What Have You Done To Make The Philippines Proud Of You?

Raiden

11-29-2005, 11:29 AM

In fairness, I’m starting this thread to reverse the question “Are You Proud Being A Filipino?” Originally started by Ms. Honey. (I love you Honey :kiss: )

Although the current condition of the Philippines is a bit less than favorable, I believe it is still making progress, despite of what other people may think.

I also hear some people say “The Philippines Haven’t Done Anything For Me.” Which I find really tempting to ask them what have they done for the Philippines anyway? Seems like they just want to take, take, take, and take some more for nothing. :mad:

Therefore, I ask you this:

What have you done to make the Philippines and fellow Filipinos proud of you?

I’m gonna go while you think about it. I’ll be back in a couple of hours.

docomo

11-29-2005, 12:41 PM

@Raiden

… Do we really need to enumerate one by one, and justify it? :slight_smile:

Dax

11-29-2005, 12:43 PM

Hi Raiden,

pointblank tried to change that topic. betong, myself, stanfordmed and some others tried to help but we seem to have failed. :smiley: Buti na lang gumawa ka ng separate thread. Please see posts # 11, 14 to 17, 19 etc. in that thread.

fremsite

11-29-2005, 12:48 PM

In fairness, I’m starting this thread to reverse the question “Are You Proud Being A Filipino?” Originally started by Ms. Honey. (I love you Honey :kiss: )

Although the current condition of the Philippines is a bit less than favorable, I believe it is still making progress, despite of what other people may think.

I also hear some people say “The Philippines Haven’t Done Anything For Me.” Which I find really tempting to ask them what have they done for the Philippines anyway? Seems like they just want to take, take, take, and take some more for nothing. :mad:

good afternoon Raiden san …
" what have i done to make the Philippines and fellow Filipinos proud of me ? " …
hmnnnn…nothing much …sending remittances monthly to my family back home…
( w/c is good for our economy , di ba ? ) inviting japanese friends to visit Philippines
(that’s for our country too )… doing things such as :
helping unfortunate filipinos in my own little ways …
working hard and honest w/ my japanese employer… so my employer won’t have the " bad " image about us filipinos …
will those make my fellow countrymen proud of me ? :confused:
kahit hindi sila proud sa akin … kahit hindi nila alam kung ano ang ginagawa ko para sa ating
mga kababayan … ok lang as long na hindi ako gumagawa ng masama …
both for myself and my fellow countrymen …:slight_smile:

aprilluck

11-29-2005, 04:12 PM

When I accepted the job to be an English teacher for the blind students.First, I didn’t accepted the offer, saying “Why me? I’m not an expert to this kind of job and why not
try a native speaker like American,Australian, Irish ? Filipinos can speak English but not all are fluent” They answered me ,“We already tried but failed ,we need a person who can teach with a heart not only with the best knowledge of teaching” ,and we found out that Filipinos are fit with it"(note: it doesn’t mean Filipinos are not good teacher ,please don’t misunderstand the way i wrote).After a month questioning myself ,“could I ?” and “should I ?” accepted the job then.It’s a very different way of teaching,I don’t use blackboard,I use computer not to miss the right spelling and pronunciation (students have a great sense of hearing ,just think of Stevie Wonder)They use Braille typewriter in writing , I use pen .They use their hands to read ,I use my eyes.But we both have the voices to speak and ears to listen .This is my second year with them and I’m glad I have this job not because I could but because They believe that I’m a loving ,caring Filipino teacher who could teach them English in a very patient way.I hope I’ve done something to make the philippines and my fellow Filipinos proud of me through this .

