Free international call to Philippines and anywhere on planet Earth

pcbuildersam

09-19-2005, 11:38 PM

No more phone cards folks! Now that you are reading this means that you belong to the HI TECh world. No more mendoksay card with a whole bunch of numbers to punch.
Go to SKYPE.com and follow the instructions from there. Go there now and talk to anywhere on planet Earth for free. Don’t forget you heard it first from… pcbuildersam.:type:
Don’t forget to read my monthly column in KMC magazine and Jeepney Press.What else ;it is all about computer. :D:rolleyes:

ganda_girl89

09-20-2005, 12:37 AM

hmmmm…

Paul

09-20-2005, 11:37 AM

nope, didn’t hear it from you first… been using it since it came out… and no, you can’t call anyone anywhere on the planet for free… please, clarify the information you’re posting because people may be misled by it.

v_wrangler

09-20-2005, 12:54 PM

nope, didn’t hear it from you first… been using it since it came out… and no, you can’t call anyone anywhere on the planet for free… please, clarify the information you’re posting because people may be misled by it.

For those who don’t know, Skype allows you to call any online computer for free, a call to a landline or celphone requires a fee though. Infos at www.skype.com

crispee

09-20-2005, 06:54 PM

I am using Chikka (http://www.chikka.com), text for free from a PC to cellphones in the philippines.

Hi Vertex! Nice to see you back. :toast:

@pcbuildersam
Yes, KMC Magazine. I know i read your name somewhere. Welcome to TF:tiphat:

shyboy

09-20-2005, 07:13 PM

tried skype before pero malabo ang reception ng fon sa pinas. di nga ako marinig. pano ba dapat gawin para maging clear ang reception nila sa pinas? tama si crispee, libre kung pc to pc pero may fee kung pc to fon or vice versa.

shyboy

09-20-2005, 07:14 PM

sorry i meant v_wrangler

v_wrangler

09-20-2005, 07:49 PM

tried skype before pero malabo ang reception ng fon sa pinas. di nga ako marinig. pano ba dapat gawin para maging clear ang reception nila sa pinas? tama si crispee, libre kung pc to pc pero may fee kung pc to fon or vice versa.

I haven’t tried calling a landline or celphone via skype - for pc to pc calls, I haven’t had any audio reception problems to date. Kumusta na crispee - welcome back din! Kumusta na si junior?

betsyboo

09-20-2005, 08:20 PM

I am using Chikka (http://www.chikka.com), text for free from a PC to cellphones in the philippines.

@pcbuildersam
Yes, KMC Magazine. I know i read your name somewhere. Welcome to TF:tiphat:

Hi Crispee,

Im using chikka jp for free too from my mobile phone to mobile phones to the Philippines and the U.S......you have to register though...its still free :slight_smile: The recipients of the text messages youll send will just pay P2.50 per message sent from the Philippines and 20 cents from the states for both sending & receiving ( I dont know the rates from other countries but its easy to inquire...they give fast responses). chikka japans service is just cool…you even get a feedback of the texts you sent if it was received or not, right after :slight_smile: . Our email messages will appear as texts in their phones. So the addy for the recipient in the Philippines, sort of goes like this 6391xxxxxxxx@chikka. co.jp

Tried sending messages thru chikka and yahoo from my pc but they dont sometimes get my replies and vice versa. Havent experience any probs here at chikka japan …so far:D …so it`s OK, for me.

puting tainga

09-20-2005, 08:36 PM

Well, I’m using skype and Yahoo! Messenger together.
I used to use Chika but stopped it after several troubles.

PC to PC lang.

I think the most important thing is to let your family and yourself believe that “no news is good news.”

Unless it is extremely important, regular mail or e-mail is sufficiant.

crister

09-20-2005, 08:49 PM

actually depende sa connection nila sa pinas, if they are using dial up connection, malimit talaga mag karoon ng reception problem. however kung ADSL ang connection wala naman problema.

i’m also a Chikka TXT and YM user, lalo na nung nagrelease ng version 7 ang YM

betsyboo

09-20-2005, 09:03 PM

Well, I’m using skype and Yahoo! Messenger together.
I used to use Chika but stopped it after several troubles.

