 2 sentences were meant for you,(Salamat sa magandang litrato.
Sayang, hindi masyadong masarap daw ang mahal na martini.)

But from the 3rd sentence, (2000 yen for a glass of martini at first-class bars in downtown Tokyo is not particularly extremely expensive.) I was talking to people who thought 2000 yen was too expensive.

I know you knew that, otherwise you won’t go there.
And apparently you were dressed properly then, for you were there, and enjoyed the tanawin at martini.:smiley:

Puting tainga,
That third sentence was meant for me too, :stuck_out_tongue: kasi ako ang nagsabi na expensive pero I did not say ‘extremely’ expensive. Hindi ko alam na considered first-class yong bar na 'yan. In that case eh hindi very expensive. Atsaka medyo na sha-shock pa rin ako sa mga prices dito sa Japan. Pardon my nescience. :open_mouth:

goldhorse

10-09-2005, 05:22 PM

Atago Green Hills…

Yeah I know the place. I used to work in the area and ate luch at the restaurants on the second floor. There was a Katsu specialty restaurant where you could order as much rice and misoshiru as you want for free. It was my favorite.

As for the prices at the Bar, I guess they are just a tad bit expensive than some bars at Roppongi Hills I know, but then there’s the nice view. And I guess it’s not as crowded as Roppongi. At Heartleand for example, by 8 or 9 PM it would be so crowded some people would be practically drinking at the sidewalk of Roppongi street! So if you really want to relax then I guess the Atago’s worth it.

City_rabbit

10-09-2005, 05:28 PM

City_rabbit,
I’m trying to see and experience Japan para naman hindi ma-bored. There’s more to see and do kaya lang wala akong napipitasan ng pera. Sino bang may mazuma or moola tree? Anyone? :peepwall:

As for the more expensive drinks in Tokyo, next time siguro kapag may deyt akong mayaman. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: .
:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Hi stanfordmed,
seems that. thanks for the nice view- photos -
I don’t get the chance to go out at night often - it is not my style - no offense - a night out for me would be a game of 9 ball - that is my regular night life.

No need for drinks or what -because - I don’t drink.
Neither does my husband - we both cannot drink alcoholic bevs.
:rolleyes::dowave:

So - I just enjoy the photos you post.

Thanks.

Call me when you are bored.
Maybe we can play a game of billiards -

betong

10-09-2005, 11:01 PM

My feline lady friend
Sorry, Betong, I know it is just one of the spell-check change mistakes. (No offense, I make spell-check mistakes quite ofthen, too)
But I couldn’t help laughing, as your icon was that of a cat.:biglaugh:
Don’t really see the typo there White Ear (Is that an Indian name, like Dances-with-wolves…). Feline meant cat and can’t think of any other way to spell that. Lady, well… Friend, ok so there rarely, the ‘r’ can be omitted, but as I say it is rare. And so I really meant to write Feline lady friend as I have already done so in other threads as I find it boring to say fiancee or girlfriend or lover or catch or darling or sweetheart or well, you know, my nut munching thrifty friend. And again just to hammer down the point :rolleyes: , I used the adjective feline as I am a cat. A handsome cat. A prince among cats. Ok that went too far. :wink: :growl:

puting tainga

10-09-2005, 11:33 PM

Off the topic, pero

feline lady friend ko
OK, now I see.
I apologize.:bowdown:

It never occurred to me that “feline lady friend ko” was referring to that person.(How should I call her?)

Ikumusta mo ako sa kaniya.

betong

10-10-2005, 02:55 PM

It never occurred to me that “feline lady friend ko” was referring to that person.(How should I call her?)

Ikumusta mo ako sa kaniya.

No harm done nutty professor. I call her ‘feline lady friend’, so I guess you can call her that too.:slight_smile:
And I will send her your yoroshiku’s.:thumb:

DJchot

10-10-2005, 08:51 PM

nice pix stan! :thumb:

anong camera yang gamit mo? sa mga pro ko lang nakikita yang mga night shots na ganyan kagaganda :slight_smile:

stanfordmed

10-10-2005, 09:17 PM

anong camera yang gamit mo? sa mga pro ko lang nakikita yang mga night shots na ganyan kagaganda :slight_smile:

Thanks DJchot,

Pocket point and shoot dig. take-with-me-anywhere camera lang ang ginagamit ko.:slight_smile:

http://img1.dena.ne.jp/ex12/cb/15/2790047/1/43027265_1.jpg
Lumix FX7

tower23ph

10-10-2005, 09:31 PM

luxuries!

DJchot

10-10-2005, 09:55 PM

Thanks DJchot,

Pocket point and shoot dig. take-with-me-anywhere camera lang ang ginagamit ko.:slight_smile:

http://img1.dena.ne.jp/ex12/cb/15/2790047/1/43027265_1.jpg
Lumix FX7

really? ang ganda ng resolution a. parang pang pro na. yung digicam ko, di ako makakuha ng maganda sa gabi. palitan ko na nga ng ganyan :slight_smile: . magkano yang ganyan if you don’t mind?

stanfordmed

10-10-2005, 10:28 PM

really? ang ganda ng resolution a. parang pang pro na. yung digicam ko, di ako makakuha ng maganda sa gabi. palitan ko na nga ng ganyan :slight_smile: . magkano yang ganyan if you don’t mind?

Bought it last year; matter of fact I’m selling it (already spoken for but not paid yet, so ginagamit ko pa rin). :stuck_out_tongue:

There are better Lumix models available now, such as the LX1. Check Panasonic site here (http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/).

I think it was about ¥50,000 when it first came out. Current approx. price of the FX7 here (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002QNIE2/250-0465944-6660254), but I’m sure there are better deal somewhere in Akihabara.

stanfordmed

10-11-2005, 11:10 AM

DJchot,
I also use the Sony Cybershot DSC T1 (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/t1_pg2.html) (avail. for sale too :smiley: )

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/sony_t1/t1_top.jpg

DJchot

10-11-2005, 12:19 PM

hi stan! kaya pala maganda yung mga shots mo, mamahalin pala yang mga yan. jologs lang yung digicam ko e. kahit may tripod na, pangit pa rin kuha sa gabi hehe

pa pm naman ng prices mo. baka kayanin ng budget :slight_smile: yung presyong TF hehe (jowk)

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.