Dax

11-29-2005, 04:18 PM

I hope I’ve done something to make the philippines and my fellow Filipinos proud of me through this .
Wow very good aprilluck! I’m so proud of you kababayan! Sana dumami ang lahi mo! :slight_smile:

Raiden

11-30-2005, 02:06 PM

@Raiden

… Do we really need to enumerate one by one, and justify it? :slight_smile:

Feel free to choose whatever way you are comfortable with. :slight_smile:

Raiden

11-30-2005, 02:12 PM

Hi Raiden,

pointblank tried to change that topic. betong, myself, stanfordmed and some others tried to help but we seem to have failed. :smiley: Buti na lang gumawa ka ng separate thread. Please see posts # 11, 14 to 17, 19 etc. in that thread.

Hello Sir Dax,

I actually got the idea from Madam Pointblank. I should’ve mentioned that in the first post of this thread. So sorry Madam Pointblank.

I have just finished reading the excellent posts you mentioned in the other thread. :slight_smile:

Raiden

11-30-2005, 02:18 PM

good afternoon Raiden san …
" what have i done to make the Philippines and fellow Filipinos proud of me ? " …
hmnnnn…nothing much …sending remittances monthly to my family back home…
( w/c is good for our economy , di ba ? ) inviting japanese friends to visit Philippines
(that’s for our country too )… doing things such as :
helping unfortunate filipinos in my own little ways …
working hard and honest w/ my japanese employer… so my employer won’t have the " bad " image about us filipinos …
will those make my fellow countrymen proud of me ? :confused:
kahit hindi sila proud sa akin … kahit hindi nila alam kung ano ang ginagawa ko para sa ating
mga kababayan … ok lang as long na hindi ako gumagawa ng masama …
both for myself and my fellow countrymen …:slight_smile:

Hi Fremsite,

Bakit mo namang nasabi na hindi proud sa’yo yung mga kapwa nating Pilipino? I am proud of you. I am proud of my kababayans who are making a living in an honest and honorable way, no matter how “little” it may be. :slight_smile:

Raiden

11-30-2005, 02:33 PM

When I accepted the job to be an English teacher for the blind students.First, I didn’t accepted the offer, saying "Why me? I’m not an expert to this kind of job and why not

[LEFT]try a native speaker like American,Australian, Irish ? Filipinos can speak English but not all are fluent" They answered me ,“We already tried but failed ,we need a person who can teach with a heart not only with the best knowledge of teaching” ,and we found out that Filipinos are fit with it"(note: it doesn’t mean Filipinos are not good teacher ,please don’t misunderstand the way i wrote).After a month questioning myself ,“could I ?” and “should I ?” accepted the job then.It’s a very different way of teaching,I don’t use blackboard,I use computer not to miss the right spelling and pronunciation (students have a great sense of hearing ,just think of Stevie Wonder)They use Braille typewriter in writing , I use pen .They use their hands to read ,I use my eyes.But we both have the voices to speak and ears to listen .This is my second year with them and I’m glad I have this job not because I could but because They believe that I’m a loving ,caring Filipino teacher who could teach them English in a very patient way.I hope I’ve done something to make the philippines and my fellow Filipinos proud of me through this .

I salute you Aprilluck.

Wala talagang tatalo sa pag-aalaga ng Pinay. :smiley:

betong

11-30-2005, 02:45 PM

What Have You Done To Make The Philippines Proud Of You?

Think I’ve heard that line before… Or something to that effect…
http://roxanne.typepad.com/rantrave/images/jfk.jpg

Raiden

11-30-2005, 02:53 PM

Hi Betong,

Hey, I know that guy.

Isn’t he the one who was loved by most, hated by some, but respected by all? :slight_smile:

betong

11-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Isn’t he the one who was loved by most, hated by some, but respected by all? :slight_smile:
I guess that if you had half a brain, you would respect him. Some people just have no respect.

Raiden

11-30-2005, 06:24 PM

I guess that if you had half a brain, you would respect him. Some people just have no respect.