PC to PC lang.

I think the most important thing is to let your family and yourself believe that “no news is good news.”

Unless it is extremely important, regular mail or e-mail is sufficiant.

hey puting tainga…nice to meet you :slight_smile: nice to know youre contented in using skype & yahoo messenger...but I dont agree in what you mentioned…" no news is good news"…I wonder what your news are anyway and whom youre dealing with...if youre dealing with your family then I think whether its good or bad its still news . If youre contented with just regular mails or e-mails, as you said, its sufficient…well, thats fine...individual differences :rolleyes: but I just want to emphasize that what you just mentioned " I think the most important thing is to let your family and yourself believe that " no news is good news.".....is CRAZY :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you just send messages to your family and friends for news?! Dont you greet them just to say " Hi " or ask them how they`re doing? It shows how a person care for her/his loved ones . Give a little love, dearie :love: :kiss:

mquial

09-20-2005, 10:10 PM

I’ve been using ym and chikka to send text messages sa Pinas but lately, nag-realese ng yahoo messenger with voice, it is like skype, free PC-to-PC calls anywhere in the world, the reception is quite clear and you can also leave messages when the PC is offline. OK na rin because it is free hehehe

betong

09-20-2005, 10:31 PM

Wait a minute I hear the sound of the 80’s coming back… Oh yes, the bells are ringing and this is the tydings it brings:
http://www.nerdgirl.com/images/uploads/gnu4.jpg

To listen to what he is saying click the following link:
http://www.thegreatspacecoa ster.com/sound/mp1.htm

I agree with BetsyBoo that you just need to say hi and hear somebody familiar from time to time.
And PutingTainga, well I guess that you’re just being true to your handle name huh. Puting Tainga, you sure are.:stuck_out_tongue:

betsyboo

09-20-2005, 10:43 PM

I’ve been using ym and chikka to send text messages sa Pinas but lately, nag-realese ng yahoo messenger with voice, it is like skype, free PC-to-PC calls anywhere in the world, the reception is quite clear and you can also leave messages when the PC is offline. OK na rin because it is free hehehe

hi mquial:) me too, im using ym with voice,chikka, icq & aim to send messages..pc to pc ...for my cellphone to cellphone, im using chikka japan…free pa rin :slight_smile: b/c sometimes we have to get or send messages to people without computers so at least puede na rin to get in touch with them .

kathy

09-21-2005, 08:42 AM

nope, didn’t hear it from you first… been using it since it came out… and no, you can’t call anyone anywhere on the planet for free… please, clarify the information you’re posting because people may be misled by it. i agree w/ paul coz ive been using SKYPE since january this year…& its only free when u call pc to pc & u have to pay when calling landline & cellphone!its good calling other countries but in phils. line is not clear ,maybe bcoz dial-up kase mostly sa atin!mas ok pa rin yahoo ( esp. the new messenger w/ voice) & the msn messenger!but even we use all this things iba pa rin talaga yung tawag sa phone kase nanay ko galit sa pc haha…lalo na pag nagpupuyat mga sis ko sa kakachat kase di na ko makakontak sa phone pag online sila!sanay pa naman ako tumawag sa bahay just to ask kung ano ulam nila for the day haha:p im crazy …:smiley:

lenske

09-21-2005, 09:18 PM

naku pangit ang skype:p ive been using kaaza plus for music download at andon kac yan…i dont liked it…hehehe sorry…

goldhorse

09-21-2005, 09:53 PM

Try sipphone. You can test the voice quality because they give you 5 minutes free call every 24 hours. (landline only) http://www.sipphone.com

sweetiebabe76

10-23-2005, 11:06 PM

Hello,yung sinasabi ni buildersam ang skype is pc to pc lang yan.Gumagamit rin ako nyan b4 pero ngayon ang gamit ko international chikka at yahoo messenger pwede rin magpc call dito.

gabby

10-23-2005, 11:21 PM

I have tried it and never like it. I deleted it right away.

docomo

10-24-2005, 01:21 PM

I have tried it and never like it. I deleted it right away.

ano pong ni-try nyo at ano pong ayaw nyo …paki specify po :slight_smile:

ssk

01-16-2006, 01:35 AM

[quote=crispee]I am using Chikka (http://www.chikka.com), text for free from a PC to cellphones in the philippines.

