What is Christmas to you?

Stacie Fil

09-15-2005, 12:12 AM

Its always nice to cherish and talk about Christmas or Pasko(and everything that goes along with it). Brings back good memories and bright feeling. Reminds us deeply about love and its essence.

In One word or just up to Two sentences lang po(max), kindly share your views, thought, idea,…etc. on What is the meaning of Christmas to you. If you feel you have more to say, OK lang, pero just save it for the next day or later for posting. Para mas masaya. I mean para lahat maka share fairly at di maubusan agad.(he,he,he,:slight_smile: ) Hoping the thread shall keep on going untill Christmas day, kasama na yung greetings if ever.

Sana Ok lang po sa inyong lahat na simulan na;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS !
I miss suman sa ibus at malapot na hot cocoa drink.:smiley:

yosakoi-soran

09-15-2005, 07:22 AM

we have christmas tree and christmas carols, christmas lanterns and…w e can say… Merry Christmas To All…:band:

Summer!

09-15-2005, 09:18 AM

Pasko na pag malamig ang simoy ng hangin at nagke-crave na ako for puto bungbong, I remember gumigising kami ng nanay ko ng maaga for the puto bungbong para lang makabili ng mainit kahit non-catholic kami, nakikisabay kami sa mga nagsisimbang gabi sa bilihan. :slight_smile:

eps

09-15-2005, 09:28 AM

Christmas…:slight_smile:

Mmmm, simbang gabi and puto bungbong…

exchanging Christmas gifts…

family members and friends…

and needless to say, masasarap na handa----fruits salad, barbecue, pansit… :slight_smile:

yosakoi-soran

09-15-2005, 09:57 AM

Mano po Ninong…Mano po Ninang…PUREZENTO CHODAI:D :smiley: No Credit But

Cash…sore ja mata lainen ne…he…he…he. …:yippee:

Eto...pa....

Meri Kurisumasu Ninong....Meri Kurisumasu Ninang......???

Ninong.....Ninang... ...??? doko desuka??? doko? doko desuka??????????:nut s:

Mooooo.......mata... . nigeraremashita..... ..:eek: :eek: :weep: :weep:

nonoy

09-15-2005, 07:07 PM

Family . . . . Home

makulit

09-15-2005, 07:28 PM

1. Karoling
2. Lahat ng bata sa village pupunta sa bahay at mamasko.
3. Masasayang mukha ng mga bata ...

honey

09-15-2005, 09:39 PM

naiisip ko mga bata, santa claus, keso de bola, karoling, bibingka at iba't ibang kulay ng parol at christmas lights :D

twinkle

09-15-2005, 10:26 PM

hello, bago pa po ako dito sa japan at dito ako mag papasko. Paano ba sini celebrate ang Pasko dito? May christmas tree at noche buena din ba?

Stacie Fil

09-15-2005, 11:01 PM

May kilig ang simoy nang simbang gabi.
Musmos na kiliti, hatid Christmas card para sa crush nya.

hotcake

09-15-2005, 11:15 PM

hello, bago pa po ako dito sa japan at dito ako mag papasko. Paano ba sini celebrate ang Pasko dito? May christmas tree at noche buena din ba?hello twinkle, welcome to TF...:)

Paano sine-celebrate ang pasko dito, tahimik.... di kagaya sa atin sa pinas na masaya at nagpupuyat ang mga tao. Dito usually may trabaho kasi kaya ordinary na iyong may konting handa sa bahay. Ewan ko lang sa ibang filipinos dito sa Japan kung may gatherings ba sila na ginagawa. Christmas tree, ako naglalagay ako kasi para may spirit naman...:D

Stacie Fil

09-16-2005, 10:46 PM

Candy canes

Stacie Fil

09-18-2005, 08:25 AM

Home made hawaiian ham

goldhorse

09-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Simbang Gabi, Noche Buena, Gifts, and up until high school the only time of the year when I was permitted to buy a new pair of shoes.

Trivia: Jesus wasn't probably born in December 25. It was coneniently decided upon by the church to coincide with the winter solstice at a time when people had forgotten the actual date of Jesus' birth. Apparently the early Christians did not celebrate His birth but rather His death. There is evidence that Jesus was born in spring, more specifically April 17 (others put it in September) For those interested on how this was determined, please search for key words on The Ram, Star of Betlehem, Jupiter.

