Chairs and leaves

reon

11-24-2004, 07:51 PM

This is not my picture, but a friend’s; he probably took it from the balcony of his dorm. Everything in the photo – the green and yellow leaves on the trees, the red and brown leaves on the ground, the wet wood, the three empty chairs, even the tiny white spots made by raindrops on the camera lens – conveys the mood of lonely autumn. A very nice shot.

reon

jonz

11-26-2004, 09:24 PM

Dear Reon, har har har Japanese ka na ah…Anyway, this is Ellen…thanks for posting my picture of
the grounds below our dormitory room in Ichinoya…This was taken a year ago during autumn…You are right… I was intrigued by the play of different shades of fall that unexpectedly took shape below our window and I was struck by how forlorn and at the same time , so poetically right it all seemed…
The 3 chairs incidentally was put there by boys a long time ago, including our son Patrick…serendipi ty it is…i love that word…just not sure what it exactly means…just things falling into place in unexpected moments i guess just like that spot in the timeframe of that season…and i was lucky i was able to capture it and freeze it for all eternity in one shot…

daddy_b

11-29-2004, 09:36 PM

Aba, Ellen! You’re supposed to be anonymous! hehe… Anyway, I was kinda surprised that you’re the one who took this shot. Great composition! I never knew you had the artistic eye. Surprise! surprise! You should go around more with your digital camera, and post more of those kind of shots here.

Regards to your family!

daddy_b

chameleon

12-09-2004, 09:22 AM

aha Daddy B. your chosen camouflage name sure indicates an impending grand event that will surely change your world for the better of course…those genes should not be wasted u know…omedetou in advance…

roy

12-09-2004, 07:30 PM

Nice pic, jonz. :thumb:

chameleon

12-13-2004, 01:49 PM

Hello…Pwede pong paki-create ng box or venue for exchanging ideas on good books to read ? For example, sino ang nakabasa na ng The Da Vinci Code - its too good to miss daw. Have read 2 of only 4 books in circulation of the author Dan Brown -really unputdownable tomes...Angels and Demons (prequel of The Da Vinci Code ) and Digital Fortress but I would love to be able to read the most popular one The Da Vinci Code`…Does anybody where one can find a copy or which bookstore? Thanks…

Chameleon

Paul

12-13-2004, 09:43 PM

hi chameleon,

palagay ko pwede ka na lang mag-gawa ng topic sa Arts & Entertainment section.
tungkol naman sa ‘The Da Vinci Code’, meron akong e-book kaya lang hindi ko pa nababasa. medyo nalilimita sa mga journal at research papers ang pagbabasa ko ngayon kasi, e. anyway, kung gusto mo ng hard copy, pwede kang bumili sa Amazon Japan, 1,331 yen para paperback edition (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/0552149519/qid=1102941622/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/249-6110569-0186744) at 2,278 yen para sa hardcover edition (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/0385504209/qid=1102941748/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_10_2/249-6110569-0186744).

daddy_b

12-14-2004, 01:02 PM

Hi Chameleon,

Since you’re from Tsukuba, you might want to check out the University of Tsukuba (Maruzen) bookstore. There are copies there of the The Da Vinci Code. I have a copy myself but I haven’t really started reading it yet. I have read the first 5 or so pages already about two weeks back, but up to now, I still can’t forget what I had read. I was afraid though that if I continued reading, I might not be able to put the book down, despite some other pressing deadlines. Will read it though during the winter break.

daddy_b

reon

12-23-2004, 06:49 PM

hi chameleon,

da vinci code… hmm… lagi ko yatang na-i-encounter yang da vinci code na yan (meron sa isang thread (http://www.timog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39&highlight=vinci) sa TF, in fact) pero hindi ko pa nababasa (walang oras, puro non-fiction at short stories lang ang nababasa ko ngayon). di bale, hahanap ako ng kopya at ibu-book review ko (in one or two paragraphs, hehe).

maybe goldhorse here, can do one. ^_^;

hi paul,

meron din akong ebook (“The Blind Watchmaker”) pero binasa ko lang ang ilang pages at naisip ko na kung interested ka talaga sa isang libro, bumili ka na lang ng isang paperback, mas madaling basahin. masakit sa mata ang ilang oras na nakatingin sa isang parte lang ng screen.

hi daddy_b,

meron sa maruzen pero meron din yata sa tsukuba public library kung hindi ako nagkakamali, para sa mga nagtitipid na tao. hindi ko lang alam kung naka-checkout.

reon

chameleon

12-24-2004, 09:30 AM

herro reon,Wala akong nakita sa library ,siguro masyadong in-demand but sa mga fans ni Dan Brown ,me included, meron doong Angels and Demons ( prequel ng Da Vinci Code ) at saka ang kanyang Digital Fortress…And Deception Point lang at saka itong Da Vinci Code ang medyo elusive sa akin. Anyway, may Da Vinci Code yata sa bookstores but so far, Japanese version lang ang nakita ko. You have to order from the internet…plugging ba ito sa Amazon.com…anyone…

But guys, I think from what I have read so far ( 2 of 4 novels in circulation), this novelist has impressed me very much with his thoroughness in research, pacing and all the makings of a good movie captured inside a paperback.It is really dramatic and enthralling to say the least. He is like a Robert Ludlum incarnate except that his topics are more historical and also scientific.If you like sci-fis, am reading now Michael Crichton`s " Prey" on nanorobots out to get man, the creator.An easy read…

Merry Christmas.

Chameleon

reon

12-25-2004, 10:27 AM

“herro reon” :hihi:

naging book discussion na itong “Chairs and leaves”, hehe. naisip ko tuloy na matagal na pala akong hindi nakakabasa ng libro. pareho pala ang nagsulat ng Digital Fortress at Da Vinci Code? binasa ko ang ilang chapters ng Digital Fortress pero hindi ko natapos dahil nawala ako sa gitna at biglang nabalik na pala ulit sa library. pero okey naman.

lately maraming libro sa bahay si anne rice of the vampire series fame (puro galing sa library). binabasa ko lang yung back cover, synopsis at mga reviews, hehe. teka, ano ba’ng last na libro na nabasa ko? A Hot Country (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0140188347/qid=1103936797/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-0772573-9984929?v=glance&s=books) siguro dahil manipis lang. at Beyond the Sky and the Earth (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/157322815X/qid=1103937652/sr=2-1/102-0772573-9984929?v=glance&s=books) dahil maganda. nabili ko nga pala sa fleamarket sa church yung dalawa, for 50 yen each.

jonz

12-25-2004, 12:30 PM

Aba, i never thought that u had the stomach for all that blood and gore in Anne Rices vampire series..ha ha..biro lang po ...anyway, if anybody wants CSI -like novels ,try award-winning Patricia Cornwells Kay Scarpetta series…on crime scene investigations …very detailed and accurate such as Body of Evidence, All That Remains, etc…really fascinating, realistically tooled tomes…:stuck_out_tongue:

reon

12-25-2004, 04:48 PM

Aba, i never thought that u had the stomach for all that blood and gore in Anne Rice`s vampire series…ha ha…

ang totoo wala pa akong nababasang anne rice na novel, nakakalat lang sa bahay at iba ang nagbabasa :smiley: meron nga palang ginawang thread si Paul sa Arts & Entertainment section para sa mga mahilig magbasa: Now reading (http://www.timog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150 )…

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.