What do you mean? Do you think I’m disrespecting JFK?

betong

11-30-2005, 11:52 PM

What do you mean? Do you think I’m disrespecting JFK?
No way man. The ‘you’ in my original post was a generic ‘you’. Third person singular. Sorry, I was not clear on that. Had no intention on offending you man. Peace tayo ha!

fremsite

12-01-2005, 01:53 AM

Hi Fremsite,

Bakit mo namang nasabi na hindi proud sa’yo yung mga kapwa nating Pilipino? I am proud of you. I am proud of my kababayans who are making a living in an honest and honorable way, no matter how “little” it may be. :slight_smile:

thanks a lot Raiden san … you made me happy …:slight_smile:
and you know what ?.. i just want to share this lang …
my boss talked to me today ( yesterday na pala… hehehehehe )
and he’s planning to give me a raise !!! yipppeeeee!!!:yi ppee:
by next year ( january ) he is willing and happy to give me that raise …
though i did’nt ask for that … i just told him " why ? "
and his answers are … " you work hard and i am very satisfied the
way you handle things in the store "… very flattering …:open_mouth:
actually , i started to work w/ him for only 2 months …
my 1st week … he wants me already to handle his store…:eek:
quite amusing … :stuck_out_tongue:

Raiden

12-01-2005, 11:18 AM

No way man. The ‘you’ in my original post was a generic ‘you’. Third person singular. Sorry, I was not clear on that. Had no intention on offending you man. Peace tayo ha!

No problem, Betong. :slight_smile:

Whew! For a moment there, I was worried that I may have had unintentionally offended you by the remarks I made about JFK. For me, he was a great leader of a great nation. I can’t say the same about Bush though. :smiley:

Peace, brother. :wink:

adechan

12-01-2005, 02:16 PM

paano nga ba?

puwede na ba iyong maging isang mabuting citizen dito japan, while still holding the values and respect and love of being a filipino?

like cooperating sa neighborhood activities and the like cleaning up the road especially on this season, uchiba hirou?

me, i started just a volunteer english teacher lang … actually volunteer AET pa rin ang title ko sa school … and sa mga newsletters,i am the only one from Philippines, kung hindi ako nag volunteer, they will hear about philippines kaya?

until now nakapaskil pa rin ang philippine flag sa school. nadagdagan pa. nag- drawing sila nang map of the world na ang naka-highlight lang ay ang Philippines.

san gaki (third semister) i will teach the student philippine dance … they requested bamboo dance or “tinikling”. mabuti na lang member ako nang dance troupe during highschool …

puwede na rin kaya ito??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

gabby

12-01-2005, 06:08 PM

thanks a lot Raiden san … you made me happy …:slight_smile:
and you know what ?.. i just want to share this lang …
my boss talked to me today ( yesterday na pala… hehehehehe )
and he’s planning to give me a raise !!! yipppeeeee!!!:yi ppee:
by next year ( january ) he is willing and happy to give me that raise …
though i did’nt ask for that … i just told him " why ? "
and his answers are … " you work hard and i am very satisfied the
way you handle things in the store "… very flattering …:open_mouth:
actually , i started to work w/ him for only 2 months …
my 1st week … he wants me already to handle his store…:eek:
quite amusing … :stuck_out_tongue:

ENHORABUENA HIJA!!! I happy for you. :yippee: :band:

ugnayan

12-03-2005, 03:32 AM

Mabuhay ka, Aprilluck! I’m so happy & proud of you, kabayan! Ipagpatuloy ang magandang paglilingkod sa kapwa. Salamat din sa mga PM mo! May the Lord bless and strengthen you more as you serve Him!

Sa tanong ni Raiden…sa iba’t-ibang bansa at maraming lahi na nakapanayam ko bilang NGO worker, kinilala akong taga-Pilipinas. Hindi nga maitago bilang isang Filipino ako dahil kaagad kong ipinapakilala kung taga-saan ako o ano ang lahi ko. Maraming beses na akong nakarinig ng masama at maling image ng bayan at kababayan natin…Tinatanggap ko naman ang totoo at iniwawasto ang mali.

