PHOTOSHOP (?)

stanfordmed

08-18-2005, 03:34 PM

'Received this from U.S. via email - Is this the latest rage here in Japan or another photoshop hoax?
Note to the administrator: If this is deemed inappropriate, kindly remove this post.

Paul

08-18-2005, 05:24 PM

when the first sony handycams with the nightshot feature came out, some people found out that it can see through certain types of fabric when a certain filter was attached to it. it was so effective that people bought the cams just for that and soon pictures like this were popping up on the net. this prompted sony to modify the succeeding models so it won’t be able to do this. however, i read somewhere that you can still get them somewhere in the dark alleys of akihabara.

stanfordmed

08-18-2005, 05:52 PM

Hmmn…:o interesting - I didn’t know that. Akala ko na-doktor (edit) lang ng Photoshop. :smiley:

reon

08-18-2005, 06:53 PM

hello stanfordmed, these pictures are, in fact, photoshopped. printed fabric will not look as 3D as these pictures (note especially picture #4). also, a simple google search reveals this is a hoax (http://www.snopes.com/photos/skirts.asp).

westerners like to think the japanese are a crazy lot, but they’re really not that stupid. i mean, why would anyone want to wear a skirt that makes it appear like her butt is showing?

(o baka wala lang akong alam sa mga fads.) :smiley:

stanfordmed

08-18-2005, 07:22 PM

hello stanfordmed, these pictures are, in fact, photoshopped. printed fabric will not look as 3D as these pictures (note especially picture #4). also, a simple google search reveals this is a hoax (http://www.snopes.com/photos/skirts.asp).

westerners like to think of the japanese as a crazy lot, but they’re really not that stupid. i mean, why would anyone want to wear a skirt that makes it appear like her butt is showing?

(o baka wala lang akong alam sa mga fads.) :smiley:

So I’ve been duped by Paul? :eek: Gullible, I am!! :stuck_out_tongue:
Paul you’re such a stooge :sneaky:; 'got me believing on your feedback! :biglaugh: :roll:

@Reon: I was originally thinking more of picture #3 as Photoshopped because the panty part didn’t go beyond the apron. :smiley:

andres

08-18-2005, 08:20 PM

Alam nyo, mukhang hoax nga yung mga pictures na yan (lalo na yung pa “fade” sa pic #3).

Pero naalala ko noon na yung digital camera nung ex-girlfriend ko, there were instances where the underwear could be seen clearly through the dress fabric (in the pictures), na hindi naman visible through the naked eye. Hindi ako nagbibiro, nagulat nga ako.:eek: :thumb: Pero hindi ko na maalala kung anong klaseng camera (sony nga yata), kaya huwag nyo akong tanungin hehe.

Paul

08-19-2005, 08:52 PM

c’mon stanfordmed, you don’t really believe reon, do you? just because he seems nice and harmless doesn’t mean you should believe everything he says over me.

if you don’t believe me, you can send me your digital camera and i’ll modify it so you can take those kinds of pictures.

stanfordmed

08-19-2005, 09:28 PM

c’mon stanfordmed, you don’t really believe reon, do you? just because he seems nice and harmless doesn’t mean you should believe everything he says over me.

if you don’t believe me, you can send me your digital camera and i’ll modify it so you can take those kinds of pictures.

Ikaw talaga…:rolleyes:
Are you pulling my legs again? :stuck_out_tongue: Baka maniwala na naman ako sa’yo. :eeek:

Reon-san…help!!! :weep:

Paul

08-19-2005, 10:07 PM

sorry but that cry for help won’t do you any good.

i can explain to you the mechanism behind the pictures but i don’t want to bare my geeky side here. trust me, when it comes to things like this, i know some things that reon doesn’t. :devil:

suffice it to say that the pictures could have been taken with a modified camera and enhanced with photoshop to emphasize the see-through part.

i agree with reon regarding the fallacity of the article, though. i don’t think any woman in her right mind would wear something like that…even in japan.

stanfordmed

08-19-2005, 10:23 PM

What’s with the Lucifer then? :yikes:

