Help, need phone card for Europe!

betong

09-06-2005, 08:47 PM

Hello muli sa lahat ng mga TFers!

I was in this department store going through these little food stalls where you can taste their goods for free (I’m a huge sucker for free stuff) when this lady came to ask where I came from and where my family was. Then she said (out of nowhere) that I should call my Mom even just to say hi. She added that just hearing my voice would make her happy, I don’t even have to stay on line for long. Touched by what she saiid, I recently called to say hi to the whole fam:) . The bill for my short call was around 3000yen for what I thought was less than 5 minutes.:eek:
Does somebody know of any card or deal I can use to call Switzerland (Geneva) for a reasonable price. When I was there, I was calling Japan for around 800 yen per 140 minutes with this special card. Is there anything like that here?

Maraming salamat po!:cool:

ganda_girl89

09-06-2005, 09:02 PM

try skype…2.3 yen per min to switzerland.

http://www.skype.com/helloagain.html

betong

09-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Ang ganda naman ng impormasyon na ito;) .

How do can you acquire this skype, and what is it? Is it a card I can buy or a service I should subscribe for. I’ve heard about this skype, some friends have been asking me to be get an ear phone and microphone to talk to people via the net through skype. Is it the same thing?

makulit

09-06-2005, 09:10 PM

Hello muli sa lahat ng mga TFers!

I was in this department store going through these little food stalls where you can taste their goods for free (I’m a huge sucker for free stuff) when this lady came to ask where I came from and where my family was. Then she said (out of nowhere) that I should call my Mom even just to say hi. She added that just hearing my voice would make her happy, I don’t even have to stay on line for long. Touched by what she saiid, I recently called to say hi to the whole fam:) . The bill for my short call was around 3000yen for what I thought was less than 5 minutes.:eek:
Does somebody know of any card or deal I can use to call Switzerland (Geneva) for a reasonable price. When I was there, I was calling Japan for around 800 yen per 140 minutes with this special card. Is there anything like that here?

Maraming salamat po!:cool:

Hi Betong.

Yahoo BB - 23 yens per minute
Brastel - 12 yens per minute

For Phone cards, you can check www.baticrom.com
I dont actually know which one is good for calling Switzerland so better email them or call and inquire.

I have no connection with Baticrom. Just a very satisfied customer :slight_smile:

Hope above helps.

betong

09-06-2005, 09:22 PM

Hi Makulit! How would you translate that to Japanese:hihi:

Checked out the site really quickly and saw some cards though the price per minute to a given country is not indicated. But I’ll try to figure it out and thanks for the site. Now I can shop for stuff without even moving my ass in a language I can understand:D .

makulit

09-06-2005, 09:38 PM

Hi Makulit! How would you translate that to Japanese:hihi:

Checked out the site really quickly and saw some cards though the price per minute to a given country is not indicated. But I’ll try to figure it out and thanks for the site. Now I can shop for stuff without even moving my ass in a language I can understand:D .

Hi Betong.

Hindi ko din alam sa Japanese ang Makulit :smiley:

I dont move my ass din when it comes to shopping. Lahat internet lang din. Sabi nga ng mister ko, for someone who can not speak and read japanese, am such an expert when it comes to shopping :smiley:

puting tainga

09-06-2005, 10:38 PM

There are several telephone companies dito sa Hapon, at ibat iba ang price, in accordance with the course, timezone, place you called, or minutes or seconds.
Talagang komplikado.
Also there are small companies selling murang international call cards.
Pero kahit anong course o cards, mas mahal kaysa sa internet based services.(Such as yahoo!, skype, chika, MSmessenger)

Ang payo ko sa iyo:
Don’t make overseas calls.
Use skype.

Also let your family know that no news is good news.

betong

09-06-2005, 10:46 PM

Don’t make overseas calls.
Use skype.

Also let your family know that no news is good news.
Thanks my furry white eared friend.
Yeah, they know that no news is news (reminds me of Gary Gnu - No gnus is good gnus with Gary Gnu. What show was that again?). They’re quite used to that from me. Especially when I’m travelling.
But you know, when melancholy settles in and you need familiar voices just to comfort you…

Stacie Fil

09-08-2005, 11:47 PM

[quote=betong]
(reminds me of Gary Gnu - No gnus is good gnus with Gary Gnu. What show was that again?).

Not very sure, but isn’t that from something like “Animal World”.

betong

09-08-2005, 11:51 PM

[quote=betong]
(reminds me of Gary Gnu - No gnus is good gnus with Gary Gnu. What show was that again?).

Not very sure, but isn’t that from something like “Animal World”.

This is Gary Gnu in the No Gnu’s is Good Gnu’s program. The only TV gnu’s program guaranteeeeeed to contain no gnu’s… whatsoever.

It’s from the Great Space Coaster.:stuck_out_tongue:

And for all those who answered (Ganda Girl 89, Makulit and Puting Tainga) thanks. I think I’ll skype home.

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.