@pcbuildersam
Yes, KMC Magazine. I know i read your name somewhere. Welcome to TF:tiphat:[/quote

hello i heard narin dati yang free chikka textbut i dont know how to subscribe pls teach me nman.wala bang additional bayad yan sa monthly bill ng ketai ko.

thanks

Paul

01-16-2006, 10:43 AM

Here’s a new player in the VOIP scene. VoipStunt (http://www.voipstunt.com/en/index.html)

Free PC-to-Landline calls to selected countries. I’ve tried it and it works! Made calls to the UK and Japan. Unfortunately, the Philippines is not included in the list of countries to which you can make free calls :(. But you can still use it to make calls to landline phones in Japan for free :).

v_wrangler

01-16-2006, 11:57 AM

Here’s a new player in the VOIP scene. VoipStunt (http://www.voipstunt.com/en/index.html)

Free PC-to-Landline calls to selected countries. I’ve tried it and it works! Made calls to the UK and Japan. Unfortunately, the Philippines is not included in the list of countries to which you can make free calls :(. But you can still use it to make calls to landline phones in Japan for free :).

Thanks for the links Paul! That was cool!
BTW, Skype Ver 2 is now out. They now offer webcam support just like Yahoo’s Messenger.

docomo

01-16-2006, 12:39 PM

ay ang galeeng… katuwa naman may mga ganitong free …subukan ko yan … thanks for the info Paul :slight_smile:

depp

01-16-2006, 04:24 PM

wow,ang galing nito,Paul.thanks.
matatawagan ko na ang anak ko for free pag walang internet connection sa hotel na tinutuluyan nya.sobrang KSP kasi ng baby damulag ko na yun e.:smiley:

pip

01-16-2006, 09:42 PM

Hey Thanks Paul for the link. Was able to talk to people in Hong Kong and Canada. Libre pa tawag ko sa Japan!
This is really cool!

:smiley:

ssk

01-17-2006, 11:33 PM

hello crispee onegai naman,nakapagdownloa d na po ako ng chikka text,nkapagtext naman ako ang problem ko saan ko kaya mababasa kung nagreply na yung tinext ko sa pilipinas?
:slight_smile: advance thank you

ssk

01-18-2006, 01:11 AM

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

tower23ph

01-18-2006, 03:02 AM

bakit po yung akin ayw gumana ng chikka pag gusto kong mag send ng txt may lumalabas na error

Paul

01-18-2006, 02:01 PM

@ssk and tower23ph

You might find your answers on this thread (http://www.timog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201 0).

docomo

01-18-2006, 02:35 PM

Hey Thanks Paul for the link. Was able to talk to people in Hong Kong and Canada. Libre pa tawag ko sa Japan!
This is really cool!

:smiley:

… Pip ok diba, mas ok na to :wink: … ( mabilis pa talaga pinoy sa alas kwatro basta libre hihihi) …naputol nung una … siguro mga 8 minutes ko ng nagagamit… inulit ko lang ok na ulet … :slight_smile:

thermometer

01-18-2006, 11:01 PM

… Pip ok diba, mas ok na to :wink: … ( mabilis pa talaga pinoy sa alas kwatro basta libre hihihi) …naputol nung una … siguro mga 8 minutes ko ng nagagamit… inulit ko lang ok na ulet … :slight_smile:
magkno charge pag bumili ng credit…per dollar ba…

docomo

01-19-2006, 05:48 PM

magkno charge pag bumili ng credit…per dollar ba…

libre po ito … through p.c therms :stuck_out_tongue:

depp

01-19-2006, 05:51 PM

libre po ito … through p.c therms :stuck_out_tongue:

bakit sa akin,napuputol?di ba napuputol sa inyo?dapat daw bumili muna ng credit para sa unlimited calls.