Stacie Fil

09-19-2005, 01:59 AM

Trivia: There is evidence that Jesus was born in spring, more specifically April 17 (others put it in September) For those interested on how this was determined, please search for key words on The Ram, Star of Betlehem, Jupiter.

I guess beside the astrogical study, some of the practical proof are the facts that the sheperds during that time Jesus was born, were herding thier flocks and sleeping outside. Something they say you cannot simply do during winter time.

goldhorse

09-19-2005, 11:45 AM

I guess beside the astrogical study, some of the practical proof are the facts that the sheperds during that time Jesus was born, were herding thier flocks and sleeping outside. Something they say you cannot simply do during winter time.

And the fact that there was a census, and each person was required to register at his/her town of birth. You wouldn't want to declare a census in the dead of winter.

But then I am straying here...back to the topic.

The Christmas season usually starts early in the Philippines. My neighbor has already put up Christmas decors and its just September. I guess it would be the same in the Philippines. The celebration usually extends until the feast of the three Kings.

Time for another trivia. A lot of scholars now believe that the three kings were magi from Babylon, or Persia. They were astorlogists, dream interpreters, magicians (which by the way comes from magi). But one question I have been asking myself for a long time is, if they were Persians, how come they traveled to pay homage to the King of the Jews? Judea was anything but a power in the area. I tend to agree with the theory that they might be Jewish astrologers, decended from those exiled into Babylon and chose to remain there even after most of the exiles returned to Judea. If this is true, then the event was more of a homecoming than just a visit, but of course the main order of business was to pay homage to the Messiah. Kind of reminds me of the kids of OFWs or immigrants who are visiting the Philippines to celebrate Christmas

Stacie Fil

09-20-2005, 10:07 PM

What I understand is that those Magi where special people of authority or leadership power. Just like lots of people who recieve revelation about the coming of the most special and only child of Heavens. Gods only son should also need protection and preparation on the right time He should openly start His mission. On my opinion, I think the Magi recieve the revelation/ or inspiration to take care of that special one. If they only come to bring gifts or offering, considering there long travel and convoy of people, they could have bring more. Even tons of treasure for that one and only very special child. I was thinking that Joseph as a man knows that Jesus is not his son and his mission(from revelation) is to protect Mary(and her womb). After the birth, his job was done and should turn over to someone else,better to protect and take care/educate the child in best atmosphere. Since the the child was retain to his responsibility, then a new word/dream was given to him to run away the child far to safety. Well, he got a little help along the way.
Sorry not in bible, just own opinion/practical thought. Going back to topic.

Raindeer toy decorations on the christmas tree, were nice to watch when I was small. Nasisita ako madalas pag tinatanggal ko ang decor to play with it.

Dax

09-21-2005, 11:43 AM

I believe in Christ, but I do not believe that he was born on Christmas. If he were, then it should have been written (in the Julian or Jewish or whatever calendar) in the most important record about him - the New Testament. But it isn't.

I believe that we should remember Chirst's birth (whichever date it is), but not only on Christmas, but every day, every time that we pray.

I believe in spending quality time with family and friends, and in giving and sharing, but I do not believe they should only be on Christmas.

Hungry eyes

09-22-2005, 01:48 AM

Christmass..is coming near...christmass gives me lots of different feelings...i remember..when i was a little..we are so poor..cant afford to buy new clothes even in christmass..no new shoe..to think that im was born and living in marikina that time...one christmass...i dont have new dress..and i cried silently..coz i dont want my mother to see me crying...i pray to god to make magic..that when i wake up in the morning..new dress is there in my side..eve is getting near..but still.. god dint make magic..and i was about to give up..and accept that ..this year..is not my christmass..then grandma came to my surprised..she bought me a colorful one piece...wala sa uso..but it give me so much happiness...and ..i realized that..god..also loving me...and im thanking my grandma..she made my christmass..christma ss is evey kids dreams..now that im grown up.and a mom now..this is the time..to turn back the blessing.. not only on christmass day but every step of lifeto my grandma..and to eveyone...Marry christmass in advance...and happy birthday**JESUS**

prettylily_1203

09-22-2005, 03:44 AM

:) for me X'mas is FAMILY.....I just wish I can spend X'mas with them this year.....

