Timog Forum is 1 year old!

nick

08-22-2005, 06:51 AM

Today, August 22, 2005, Timog Forum turns 1! Take a look at the very first post that started Timog Forum (http://www.timog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1).

I remember the time when we were just starting out, there were only a few members and even fewer posters, you could leave and come back several days later and there would be 0 new posts. In fact, we were desperate for new members, we even had a referral contest, which no one won because nobody referred anyone! Yes, I know, it was pathetic.

So we’d like to thank all the very first members who signed up and was active from the early days of Timog Forum until now. Dax, daddy_b, goldhorse, cyclops and kalypso comes to mind. There were those who registered but didn’t have time nor inclination to actively participate in the forums; we thank them, too, for their silent support.

Of course, aside from the very early sign-ups, we’d like to thank every member who made Timog Forum the active, diverse and helpful Filipino Community that it is today. Registration is still quick and anonymous, and the forums are open for everyone to read so even unregistered guests can get something useful from our little website.

So, as Timog Forum turns 1, we hope that with the help of our members, Timog Forum will become much more active, diverse and useful for the years to come. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

cyclops

08-22-2005, 06:57 AM

More Power And May God Bless Us All Pinoi Here In Japan And Around The WORLD.

Cyclops:grouphug: :band: :toast: :type: :gossip: :japanese:

kathy

08-22-2005, 09:17 AM

wow:yippee: happy2 anniversarry TF:grouphug: galing naman ^_~ ako pang -6th day ko pa lang d2 haha…hope nxt year kasama na ko dun sa first people on the list :stuck_out_tongue: just jokin’!anyway…goodl uck & more power;) atin to…luv ko to:toast: kampaiiiiiiiiiiiii:D

goldhorse

08-22-2005, 10:23 AM

Happy Anniversary to Timog Forum, and to us all! I think this Forum has come a long way from the time when there were only a few participants to unitl a few months ago when there was quite a noticeable jump in active posters. This of course is a result of the efforts of nick and the other moderators to make this Forum a warm and friendly place for not only Filipinos but for people of other nationalities as well who are in Japan or who have an interest in Japan. May our community continue to expand, and may its members become more active in its second year.

Omedeto Gozaimasu!

yosakoi-soran

08-22-2005, 10:40 AM

WOW…NICK… Congratulations…I am very happy to be with this TF site, and very thankful that I l am learning a lot from all the members, especially from those brilliant boys like PAUL, CRISPEE, POINTBLANK, GOLDHORSE and to all OTHERS…hindi mag-kakasya ang space pag-ti-nype ko ang lahat ng members…more power to your wonderful TF site hope we can help each other for more more years, regards everybody

maple

08-22-2005, 12:06 PM

Dear Nick and Reon,

TIMOG Forum has turned into one big ambivalent crowd, may be hard to maintain, but I guess that`s your calling :slight_smile:

I just hope your energies never peter out.

Ima made hontoni arigatou!!!

And thanks also to all the pithy contributions of Paul, Pointblank and Andres. Hey, am just mentioning the names of those who buoyed TF during its doldrum state, ha.

But of course, I also thank the new but active and entertaining members!

Yours truly,
Maple

dstar

08-22-2005, 01:42 PM

:yippee: :bouncy: Hello guys,

You made it! Congratulations!:tip hat: :band: :thumb: Happy 1 year old.
Thanks to all the moderators/contributors for all the effort you share and give, to all the newbies (like me) and future members, “Sa atin ito, Mabuhay kayo/tayo!”
:thumb: Good work Nick, Standformed and the rest of the guys/gals there.
Have a nice day and God Bless us all! :wave:

stanfordmed

08-22-2005, 02:29 PM

Congrats!

http://www.timog.com/gallery/files/1/8/0/TF.jpg

Dax

08-22-2005, 03:00 PM

YEHEY!!! Thanks to the admin and moderators for creating/managing this forum! :toast:
Kudos to all the members to! :toast:

makulit

08-22-2005, 03:13 PM

Happy 1st Timog Forum! :band:

btw, Mr Nick, how come stanfordmed can attach image here and i cant?

hotcake

08-22-2005, 05:49 PM

To the Moderator/s of TF congratulations. :band: Happy 1st Anniversary:toast: to all of us. Yukata kasama ako sa big event ng site na ito.:smiley: More power and cheers to all of us. :grouphug:

nick

08-22-2005, 07:26 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments from everyone! It’s nice to think that we deserve the credits, yet the members deserve it more, I believe.

I hope that as our community grows, we’ll continue to get along with everyone else and try to make every member feel welcome in Timog Forum.

(@makulit: Yes, attachment is disabled for all members; let me fix that. By the way, stanfordmed’s image is not an attachment; the image is stored in the Gallery and displayed by inserting its url in her post, by clicking on the “Insert Image” icon on the menu bar of the message editor.)

juy

08-22-2005, 07:56 PM

CONGRATIOLATIONS!!! !