docomo

01-19-2006, 06:18 PM

bakit sa akin,napuputol?di ba napuputol sa inyo?dapat daw bumili muna ng credit para sa unlimited calls.

ulitin mo lang depp… ok naman sa aken … si crispee din pinagpraktisan nya na din yan ok naman … malinaw :slight_smile:

depp

01-20-2006, 08:11 AM

ulitin mo lang depp… ok naman sa aken … si crispee din pinagpraktisan nya na din yan ok naman … malinaw :slight_smile:

ok,thanks docomo…:smiley:

ssk

01-20-2006, 09:03 AM

thanks s lahat nagagamit ko na ng maayos yung chikka text using my pc,at mabilis ang reply sa pinas
:slight_smile:

pip

01-20-2006, 01:30 PM

ho doc! ako din nung una naputol at sinabing my free call test was over but the next day when i got the email confirmation ok na ulit. yup, malinaw talaga at libre pa!
now i can call japan anytime from the philippines…:smiley:
bigay nyo yung landline nos nyo para makatawag…hehehe… .bye!

ssk

01-20-2006, 08:17 PM

paki explain nga sakin paki explain naman po sakin kung magkano yung voipstunt kung cellphone ang tatawagan sa pilipinas converting by yen,pag po b dinownload yun at pilipinas ang tatawagan free lng ang download?saka nakalagay kasi dun ang kung tatawagan mo is cellphone sa ang presyo ehh something lessthan 20 per minutes yata,saan pong pera yung 20 na yon?_cyensya d ko alam e:D thanks

maytatsu

01-21-2006, 12:48 AM

sali ako dito hehe

tried VoipStunt (http://www.voipstunt.com/en/index.html) pero like sabi ni depp naputol right after sa free calls then we need to buy credits na. and sabi naman ni pip naubos din free calls nya but the next day he got a confirmation ok na ulit mmm now ill wait tom kung may confirmation at magamit ko ulit or else i need to buy credits (5 or 10 pound) para magamit ang unlimited free calls :wink:

agitto

01-21-2006, 03:53 PM

thanks sa info , i tried it too and have a chance to talk to my friend in switzerland.
very clear ang linya… salamat po ng marami sa pag share nyo ng site.

mai

05-26-2006, 09:01 PM

sir paul… ask ko lang po tungkol sa skype yung free call pc to pc nila. pagginagamit ko kase every 5 minutes po napuputol yung connection ng tawag. ganun po ba talaga ang skype o nagagamit po ba ang free call pc to pc ng skype ng tuloy tuloy…? or isa din kaya ang dahilan na mahina ang connection ng kausap ko eh mapuputol at mapuputol din…

snoopy^_^

06-23-2006, 02:16 AM

I’m looking for site where i can call international for no cost but wala akong makita, any advise at least cheaper than kddi or other international cards and at least mahaba like most of my friend from latin america for 1000 yen 1 hour or more sila pwedeng makapagusap bakit ba ang igsi lang ng minuto pagtawag sa atin? anyway back in the phil. i used to call international by dial-up site, i’m not sure kung yung internet cafe nagbabayad ng mothly fee .any idea where i can call pinas from pc to mobile in a cheaper way ???

bulakenia

06-24-2006, 11:05 AM

No more phone cards folks! Now that you are reading this means that you belong to the HI TECh world. No more mendoksay card with a whole bunch of numbers to punch.
Go to SKYPE.com and follow the instructions from there. Go there now and talk to anywhere on planet Earth for free. Don’t forget you heard it first from… pcbuildersam.:type:
Don’t forget to read my monthly column in KMC magazine and Jeepney Press.What else ;it is all about computer. :D:rolleyes:
Its nice to give this information to other members. Your right, because i used SKYPE ever. Tipid and convinient. You can saw them pa, f may webcam:type: .
More info pa, ok?
Thanks…

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.