Nick-san…anybody?? help!!!:weep:

I’m scared!! (not sure if I’m scared by the devil or by this guy with a cross :eek: )

Paul

08-19-2005, 10:28 PM

is that where you’re planning to use the modified camera? to take see-through pics of fat DOMs? i’m sorry but i have to withdraw my offer. the world would be better off without those kinds of see-through pics.

stanfordmed

08-19-2005, 10:38 PM

I was searching for a cross in such a hurry to ward off the devil, 'yon ang nahagilap ko! eeewwwwwww!! :eek: Gross to the max!

betong

08-23-2005, 12:17 AM

Read about this thing last year during the olympics.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn200 40724a3.htm
It’s about japanese swimmers having special swimsuits to protect themselves from ‘x-ray vision’ (à la Superman).

I saw the same thing on French TV where this man was carrying this inspector gadget camera (the modified one where you put on a special filter as described by Paul) filming sexy French people in their sexy lingerie.

OOOOOH la, la.:eek:

goldhorse

08-23-2005, 01:52 AM

Here you go Standfordmed. Para makatulog ka na.

http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/camcorders.html

stanfordmed

08-23-2005, 04:35 PM

Thanks Goldhorse! I can sleep better now :smiley:

Stacie Fil

08-23-2005, 08:17 PM

Hello guys,

Dont want to take side, but I think there are some shade of correctness to Mr Paul’s answer to Stanford. I’ve seen before in Akihabara a part/adaptor to the lens/camera of old video cam and you can see through some light fabric, with some exception to color blue I guess(Is that right?). I think I recently saw the same news last saturday or sunday morning about this japanese guy roaming around the beach crowd with his cam. He was stopped by the lifeguard and a lady reporter, because of this matters.

Paul

08-23-2005, 09:33 PM

hi stacie,

first time someone called me Mr. Paul here. :slight_smile: but i think i like plain, old Paul better.

anyway, to anyone here who is thinking of getting one of these cameras, please be advised that these modified cameras are illegal and that you can be arrested just by possessing one unless you have undisputable proof that it is exclusively used for scientific purposes.

and if you plan on going to the beach but are afraid that some pervert might take footages of you using one of these modified cameras, just wear a white swimsuit (if you can’t fork out the ¥¥¥ for Descente’s anti-xray swimsuits). it’s more difficult for the cameras to see through white swimsuits, easier through darker colored ones.

adechan

08-24-2005, 10:11 PM

elo tabi tabi po … makisali lang

about the original picz and topic of this thread …

i also received that one … it could be hoax … pero di po imposible na maaaring real shots ang mga yan …

kase
napanood ko po sa tv the other day …
nagmanman ang reporter sa isang beach … dahil meron daw doon na mga kumukuha nang lihim sa mga naka- misugi … at ang matindi, halos makita na ang kaloob looban

meron talagang mga kamerang nakakakuha nang shots na nakikita hanggang sa second layer nang damit, though it still depends on the kind of fabric, even ketai camera can took shots like that daw …

yun lang

adechan

08-24-2005, 10:14 PM

Hello guys,

Dont want to take side, but I think there are some shade of correctness to Mr Paul’s answer to Stanford. I’ve seen before in Akihabara a part/adaptor to the lens/camera of old video cam and you can see through some light fabric, with some exception to color blue I guess(Is that right?). I think I recently saw the same news last saturday or sunday morning about this japanese guy roaming around the beach crowd with his cam. He was stopped by the lifeguard and a lady reporter, because of this matters.

probably that was same tv program i saw

i think white yata yun eh not blue

:slight_smile:

piNkAhOLiC

10-02-2005, 07:44 AM

Woahh! Shocked ako ha… How much is this? Hehe…

BTW,the pics on the 1st page looks photoshopped. I can see some jagged pixels in it. Could be fake. Image quality on all pics is so horrible so it’s easier to hide imperfect photo manipulations. I won’t say it’s photoshopped (di lang naman photoshop ang pwede mo gamitin eh) Siguro edited… Just my POV :slight_smile:

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.