Maruchan

08-22-2005, 08:19 PM

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY to T I M O G :thumb: F O R U M !!!

:grouphug:

I’m glad to be a part of this great community for Filipinos living in Japan and those who share the same interest.

God bless and more power to TF,

Maruchan;)here

kalypso

08-22-2005, 09:36 PM

gee…time really flies! congratulations to timog forum on its first anniversary and kudos to the founder and moderators for a well-done job. what can i say…you guys are amazing :slight_smile: keep up the good work, and may our online community continue to grow.

pointblank

08-22-2005, 10:01 PM

Hontou ni Omedetou Gozaimasu sa Timog Forum. :toast:

Isang malaking “Otsukaresama!” (kongo tomo sue nagaku :smiley: yoroshiku onegai mooooooshiagemasu) sa mga moderators - I know that maintaining the site involves huge investments of effort and time on your part. Maraming maraming salamat. :bowdown:

P.S. (ala byuti contest hopeful) I wud laik to tengk da bord of judgemental for choosing me as miss amity … horrorville … Seriously, ano kaya ang mga nasabi ko to deserve being mentioned twice sa thread na ito? Ang feeling ko kasi ay bagitong-bagito pa si ako.:eek:

sam

08-22-2005, 10:47 PM

Congratulations!!!H ats off to Nick for this site and to all the pioneering guys( I hope you all look much younger now than a year ago, hehehe). More power to ya!!!

ning2

08-23-2005, 12:42 AM

HAPPY 1ST YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO TF! :band:
congaratulations to the admin and moderators:) keep up the good work :thumb:

more power and GOD BLESS US ALL!:toast:

chepot

08-23-2005, 09:51 AM

Mentors of Timog Forum!!!

Happy 1st anniversary!!!:band: :kiss: :toast: and more power!!

Teddy

08-23-2005, 11:57 AM

TF has just turned 1???:eek: Really??? I thought this has been around since forever:D It must have been such a painstaking task to make this forum as it is in only a year… Grabe…
Anyways, CONGRATS!!!:yippee:

Minasama, korekara mo douzo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu:tiphat:

RISINGSUN

08-23-2005, 01:37 PM

Happy Anniversary sa TF!! Huli man daw naiihabol pa rin… Thanks to the admin and moderator ng TF… Mabuhay!!!

Dax

08-26-2005, 11:21 AM

btw, bakit pala Timog Forum ang pangalan nito? :confused: curious lang po.

bakit hindi Silangan (Land of the Rising Sun), or Hilaga (nasa may north ng Pinas ang Japan :smiley: well more accurately NNE)?

Teddy

08-26-2005, 11:28 AM

btw, bakit pala Timog Forum ang pangalan nito? :confused: curious lang po.

bakit hindi Silangan (Land of the Rising Sun), or Hilaga (nasa may north ng Pinas ang Japan :smiley: well more accurately NNE)?

Dax-san, sa palagay ko, iyan ang tawag dito dahil nasa may Timog ng Japan ang Pinas:D Para ito kasi sa mga taga-Timog(pinoy&pinay). Hindi ba?:wink: Hula lang po…

Dax

08-26-2005, 11:30 AM

Ah, ang point-of-reference ay Japan, hindi Pinas! Hehe. Baka nga iyan ang dahilan Teddy-san.

Teddy

08-26-2005, 11:38 AM

Let’s wait na lang ng sagot sa godfather:rolleyes:

Teddy

08-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Let’s wait na lang ng sagot sa godfather:rolleyes:

Oops. Mali ang choice kong smily…:stuck_out_tongue:

reon

08-27-2005, 09:38 AM

hello dax at teddy,

noong wala pang timog at napag-isipan na naming gumawa ng website, lumabas siyempre yung issue tungkol sa pangalan. ano ba’ng magandang pangalan para sa isang website ng mga pinoy sa japan?

noong panahon na 'yon, may mga domain names ako na hindi ginagamit at ang pinoy-sounding lang ay “timog.com”. gusto ko itong pangalan na ito: madaling matandaan, madaling sabihin sa mga tao (“punta ka lang sa timog.com”) at madaling i-type sa url address.

wala namang koneksyon ito sa mga pinoy sa japan. wala rin namang ibig sabihin. parang maganda lang pakinggan ang “timog forum”. personally, pag sinabi mong timog, ang naaalala ko ay timog avenue sa quezon city. :smiley:

Teddy

08-27-2005, 10:30 AM

personally, pag sinabi mong timog, ang naaalala ko ay timog avenue sa quezon city. :smiley:

Iyan din naman ang pumasok sa isip ko nung una kong malaman itong website na 'to:D

Medyo off-topic, but… may alam po ba kayo dito sa TF kung saan meron ng magagandang restaurants/bars na may :thumb: reggae bands na tumutunog sa gabi sa Timog Ave. or Quezon Ave.?:band:

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.