'I love you' and 'I'm in love with you', what's the difference?

seanty

09-21-2005, 11:22 PM

hello, TF Friends! Is anyone can tell me the difference between I LOVE YOU and I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

crister

09-21-2005, 11:24 PM

I Love You - Mahal Kita

I’m in Love with You - may gusto ako sa iyo

mukhang mali ahhh…try lang naman.

betong

09-21-2005, 11:35 PM

I love you - Don’t foget to get some bread and milk on your way home.
http://www.timog.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/Old20Couple1.gif

I’m in love with you - My place or your place?

mquial

09-21-2005, 11:52 PM

I love you - is just telling what you feel to a person
Im in love with you - is describing what you feel because of that person (because of the word ‘with’)

If we’re talking of English grammar ‘I love you’ would be a statement in an active voice, while
‘Im in love with you’ would be a statement in passive voice. I might be wrong.

shyboy

09-22-2005, 12:45 AM

try ko lang ha sa sitwasyon na ginagamit,

i love you- ginagamit casually or repeatedly or kung alm nyo na(nalito rin ako sa sinabi ko)

im in love with you- kung magtatapat pa lang. usually once lang ginagamit.

yun lang hehe

puting tainga

09-22-2005, 03:17 AM

You can say I love you to your child, family, or church members, or to your pets.:slight_smile:

But you can say I am in love with you, only to someone you want to marry or at least be your girlfriend/boyfriend.:love: :kiss: :sweeties:

As for the grammar;(I may be wrong):confused:

“You are (being) loved by me” is in the passive voice of “I love you.”

“I am (being) in love with you”, is grammatically the same as saying "I am here. "
since “in love” is not a verb, (hence not past-perfect) this sentence is not in the passive voice, I think.:rolleyes:

(This must be my 100th post and I will be promoted? to Senior Member.
Note: Future postings will change my record here automatically.
I thank for the administrator and all the members of TF.
I love TF!)

prettylily_1203

09-22-2005, 03:41 AM

for me, it’s the same… as long as you’re in love…

mquial

09-22-2005, 03:41 AM

thank you for the correction

mquial

09-22-2005, 10:09 AM

tama ka ‘puting tainga’
nung binasa ko ulit mali nga ako
actually the word ‘love’ in ‘I love you’ is used as a verb while
‘in love’ in ‘Im in love with you’ is something like a noun-adjective
well thank you again for the correction

goodboy

09-22-2005, 03:04 PM

hello there! are you inlove? this is my personal point of view:

1. i love you - applicable for general use
  2. im inlove with you – this is more intimate and warm ( kilig to the bones ):kiss:

neblus

09-22-2005, 03:27 PM

or different perspective:

i love you — pwede ka pang iwanan… you hear this everyday!
i’m in love with you — ma-guilty na siyang iwanan ka!

seanty

09-22-2005, 04:20 PM

hello there! are you inlove? this is my personal point of view:

1. i love you - applicable for general use
  2. im inlove with you – this is more intimate and warm ( kilig to the bones ):kiss:
    nakakatuwa, kasi lang naisip ko lang naman po, na parang mas masarap marinig yung I’m in Love with you kesa sa I love you perse lang…parang mas sweet, mas kilig and parang super special ang dating, kaya I ask around you guys, kung do you share the same opinion as mine hehehehe LOVE KO KAYO!!! hehehe

crispee

09-22-2005, 11:30 PM

Ginagamit din ang “i love you” kung may gusto kang bilhin at yung “I’m in love with you” naman ay kung nararamdaman mo na parang ayaw kang pagbigyan sa gusto mong bilhin.

piNkAhOLiC

10-06-2005, 04:23 AM

hello, TF Friends! Is anyone can tell me the difference between I LOVE YOU and I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

People often say “I love you” to friends, family and loved one. . .To those people they deeply care for…

People say “Im in love with you” to the person who can make them weak on their knees, the person whom they want to be with hopefully for the rest of their lives:)

mahalkita

07-31-2006, 02:23 PM

Both are just words. Plain words. Does not mean anything if the speaker does not mean it.

mOtt_erU

08-31-2006, 01:28 AM

HI …for me kase…

I love you= eto yung tuwiran o diretsahan pagsasabi o pageexpress ng feelings mo sa salita para sa isang tao…

samantalang yung…

Im inlove- ito naman ang vice versa nung nauna..ito naman ang hindi straight way ng pagsasabi ng feelings...pwede kaseng" parang nagkekwento ka lang sa kaibigan o kakilala mo na --alam mo Im inlove with ___"…

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.