Sa Kobe Earthquake noong 1995, nagvolunteer ako kasama ng mga Hapon at dayuhan sa Japan…Maraming Hapon ang nagulat na tinutulungan ko sila at sabi, “Hindi ba maraming mahihirap sa inyo?” Tinanggap ko ang pagtingin sa bayan natin pero nasabi ko na sinadya kong pumunta sa Kobe para ang isang mahirap ay makatulong sa mayayaman kagaya nila. May mga prinsipyong ibinahagi ko sa kanila tungkol sa buhay, kayamanan, paggalang sa kapwa at pagdadamayan “beyond our race/nationality.”

Itong taong 2005, 2 kaming Pinoy ang nag-ayos ng AsiAid Charity Concert for Tsunami Victims…maraming foreign music artists ang nagsuporta at dinumog ng maraming tao ang event. Napakasayang maglingkod sa kapwa na kung minsan ay di na iniintindi kung ano ang lahi ang tutulungan…ang iba na ang nagsasabi na Filipino ang mga organizers 'yan!

Lately, nagkaroon ng KatrinAid Benefit Show…nakarinig din ako ng tanong, “Bakit tutulungan ninyo ang Amerika?” Nasabi ko na natututunan nating Filipino ang tumulong at hindi lang umaasa sa tulong ng iba…nawa’y maranasan din ang kagalakan ng pagbibigayan at pagdadamayan…ika nga “2 cents might” from a poor widow and the help comes from the heart and expect nothing in return…

Marami pang iba’t-ibang proyekto kung saan isinama ako dahil kinikilalang Philippine representative ako. Naisulat ko ito para hindi magmataas kundi malaman ng kababayan natin na sa gawa, kilos at pagsasalita natin ay pagpapala tayo at naitatama ang paningin nila sa atin kung nalaman na taga-Pilipinas pala tayo.

“Unsung heroes” kung tawagin ang OFWs…kahit 'di natin hintayin ang pagpupuri ng iba…basta patuloy ang ating pagiging maka-Diyos, maka-bayan, at maka-tao!

adechan

12-03-2005, 12:17 PM

“Unsung heroes” kung tawagin ang OFWs…kahit 'di natin hintayin ang pagpupuri ng iba…basta patuloy ang ating pagiging maka-Diyos, maka-bayan, at maka-tao!

:thumb: ok yan ah!

and I salute you for your endeavors :tiphat: … keep it up … and more blessings from heaven above

adechan

12-03-2005, 12:29 PM

When I accepted the job to be an English teacher for the blind students.First, I didn’t accepted the offer, saying "Why me? I’m not an expert to this kind of job and why not

… … …

you are doing so great. wow! this job needs a lot of patience, and natural talents … and to think na you are already on the second year working, probably you really love this job. hats off din ako sa iyo:tiphat:

aprilluck

12-03-2005, 12:51 PM

Thanks to Raiden,Dax ,Ugnayan.
At gusto ko rin pong ipaalam sa inyo na ilan sa mga magulang ng aking estudyante ay tumutulong rin sa mga scholarship program para sa mga qualified Filipino student ,minsan pa nga ipinabasa pa sa akin ang copy ng report card na ipinadala ng isang estudyante ,ayon din sa kanila pang limang taon na raw nilang project ang scholarship na ito,kung nagpapasalamat sila sa akin ,ganoon rin ako sa kanila ,Maraming Salamat po!

aprilluck

12-03-2005, 02:35 PM

you are doing so great. wow! this job needs a lot of patience, and natural talents … and to think na you are already on the second year working, probably you really love this job. hats off din ako sa iyo:tiphat:
Adechan ,Maraming salamat .I owe it to them talaga even it’s a time cunsuming ,needs a lot of patience (as what you said too) but theres a part of me that changed, so long to explain.
Anyway ,Salamat.Keep Up The Good Work And May God Bless You Always.

