Regarding private messages

nick

11-28-2005, 10:10 PM

Hello TF members, two things about private messages:

First, private messages are not to be used for advertisement or solicitations of any kind. All advertisement and solicitations must be posted in the appropriate forums where they can be commented on and discussed openly. Repeated violation of this rule will result in a ban.

Also, please do not respond to questionable private messages asking you for purchase or donation. If you are unsure about the private messages you receive (especially from people you don’t know) you can forward them to the moderators.

Second, if you experience errors in the forum (caused by the software) or if you have a question about using the forum, please do not send private messages to the moderators about it. Post in the Feedback & Questions instead.

This has at least two benefits: 1. The answer to your post might be helpful for other users who might have the same experience or question but are not inclined to ask. 2. Other users may already know the answer and may help you quicker than the moderators.

Private messages are used for private correspondence between two people. However, there are things that are better posted in the forums, where they can be discussed openly and resolved quickly. Please use the PM system and forums wisely.

docomo

11-28-2005, 10:13 PM

noted nick :slight_smile:

Summer!

11-28-2005, 10:15 PM

ok, thanks nick! wakarimashita!:yesye s:

fremsite

11-28-2005, 10:20 PM

noted din po Sir Nick …ah… Sir … may tanong lang po …
do we really have a " privacy " in our private message ?
I mean … nakikita din po ba ng mga moderators yung
mga pm’s namin ?
just asking lang po … thanks :slight_smile:

docomo

11-28-2005, 11:07 PM

@nick

question * hindi kaya yung ibang members medyo alanganin magtanong sa forum eh sa dahilan po na baka maging katawa tawa ang katanungan nila? kaya dinadaan po nila sa PM :slight_smile:

gabby

11-28-2005, 11:12 PM

mga pm’s namin ?
just asking lang po … thanks :slight_smile:

Fremsite mate you hit it on the head. I was about to ask them that but you beat me to it.

I wonder what Nick has to say about this.

nick

11-28-2005, 11:14 PM

mga pm’s namin ?
just asking lang po … thanks :)I know someone’s bound to ask that. :smiley:

The short answer: No, the moderators and administrator (that’s me) cannot read your private messages. We also can’t read your passwords, by the way.

gabby

11-28-2005, 11:26 PM

I know someone’s bound to ask that. :smiley:

The short answer: No, the moderators and administrator (that’s me) cannot read your private messages. We also can’t read your passwords, by the way.

OH REally! Now you surprise me Nick. I didn’t know web Masters couldn’t read member’s passy. Cheers!:slight_smile:

fremsite

11-28-2005, 11:33 PM

I know someone’s bound to ask that. :smiley:

thanks Sir Nick … noted na rin po …:slight_smile:

fremsite

11-28-2005, 11:37 PM

Fremsite mate you hit it on the head. I was about to ask them that but you beat me to it.

I wonder what Nick has to say about this.

gabby san … 'gandang gabi sa yo friend …:slight_smile: actually , matagal ko ng gustong itanong ito and i’m just waiting for the right time to ask it . :stuck_out_tongue:

nick

11-28-2005, 11:54 PM

OH REally! Now you surprise me Nick. I didn’t know web Masters couldn’t read member’s passy. Cheers! :)You really have to take my word for it, gabby. :slight_smile:

gabby

11-28-2005, 11:58 PM

You really have to take my word for it, gabby. :slight_smile:

I believe you Nick.

docomo

11-29-2005, 12:02 AM

gabby san … 'gandang gabi sa yo friend …:slight_smile: actually , matagal ko ng gustong itanong ito and i’m just waiting for the right time to ask it . :stuck_out_tongue:

… di naman yan dahil sa guilty ka ha? :stuck_out_tongue:

fremsite

11-29-2005, 12:39 AM

… di naman yan dahil sa guilty ka ha? :stuck_out_tongue:

guilty ? docomo san … intriga yan ha ~~~~~
ma-intriga ~~~~~ :smiley:

Little Johnny

11-29-2005, 10:26 AM

guilty ? docomo san … intriga yan ha ~~~~~
ma-intriga ~~~~~ :smiley:

baka nman meron gumagawa ng SOPM (gets nyo? heheh)

thanks sa info sir nick… we can now PM 'til we drop… hehehe:D

puting tainga

11-29-2005, 04:45 PM

Ang tanging liham na tinanggap ko sa private message ay mula sa isang tao na talagang galit sa posting ko.

What I wrote was not what I thought but what I had seen it happen.
Katotohanan ito, at hindi theory ko.

Also she accused me for my using English and no tagalog word in my postings.
But since she was angry, this meant she understood English.
(My English here is intentionally easy and basic, anyway.)

I didn’t reply to her, but since then I try to insert a few tagalog words in my postings.

Next time someone writes to me such a thing I am determined to copy it and post it to the relevant thread, which should have done that way in the first place.

ichimar

11-29-2005, 04:55 PM

baka nman meron gumagawa ng SOPM (gets nyo? heheh)

thanks sa info sir nick… we can now PM 'til we drop… hehehe:Dlj anu po ba yung sopm…curios lang po:confused:

Paul

11-29-2005, 05:13 PM

Yeah, the moderators and the admin can’t read your PM’s (that’s why they’re called private messages). The passwords are shadowed so we also can’t view them.

However, your PM’s are still stored in the server database. So if the FBI or Homeland Security asks for the records of the private messages of TF, I think the hosting company of TF has no choice but to comply. Although, I think there’s very little probability of this scenario happening, but then again, I’m talking about the US government here, so who knows? :wink:

nick

11-29-2005, 08:25 PM

question * hindi kaya yung ibang members medyo alanganin magtanong sa forum eh sa dahilan po na baka maging katawa tawa ang katanungan nila? kaya dinadaan po nila sa PM :)May example question ka ba na palagay mo katawa-tawang itanong sa forum?

docomo

11-29-2005, 11:29 PM

May example question ka ba na palagay mo katawa-tawang itanong sa forum?

… … silly question or stupid question is still a question (at least for me) , point is, kayo po siguro kaya nyo pang dalhin ang tanong, what if yung iba ,na ibang klase mag react?

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.