Middle class relocating abroad for work--experts

han

10-20-2005, 08:22 PM

Middle class relocating abroad for work–experts

THE PHILIPPINE middle class has virtually relocated overseas as more Filipinos seek work abroad, giving rise to problems but also creating potential opportunities, experts and officials said Thursday.
“The middle-class of this country is rapidly becoming foreign-based,” Frederico Macaranas, executive director of the Asian Institute of Management’s think-tank, told the conference.
It has been estimated that some eight million Filipinos or about 10 percent of the total population are now living overseas.

http://news.inq7.net/breaking/index.php?index=1&story_id=53966

orangedays

10-21-2005, 10:39 AM

hi. ok lang ba irepost yung news na yun?
sabi sa baba, copyrighted do not rewrite, redistribute, etc…

andres

10-21-2005, 11:50 AM

Okay lang 'to. Dahil naka-link siya sa original page (pero mas mabuti pa sana kung nakasulat explicitly kung saan nanggaling ang news item).

Ang mali ay kung kinat-en-paste yung buong article dito sa TF, at lalo na kung hindi properly cited ang original source.

Teddy

10-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Another new period of brain drain…? You guys on TF are all “brains” that have drained down here…:smiley: hmmm…happy or sad???:confused:

Raiden

10-25-2005, 04:50 AM

Another new period of brain drain…? You guys on TF are all “brains” that have drained down here…:smiley: hmmm…happy or sad???:confused:

Am I happy or sad about it?

For me it is bittersweet. It is bitter that I have to leave my homeland to pursue a better life somewhere else. It is sweet, because I know that all the things I have learned, all the experiences I’ve gained, and all the things that I’ve earned will help fuel the advancement of my homeland someday. :cool:

This is an archived page from the former Timog Forum website.