Raiden

03-29-2006, 06:16 AM

These are the things that I’ve done and currently doing to make my country and countrymen proud of me. Not much, but from the heart.

1. I am always committed to excellence in everything I do, everywhere I go, because I’m a Filipino and I represent the Philippines, and I will never do anything that will tarnish the image of my homeland and my people.

2. Everytime somebody ask me where I’m from or what ethnic background I belong to, my answer is always, I’m from the Philippines therefore I’m a Filipino. Not “Ummmm…I’m Spanish, Chinese, Scottish, and some Filipino.” :rolleyes:

3. I always respect and follow the rules and laws of every place I visit, especially when I visit our country. I find it hilarious when some of us are so law-abiding when we’re outside our country, but when we’re in our country, we tend to disregard and disobey its rules and laws. What’s up with that? :frowning:

4. I read the history of our nation, and I never forget the Filipinos who fought for our country and for our freedom.

5. I stop and stand up to honor my country every time I hear the national anthem being played.

6. I never forget nor deny where I came from.

7. I make myself aware of the problems that are plaguing our country. I also make my fellow Filipinos aware of the problems and the solutions that could reverse it, instead of blaming our ancestors for obtaining the independence of our nation, from foreign control.

ugnayan

03-29-2006, 12:51 PM

Salamat at binuhay mo ang thread na ito, Raiden! Sana marami pa ang mag-post dito lalo na ang praktikal na bagay na nagawa na, gagawin pa o ideya na pwedeng gawin ng mga taga-TF o taga-basa rito. Sana rin ang mga may kritikal na pananaw sa bayan natin, Filipino man sila o banyaga, ay ibigay na lang ang oras nila para sa kabutihan ng lahat–hikayat o paano may aksyon para sa kapakanan ng bayan nating Pilipinas!

Greetings of Peace, Love and Joy in Christ to all!

d_southpaw

03-29-2006, 08:56 PM

Didnt notice this thread too. Good one indeed. Tsaka positive ang atmosphere, dahil yong mga taong talagang gumagawa ng magagandang mga aksyon, karaniwan positibo ang mga criticisms, maganda ang dahilan.

Let me post for Tonyang, who is probably always busy with work and all those activities she is doing for her kababayan’s. Took this from post #73 of ‘solutions that we can actually do’ thread.

Iskolar-Pinoy sponsorship
http://www.tpmovers.org/Iskolar_Pinoy_Journa lv3.pdf (http://www.tpmovers.org/Iskolar_Pinoy_Journa lv3.pdf)

Tulong Aeta Literacy sponsorship
http://tulongaeta.wordpress .com (http://tulongaeta.wordpress .com/)

Isang Alaga, Isang Kinabukasan
http://www.tpmovers.org/iaik_talisay.htm
http://www.tpmovers.org/IsangAlaga_Mangyans. pdf (http://www.tpmovers.org/IsangAlaga_Mangyans. pdf)

Rural Computer Literacy Donation Drive
http://www.ruralcomp.net (http://www.ruralcomp.net/)

Kabayan Orientation - Migrants’ Literacy
http://www.tpmovers.org/kabayan_o.htm

Eto iyung website natin, www.tpmovers.org (http://www.tpmovers.org/)

Raiden

03-30-2006, 12:56 PM

@ d_southpaw

Napakaganda at kahanga-hangang mga programa. Lalong tumitibay ang aking paniniwalang makakaahon ang Pilipinas at lalo akong nahihikayat na lalong magpursige, tuwing nakakakita ako ng mga Pilipinong katulad ninyo, Tonyang at d_southpaw. :yesyes:

mOtt_erU

09-01-2006, 01:09 AM

I am prod to be a Filipino, I had the traits of being a good Pinoy like being Hospitable and warm., though I speak Eigo & Nihonggo I often speak tagalog pa din,…
sa mga simpleng bagay na yon nabigyan ko na ng karangalan yung bayan ko.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.