- Topic: What’s this?
- Textbook Name: Let’s Try 1
- Unit Number: Unit 8
I find this unit to be the easiest and most enjoyable to teach because of the great materials that are readily available on the internet. But…, I’m sure there’s room for more!
As you go through the game, you can lightly explain when “a” or “an” is used, and also the concept of countable and uncountable nouns (e.g., “a cake” as against just “pizza” when it’s just a slice, or just “corn” and not “a corn”).
How to play:
- Start the slideshow and let the animation introducing the game play out. Then click the “Start” button that appears to begin the game.
- Click on the submarine icon to “activate” the periscope. (Clicking the icon will repeat the motion.)
- To reveal the answer, of course, click on the “Answer” button.
- Click the “Next” button to go to the next slide.
- The “Game Over” slide marks the end of the game. Press the escape (Esc) button on your computer to quit the game.
How to use the template slide:
- Duplicate the template slide. (I know but just a reminder: Don’t forget to erase the word template.)
- On the duplicated slide, insert the picture you want to use and adjust the size accordingly. (Make sure that the slide’s gridlines are showing to give you a framework.)
- Right click on the picture then choose Send to Back.
- Write the answer on (ANSWER HERE).
- Move the edited slide anywhere above the GAME OVER slide and you’re set.
Please let me know should you encounter any glitches or difficulties. This is a new game that I made so your feedback is very much appreciated.
What’s this (Periscope).pptx (13.7 MB)