Stacie Fil

10-09-2005, 11:30 PM

Christmass..is coming near...christmass gives me lots of different feelings...i remember..when i was a little..we are so poor..cant afford to buy new clothes even in christmass..no new shoe..to think that im was born and living in marikina that time...one christmass...i dont have new dress..and i cried silently..coz i dont want my mother to see me crying...i pray to god to make magic..that when i wake up in the morning..new dress is there in my side..eve is getting near..but still.. god dint make magic..and i was about to give up..and accept that ..this year..is not my christmass..then grandma came to my surprised..she bought me a colorful one piece...wala sa uso..but it give me so much happiness...and ..i realized that..god..also loving me...and im thanking my grandma..she made my christmass..christma ss is evey kids dreams..now that im grown up.and a mom now..this is the time..to turn back the blessing.. not only on christmass day but every step of lifeto my grandma..and to eveyone...Marry christmass in advance...and happy birthday**JESUS**

Cute naman nang experience mo one christmas on your childhood days.

As a child then, I feel christmas as something magical and exciting. It creates a very deep feeling and tinggles to the bone. Specifically during Noche Buana where all are gathered to feast and celebrate.While waiting for a few suspense moments before going to living room near christmas tree and wait for the call if you have present or none. But greater feeling of joy spring more when you see faces of people appreciating your simple gift or just your presence and thoughtfulness.

76 days more to go! May kriskringgle ba?

Stacie Fil

11-14-2005, 10:23 PM

Haaaaay aaaang lamiiiig. Ang sarap matulog at mag-babad sa higaan.:sleep:
Mula bukas, 40 tulog na lang, "PASKO Naaaa!"

Nakakainggit yung mga uuwi sa Pinas for the holidays. Best wishes to all !

depp

11-15-2005, 11:13 AM

x-mas?nakaka-miss ang x-mas sa pilipinas.ang simbang-gabi,ang christmas light sa kalsada.abala na naman ang mga barangay sa imus sa pagkakabit.ang sarap mag-drive sa gabi,makikita mo ang ibat-ibang x-mas lights.hay,sarap umuwi.:)

Goku

11-15-2005, 01:25 PM

para sa akin ang Pasko ay ang araw na aking pinakahihintay dahilan sa maraming dapat ipagsaya...

- ang kapanganakan ng taga pagligtas (wag na nating pag debatehan ito pagkat mismong ang mga maestro na nag-aral ng napakatagal ay ito ang sinasabi tayo pa kayang may ilan taon lang nagbasa ng bibliya - malamang maraming babalik na comment rito )
- ito ang panahon para ang isat isa sa pamilya ay magkasama-sama lalo na yung mga matagal ng di nagkikita ng mahabang panahon
- ito ang panahon pagbibigayan kung di natin nakaugaliang magbigay kung di Pasko

PEACE TO ALL!

kisha57

11-15-2005, 06:00 PM

for me it`s always been a "Family Gathering"
Tuwing pasko dapat laging kumpleto ang pamilya.
There have been no excuses.Kahit konting oras lang.
Unlike sa pinas maraming pamilya kaya pwede excuses.
Dito we've been celebrating it for five years and wish it for always.
:)

mossimo

11-15-2005, 06:15 PM

for me it`s always been a "Family Gathering"
Tuwing pasko dapat laging kumpleto ang pamilya.
There have been no excuses.Kahit konting oras lang.
Unlike sa pinas maraming pamilya kaya pwede excuses.
Dito we've been celebrating it for five years and wish it for always.
:)

korek....kami rin..unfortunately medyo hirap makumpleto ngayon kase may kanya-kanya na sila family sa ibang bansa.

docomo

11-16-2005, 04:53 PM

... I feel blessed that I have the people around me... My family that is complete for Christmas .. I cannot ask for a better gift and which I do think a meaningful meaning for Christmas...:)

Little Johnny

11-16-2005, 05:37 PM

... I feel blessed that I have the people around me... My family that is complete for Christmas .. I cannot ask for a better gift and which I do think a meaningful meaning for Christmas...:)

haaaaayyyy... inggit ako.....:( for the first tym kasi, i'll be away from my family on christmas... first christmas pa nman sana with my baby.... haaaayyyy talaga. i feel like crying :cry:

docomo

11-16-2005, 06:33 PM

haaaaayyyy... inggit ako.....:( for the first tym kasi, i'll be away from my family on christmas... first christmas pa nman sana with my baby.... haaaayyyy talaga. i feel like crying :cry:

.... drama mo ..eh panalo ka naman sa chika :D :p

Little Johnny

11-16-2005, 06:39 PM

.... drama mo ..eh panalo ka naman sa chika :D :p

di ko gets... wat do u mean? during the EB ba o yung mga nangyari afterwards....oooppp sss!:shutup: erase erase erase!!!!!:D

marjie

11-16-2005, 06:41 PM

di ko gets... wat do u mean? during the EB ba o yung mga nangyari afterwards....oooppp sss!:shutup: erase erase erase!!!!!:D

baket?meron ba?lolz!ikaw talaga LJ...ay ewan !:D

makulit

11-16-2005, 06:46 PM

what happened afterwards?

docomo

11-16-2005, 06:47 PM

what happened afterwards?

ganito yon makulit ...9808-^70856^7^6-56 tisimis ko sa yo :D

makulit

11-16-2005, 06:53 PM

ganito yon makulit ...9808-^70856^7^6-56 tisimis ko sa yo :D

LOL ganon pala ang nangyari .... :D

tfcfan

11-16-2005, 06:54 PM

X'mas reminds me of life in the philippines,
bday ni jesus,simbang gabi,shopping,exchan ging gifts and cards,masasayang mga mukha:) :) :)

Stacie Fil

11-16-2005, 07:16 PM

I remember. I used to watch the children/carollers in our place. Can't help laughing when children in big group would suddenly break in smaller groups if they learn that the next house are giving to carollers. Then they would sometimes argue whose team should go first. Sometimes after they all finish, they would regroup to make a new team by mixing each other, even their clothes,ha,ha,ha!

Another time, naluha ako sa katatawa. There was an old man with guitar and harmonica singing carols house to house. I was watching him until its turn to sing infront of our home. Siguro dahil na rin sa pagod, or naguluhan conciously knowing I was there or hoping na wag siyang ma pass/patawad. Bigla yung intro nang kanta niya, then he pause. He realize ha was singging "La Bamba" and not cristmas song. Anyway he just continue to finish the song,seeing that the crowd and I was enjoying/laughing at his entertainment.

Extra trivia;

THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
People often think of the Twelve Days of Christmas as the days preceding the festival.
Actually, Christmas is a season of the Christian Year that last for twelve days beginning December 25 and lasting until January 6, the Day of Epiphany when the church celebrates the revelation of Christ as the light of the world and recalls the journey of the Magi.
From 1558 until 1829, Roman Catholics in England were not allowed to practice their faith openly. During that era, someone wrote The Twelve Days of Christmas・as a kind of secret catechism that could be sung in public without risk of persecution.
The song has two levels of interpretation ・the surface meaning plus a hidden meaning known only to members of the church.
Each element in the carol is a code word for a religious reality.

The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus Christ.
The two turtledoves are the Old and New Testament.
Three French hens stand for faith, hope and love.
The four calling birds are the four Gospels.
The five gold rings recall the Torah (Law), the first five books of the Old Testament.
The six geese-a-laying stand for the six days of creation.
Seven swans-a-swimming represent the sevenfold gifts of the Spirit.
The eight maids-a-milking are the eight beatitudes.
Nine ladies dancing are the nine fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5).
Ten lords a-leaping are the Ten Commandments.
Eleven pipers-piping stand for the eleven faithful disciples.
Twelve drummers drumming symbolize the 12 points of believe in the Apostles Creed. There you have it, the HIDDEN meaning of The Twelve Days of Christmas・and the secret behind the song.

docomo

11-16-2005, 07:22 PM

I have no idea... nauna po akong umuwi sa inyong lahat ... mga shenglot kayo:D :p

Dax

12-06-2006, 03:41 PM

Here is another thread worth reviving. Malapit na naman ang pasko. :)

sensei

12-06-2006, 03:55 PM

Christmas...
time for caroling nung bata pa, libutin ang buong Las Pinas, makatanggap ng piso bawat bahay.Tapos pag uwi ang saya saya...kahit nakakapagod.

Merriest Christmas...
is to be with the whole family :christmas smiley: :halo:

japina

12-06-2006, 05:40 PM

christmas for me is for the children. kasi this is the time of the year kung saan sila nakakatanggap ng mga regalo at mga pamasko. at ang mga bata maliit man o malaki ang matanggap nila, pera man ito o laruan na appreciate nila. lalo na yun mga batang kapos dito rin sila nakakatanggap ng mga donations galing church and local municipality nila. ang sarap ng pasko tulad ko kahit walang kapalit kusa talaga ako nag bibigay ng mga regalo. dahil para sa akin iba ang kasiyahan na matatanggap ko sa mga ngiti ng mga bata.

pineapple

12-06-2006, 06:53 PM

christmas for me is sharing love... as the song says.."give love on christmas day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?[yt=hjWlh8uiHCw])":)

mOtt_erU

12-10-2006, 12:47 AM

para saken ang Pasko ay para sa Lahat.....
mayaman man o mahirap.....matanda man o BATA......:) :p

fremsite

12-10-2006, 12:52 AM

Christmas is ~~~~ sharing .......... and love .......... :)

wolfgang

12-10-2006, 12:59 AM

ang pasko ay sumapit...nyahahah pasko namimili ang mommy ko nang mga panregalo para sa araw nang pasko at itong king daddy gumagawa nang christmas tree sasabitan ko naman nang laruan at mga kendi....:dowave:
pero para sa akin pasko ay araw nang paggunita sa tunay na kahulugan nito:confused:

Chibi

12-10-2006, 01:09 AM

ang pasko ay sumapit...nyahahah pasko namimili ang mommy ko nang mga panregalo para sa araw nang pasko at itong king daddy gumagawa nang christmas tree sasabitan ko naman nang laruan at mga kendi....:dowave:
pero para sa akin pasko ay araw nang paggunita sa tunay na kahulugan nito:confused:
ahahhahhahaha!ano nga ba prend???
forgiving???sharing? ??basta saken....give luv on christmas day....beso beso nahhh!!!:D Gift mo saken??:p

mamimo

12-10-2006, 08:48 PM

Christmas for me is time for spiritual reflection, time for giving and time to reunite with family:)

joeblack

12-10-2006, 09:15 PM

Christmas for me is time for spiritual reflection, time for giving and time to reunite with family:)

For me, christmas is remembering, sharing, giving, loving, and forgiving..... During this days where we remember our friends near or far by sending christmas messages, sharing our experiences, giving gifts to our Godchildren, show our loved to our dearest ones, and forgiving those whom we have had misunderstandings... .
In general, christmas is remembering the coming of Christ; the " Savior of Mankind ......

Stacie Fil

12-10-2006, 09:25 PM

Haaaay, naririyan na naman yung masasarap na putahe...

Saaaarap matulog hanggang tanghale. Walang pasok,he,he,he!

Parol, dekorasyon at linis nang bahay for the holidays.

Shuuuu, wag kayong maingay, may larong taguang pung ang mga Ninong, Ninang at mga inaanak.:D

:bonk: :biglaugh: :tongue:

fortminor

12-10-2006, 09:25 PM

christmas for me is eating fried chicken and christmas cake...yun lang...ang lungkot no???

Stacie Fil

12-13-2006, 05:59 PM

christmas for me is eating fried chicken and christmas cake...yun lang...ang lungkot no???

Not really, if you can think of your love one while doing those. Most specially counting your blessings, for there are those who has none.

coolet

12-13-2006, 06:03 PM

christmas: is the most important with us.love,sharing.ect is the best way to feel our feeling to one another. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL..............

<small>This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.</small>